Sign in to follow this  
bugmeee

Mouse problems?! klmouflt.sys seems to be the culprit

My mouse has started to double click or not keep a selection. It ruins drag-and-drops and confuses selecting with opening things. This makes the pointing device entirely unreliable to the point of driving anyone insane. You think you know, but you have no idea. I would rather the mouse not work at all.

I thought it was a hardware issue, but it works fine on other PCs.

Finally, looking in Device manager at the mouse driver details I spotted the Kaspersky mouse filter, klmouflt.sys. Which gave me the idea to turn off Kaspersky, restart and see if it misbehaves anymore. Sure enough, that fixed the issue.

Is there anything I can do before I find myself having to uninstall because of this silly little big issue? :b_lol1:

klmouflt.sys is version 8.10.0.41

KIS 14.0.0.4651 (h)

Windows 7 x64 7600

edit: collection of sig links = Off.

Edited by richbuff

A sad day for science... It didn't fix, it wasn't Kaspersky AV after all. I think I gotta reinstall Windows entirely. Shame, it was running so smooth.

edit: collection of sig links = Off.

Edited by richbuff

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.