Sign in to follow this  
thedillinger

Getting the error "Databases have not been updated for a long time"

Getting the error "Databases have not been updated for a long time" while there is a green tick next to Update. Update is set to run automatically and has run itself every day. I have seen this error a lot times before but it goes away.

After kaspersky auto updates this error goes away and says "Databases up to date".

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) - Service Pack 1

Kaspersky Internet Security 13.0.1.4190

Database release date: 05/06/2014 13:57:00 (got from hovering over kaspersky icon)

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c9a521da2847500

Also note that Anti advertisement features of kaspersky are not blocking a lot of ads.. but from reports anti-banner seems to be working as in there are reports there of some allowed and some blocked. i get ads on youtube and forums now and have done for ages i should have reinstalled ideally back then.

Another thing to note in detailed reports in kaspersky i have Zero entries for firewall.. even for entire period or any other period.. is that normal?

I have checked my Laptop date and time and it is correct.

Edited by thedillinger

Please clean install version 2014. Clean install instructions, download links and answers to frequently asked questions are located in the second and third Important topics.

After you clean install version 2014, do a databases update > reboot.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Any better with the current version?

hi richbuff, the database not updated in a long time message vanished after i clean installed the new version.. but something i noticed right away it was still not blocking youtube ads not the pop up over video or the wait 5 seconds before you can skip type or the 18-20 second video ads. Originally kaspersky did block these things but the last 2 versions i have tried have not or at least stopped doing so.. the lastest version never did. Is this by design? or not.