Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tanveer.hussain

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 database definition update Issue

4 posts in this topic

Dear Admins,

I have an encounter an issue in my Windows 2008 R2 server with anti-virus 6.0 update issue. It doesn't start by clicking update button. kindly guide me what to do because this is my production server.

5 minutes ago, tanveer.hussain said:

Dear Admins,

I have an encounter an issue in my Windows 2008 R2 server with anti-virus 6.0 update issue. It doesn't start by clicking update button. kindly guide me what to do because this is my production server.

Hello.

Support for KAV 6 has ended January 1, 2017, and should not be relied on to receive updates since then. Please upgrade to a more recent version (see "Product support lifecycle" link in my signature).

Thank you.

Acknowledge. but i need assistance to copy updates files from another server to this for interim until update. Can you guide me what files and folders required to copy and paste.

2 minutes ago, tanveer.hussain said:

Acknowledge. but i need assistance to copy updates files from another server to this for interim until update. Can you guide me what files and folders required to copy and paste.

The problem is not with the files that won't be copied, but with KAV that won't verify the updates. Currently only a special version of KAV 6 under a dedicated license (check availability with your local KL partner) can receive updates; also, users report that the database will update once upon installation. Unfortunately, we cannot back that up either.

Thank you.