Password Manager Firefox extension isn't working

The extension consistently remains in this state. I can only use it once or twice at most. Both the Password Manager and the Kaspersky Protection extension are malfunctioning. You can see it in the screenshots. The only thing I've noticed is that if I don't enter a password into and activate the Kaspersky Password Manager application on MacOS, it doesn't encounter any errors. Of course, in that case, I can't use the password manager.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

MacOS Sonoma 14.5 Firefox 125.0.2 (64 Bit)

Ekran Resmi 2024-04-25 16.40.01.png

Ekran Resmi 2024-04-25 16.40.05.png

7 hours ago, Adem said:

MacOS Sonoma 14.5 Firefox 125.0.2 (64 Bit)

The extension consistently remains in this state. I can only use it once or twice at most. Both the Password Manager and the Kaspersky Protection extension are malfunctioning. You can see it in the screenshots. The only thing I've noticed is that if I don't enter a password into and activate the Kaspersky Password Manager application on MacOS, it doesn't encounter any errors. Of course, in that case, I can't use the password manager.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Hello @Adem

Welcome!

Following this guide: Uygulamayı kullanmaya başlama -> please do the following steps:

1. Uninstall Kaspersky Password Manager (KPM) application. 
  2. Uninstall the Kaspersky Password Manager extension. 
  3. Exit the Firefox browser. 
  4. Shutdown, power OFF the Mac. Power ON & login. 
  5. Download a new KPM installer. 
  6. Install KPM application. 
  7. Install KPM extension. 
  8. Recheck if KPM extension continues to stay in a "Lütfen bekleyin" status? IF the answer is YES, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include images of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you:

image.thumb.png.d9a4d362ef39a48421f136be7fe0617b.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your feedback. I tried, but the issue wasn't resolved, so I've created a ticket. Additionally, there's an error in the Firefox extension installation process. Here's how you can potentially help others:

In Kaspersky's own documentation, they provide this link for the Firefox extension: https://browser-plugins.s.kaspersky-labs.com/kpm/extension/firefox/kaspersky_password_manager-24.0.128.1-fx.xpi, but the extension file in this link doesn't work. It simply opens as faulty and doesn't establish a connection.

When you try to download the extension in Kaspersky Password Manager for MacOS, it redirects you to "https://click.kaspersky.com/?hl=tr&link=kpmmac_Firefox&pid=kpmmac&version=10.2.0.42," which is also incorrect.

To solve this, you can change the "tr" part in the link to "en" or "ru," and then you can download and use the extension.

For example: https://click.kaspersky.com/?hl=en&link=kpmmac_Firefox&pid=kpmmac&version=10.2.0.42

Edited by Adem
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adem said:
  1. I tried, but the issue wasn't resolved, so I've created a ticket.
  2. Additionally, there's an error in the Firefox extension installation process.
  3. In Kaspersky's own documentation.
  4. Here's how you can potentially help others:

Hello @Adem

You're most welcome!

1. Excellent. 
  2. You're more than welcome to raise the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service. 
  3. Is not documentation we provided, furthermore - it works for us:image.thumb.png.3da55f5743e8c7ee630dcc8e98122784.png  image.thumb.png.78f51eb828a5307f50ac838303ffe29b.png  image.thumb.png.c765c182c17d1c6781274a908b193740.png
  4. 😅You misunderstand our role.
  5. Why you're also downloading/activating a *Windows* KPM extension for a Mac issue is beyond us. 
  6. You're more than welcome to report both issues to Kaspersky Customer Service while you're working with them to resolve the original issue. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available - you may then *potentially* help other Kaspersky Community members.  
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
tested alleged documentation errors, not able to replicate