redbaron51

KIS 2014 - Snipping Tool - Windows Snip not working

Windows 7 x64 fully patched

Pure 3 (13.0.2.558(a))

not sure whether this has been reported before, but upon using "Safe Money" Kaspersky sandbox if I try to launch snipping tool it fails (see screenshot).

72b7919706d8ab2cab52f174fc5ef056.jpg

once I close the sandbox environment than snipping tools work normally.

is this a normal/design behaviour???

thanks,

Hello

the safe money feature is designed to prevent 3rd party tools from taking screenshots of your screen (only the regular print screen should work) - otherwise your credit card number could be transfered across the net.

Hello

the safe money feature is designed to prevent 3rd party tools from taking screenshots of your screen (only the regular print screen should work) - otherwise your credit card number could be transfered across the net.

Thanks for the explanation

Hy,

Window Snip not working (KIS 14.0.0.4651(a) HU). I stop the protection (System Tray Icon - Kaspersky - Exit), it works again.

This is a known issue?

Best Regards, Zoli

post-267563-1379333162_thumb.jpg

Edited by HZoli87

Yes, i use free version of MBAM.

Snipping Tool -> Trusted application

Thank you for your help.

post-267563-1379351941_thumb.png

I uninstalled the free version of MBAM, the problem is not solved. Anyone able to reproduce this issue?

System Tray -> Kaspersky Icon -> Exit -> Snipping Tool / Windows Snip (Trusted application) works again

I uninstalled the free version of MBAM, the problem is not solved. Anyone able to reproduce this issue?

System Tray -> Kaspersky Icon -> Exit -> Snipping Tool / Windows Snip (Trusted application) works again

Please, create a request to tech.support and post here the number.

I am using KIS Safe Money with Windows 8.1 and when I try to use Microsoft Snipping Tool I am not able to capture the screen in any of the Snipping Tool modes (rectangular snip, full screen snip, etc.) The screen just goes blank and I capture a blank screen. When Safe Money is not open, the Snipping Tool works fine. I will try to take a look at ticket #315275553.

I have seen this problem described elsewhere in this forum as a bug. There have been tickets opened to address the problem. What if I WANT to allow screen captures in Safe Money with a tool such as Microsoft Snipping Tool? Shouldn't there be an option for allowing this?

I see that you have cross-posted in different sections of this forum. Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and which also may identify issue area, instructions, see the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

There is an option. You can always use PrintScreen button on your keyboard, if you want to take screenshot. Afterwards just paste screenshot into Paint, for example, by pressing CTRL+V.

I'm also seeing this problem. Snipping Tool will only select the full screen when I have KIS running, otherwise it works ok. Note that I can switch off all the major functions in Settings or hit pause protection, but it makes no difference. I must quit KIS before Snipping Tool will work ok. On top of that, if I enable the second monitor, then the window snip switches to that if I send the mouse pointer over to it.

I see this problem has been around since 2013 and I've only started noticing it recently, so has a fixed problem come back, perhaps?

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...138f66c0eaf96ea

There is an option. You can always use PrintScreen button on your keyboard, if you want to take screenshot. Afterwards just paste screenshot into Paint, for example, by pressing CTRL+V.

What you are suggesting is that I go through a series of additional steps in order to capture the portion of the screen that I am trying to capture:

1.) Capture the full screen, 2.) Paste this into Paint, 3.) Use Paint to crop, 4.) Paste the cropped portion into some other document and/or save it.

While this may represent a solution, to me this is too time consuming and is not an acceptable solution.

I'm also seeing this problem. Snipping Tool will only select the full screen when I have KIS running, otherwise it works ok. Note that I can switch off all the major functions in Settings or hit pause protection, but it makes no difference. I must quit KIS before Snipping Tool will work ok. On top of that, if I enable the second monitor, then the window snip switches to that if I send the mouse pointer over to it.

I see this problem has been around since 2013 and I've only started noticing it recently, so has a fixed problem come back, perhaps?

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...138f66c0eaf96ea

There is another thread in this forum in which it is explained that the disabling of snipping tools is an intentional feature of KIS and/or Safe Money.

If this is indeed an intentional feature, I think we should be discussing a possible KIS program modification to allow snipping or a sensible workaround

rather than discussing program bugs. Is this a bug or is it an intentional feature?

If it's really a feature, then it should be possible to turn it off. Since I've been running KIS for years without seeing this problem, I suspect there's a bug somewhere. I've looked at the program settings and couldn't see anything related to this.

Edited by Qubit

Sorry for long delay in replying.

You are unable to use Snipping Tool only when at least one instance of Protected Browser is running. Protected Browser is designed to be used only for processing online payments mostly, which in usual scenario is not often procedure. So, I personally do not see a problem here, as it takes several seconds more to capture needed portion of screen. Please keep in mind that this is intended as SnippingTool is a software, whilst pressing a button on keyboard is done via hardware to prevent possible exploits.

You are unable to use Snipping Tool only when at least one instance of Protected Browser is running. Protected Browser is designed to be used only for processing online payments mostly, which in usual scenario is not often procedure. So, I personally do not see a problem here, as it takes several seconds more to capture needed portion of screen. Please keep in mind that this is intended as SnippingTool is a software, whilst pressing a button on keyboard is done via hardware to prevent possible exploits.

Kaspersky displays a 'Mummy-knows-best; be-a-good-child-and forget-about-it' attitude on this subject. I'm obviously not alone in wanting to capture a snip of a purchase order and save it temporarily as a Word document in case I need to refer to it. I don't want a screen print.

There should be an option for users to permit snipping, should that be their preference. Don't be so stubborn Kaspersky! You don't know better than your clients what their preferences are.

Edited by Veracity

Thanks for getting back to me, Igor.

Well, the behaviour appears to have changed in the 9 months since I made my post and I'm able to snip normally now, so the program must have been patched since then to remove this problem.

I'm on 2015 and will install 2016 soon, so I'll let you know if there are any problems with this, but I doubt there will be.

Thanks for getting back to me, Igor.

Well, the behaviour appears to have changed in the 9 months since I made my post and I'm able to snip normally now, so the program must have been patched since then to remove this problem.

I'm on 2015 and will install 2016 soon, so I'll let you know if there are any problems with this, but I doubt there will be.

Thanks Igor. The reason I raised this issue again is that I recently tried to do snips for some purchases and they were all blocked by Kaspersky. I remembered there used to be an option in the Kaspersky set-up (2014?) that supposedly let one opt in for snipping. It never worked for me but I thought I would try to activate it in K2015 - but I couldn't find it in the set-up. Hence I returned to this forum.

So my situation with K2015 is that I cannot snip and cannot find an option to enable snipping. Also I can confirm that snipping is listed as 'Trusted' in K's 'Tools>Application activity'.

Can you help? By the way, being pretty old, I'm no computer expert.

Thanks

Hello,

@Veracity: Snipping Tool is prevented from taking screenshots to make your transactions more secure. This is the main reason behind that. Though you still have an option to take screenshots, just in more old-fashioned way.

@Qubit: You must be running Windows 10, which still doesn't have all features implemented, including protection from screenshots: http://support.kaspersky.com/12198

Hello,

@Veracity: Snipping Tool is prevented from taking screenshots to make your transactions more secure. This is the main reason behind that. Though you still have an option to take screenshots, just in more old-fashioned way.

@Qubit: You must be running Windows 10, which still doesn't have all features implemented, including protection from screenshots: http://support.kaspersky.com/12198

Sorry, but no. I'm running Windows 7.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.