hi!

i use KAV 2014 and Windows Firewall.i've created rules for blocking apps with WF,but if i don't disable monitoring of port 80 in KAV,WF not blocks the apps that i've previous created rules.disabling port 80 monitor in KAV,WF works well and the rules that i've created works well again.

the question is:

can i disable port 80 monitor in KAV without loss in security?this is the only way for WF works correctly.otherwise,with port 80 monitored in KAV,WF don't blocks nothing!

can i use KAV in security disabling only port 80 monitoring?

Web pages won't be scanned if you disable port 80 monitoring. It's considered a security risk, but not a big one as you have other layers to protect you.

Web pages won't be scanned if you disable port 80 monitoring. It's considered a security risk, but not a big one as you have other layers to protect you.

ok,thanks.but KAV should be able to make WF works properly.why this issue with WF?

there is a trick to avoid to disable port 80 for making WF works properly?

Edited by fretless

Windows Firewall can't intercept loopback connections made through KAVs proxy used for traffic scanning, so there's no way to make them work. A lot of other 3rd party firewalls exhibit the same behavior.

Windows Firewall can't intercept loopback connections made through KAVs proxy used for traffic scanning, so there's no way to make them work. A lot of other 3rd party firewalls exhibit the same behavior.

the only FW that works with KAV and his port 80,for me,is Outpost Pro.Private Firewall,not works.Online Armor free crash with it,Zone Alarm makes my pc like a crawl with KAV.WF is the only FW that i liked to use.

resolved installing Comodo Firewall Free.now created blocking rules of Comodo works with KAV.

Edited by fretless

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.