conslider

Systems Management - Patch Management [In progress]

hi there, we are currently plan to upgrade our kes license to advanced so that we can use the systems management patch functionality. We have about 1500 machines under domain AD. Currently the microsoft SCCM server is being used to deploy microsoft service packs and other updates. we have windows 7 ent 90% and 5% windows servers and the remaining 5% winxp sp3 and is schduled to be upgraded to win 7 ent. We were given a test NFR key to test the systems management functionality.

I was told that if i plan to use the KSC as the WSUS server, then it will change the ms windows update config of my workstations to point to localhost:1550. Will this mess the settings of SCCM?

How to get KSC only patch 3rd party apps only without stepping over SCCM configurations?

attached a screenshot of my current netagent policy. Am i in the right track?

ksc and agent version 10.1.249 and kes MR1

Please advise. thank you.

post-122-1441294742_thumb.jpg

Edited by conslider

hi there, we are currently plan to upgrade our kes license to advanced so that we can use the systems management patch functionality. We have about 1500 machines under domain AD. Currently the microsoft SCCM server is being used to deploy microsoft service packs and other updates. we have windows 7 ent 90% and 5% windows servers and the remaining 5% winxp sp3 and is schduled to be upgraded to win 7 ent. We were given a test NFR key to test the systems management functionality.

I was told that if i plan to use the KSC as the WSUS server, then it will change the ms windows update config of my workstations to point to localhost:1550. Will this mess the settings of SCCM?

How to get KSC only patch 3rd party apps only without stepping over SCCM configurations?

attached a screenshot of my current netagent policy. Am i in the right track?

ksc and agent version 10.1.249 and kes MR1

Please advise. thank you.

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is any reason why not the latest version of KSC is used instead of version 10.2.434? Please note that the latest version is available here.

Thank You!

hi,

thanks for your reply. you are right, but the key is just for 1 month NFR. kinda want to know the workings of the patch management. just to test. are you saying the current version i have now would not work for my situation? i would definitely consider to upgrade to the latest version ksc, netagent and kes soon. would appreciate if you can answer my other questions regarding ms sccm..etc.. . thank you.

hi,

thanks for your reply. you are right, but the key is just for 1 month NFR. kinda want to know the workings of the patch management. just to test. are you saying the current version i have now would not work for my situation? i would definitely consider to upgrade to the latest version ksc, netagent and kes soon. would appreciate if you can answer my other questions regarding ms sccm..etc.. . thank you.

Hello,

please describe your infrastructure with more details.

Thank you.