firelite

Icon symbol

9 posts in this topic

A circle much like an ornament (with a small vertical line at the top) has replaced the checkmark on my desktop icon. What does it mean and how do I get the checkmark (for OK) back?

Welcome. Please open the main Kaspersky window, then click if you are lead to items that need attention. Then post the screenshot of the details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Welcome. Please open the main Kaspersky window, then click if you are lead to items that need attention. Then post the screenshot of the details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

I have the same problem but can't upload a screenshot - Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space :unsure:

OK, I cropped it and it worked this time!

post-422057-1341834315_thumb.png

I have the same problem but can't upload a screenshot - Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space :unsure:

In addition to forum mod Richbuff's advice...

I've seen this from time to time.

If you select the little "wrench" icon next to the gadget on the right side to open the OPTIONS, and then click on the "OK" button, that will generally resolve this by refreshing the gadget.

(There are other ways to do this (such as a reboot, etc), but this is the easiest.)

HTH,

MM

Thanks, I tried but it didn't work. And as for rebooting - this started yesterday and the laptop was shut down overnight so I don't think that'll help. Thanks for taking the trouble though, much appreciated :)

Hi, NanaMac:

Sorry that didn't work.

Please wait for further assistance from Richbuff or another expert.

Best regards,

MM

OK, I shut down this afternoon and just powered up again - all is back to normal.

Thanks once again for your time and trouble!

OK, I shut down this afternoon and just powered up again - all is back to normal.

Thanks once again for your time and trouble!

Excellent!

It was no bother at all.

Cheers,

MM