I have read over the documentation, searched the web, and I cannot find a definitive answer. I have a client running Kaspersky SMG, and an Exchange 2013 server for mail. The SMG is handling incoming mails no problem so far (they are for sure hitting SMG first, then Exchange is not filtered). My question/issue is, does the SMG act as a smarthost to filter/scan OUTBOUND emails from the Exchange server? I am not finding anything about setting up to handle local email heading OUTBOUND. My thought was that I should be able to add a send connector to my Exchange server, and use Kaspersky SMG as the smart host. Does SMG not do that??

Hello.

According to administrators guide https://docs.s.kaspersky-labs.com/multilanguage-INT-20180521_142409/english-INT-20180521_142409/admin guide_kaspersky secure mail gateway_1.1_mr2_en.pdf :

Kaspersky Secure Mail Gateway protects incoming and outgoing email against malware and spam, performs content filtering of messages, and, when integrated with Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform (hereinafter also referred to as "KATA"), protects email against targeted attacks intrusions on the corporate IT infrastructure.

hi,

unable to send emails to outside network from zimbra server via ksmg. When Iam trying to send mail from domain to gmail its giving error relay access denied. Kindly provide appropriate solution.

BR

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Supertech said:

hi,

unable to send emails to outside network from zimbra server via ksmg. When Iam trying to send mail from domain to gmail its giving error relay access denied. Kindly provide appropriate solution.

BR

I had the same issue. What I did:

In KSMG web console, make sure all the domains you have are listed in the Domains section, also make sure the domains have the destination address listed, which should be your mail server.

Under Settings section, under MTA make sure your networks are listed in the Trusted Networks section (or the device IPs that are send mail), and under the Email Destination Address, it should be empty/not defined, but yo have to have the MX Record Lookup ENABLED there.

In the Message Queue section, make sure both Sending Messages and Receiving Messages are enabled. IE and Edge did NOT show the buttons, Chrome does.

Then you should be able to point your mail server to the KSMG and send through it.

Edited by dbarnes69

hi,

can you provide me the steps to be performed along with screenshot. It will be very helpful

BR

11 hours ago, Supertech said:

hi,

BR

For issues regarding KSMG, please create an incident in CompanyAccount, describing the issue. The reply will be provided within the incident.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Supertech said:

hi,

please update. Waiting for your quick response.

Thank you.

Give me a little bit.. I will try to get exact steps and pics by tomorrow...