SmartBadger

Infinite "Restart to finish updating"

I'm having a rather odd problem with Kaspersky Total Security:

For the last 3 or 4 months, every week or so, Kaspersky insists that it has to restart to finish updates - but, when I restart, Kaspersky does not boot at all.  If I start Kaspersky manually, after rebooting, it still says it has to restart to finish updating.  Re-installing Kaspersky is the only fix I have found - but a week or so later, it will happen again.

I have Total Security on 3 PCs on the same network, OS (Windows 7), and similar software and usage, but only one of them does this.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm totally at a loss as to what may be causing the issue.

Welcome. Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

1 hour ago, richbuff said:

Welcome. Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0.1088(b)