Sign in to follow this  
ceez

sqlservr.exe running high @ 100% cpu

Hello everyone.

Using Kasp admin 8.0.2048 on Win03 enterprise, xeon 3.00/2gb ram with 10gigs of hd space on C:\ managing about 50 workstations.

As the subject reads, sqlservr.exe runs high and obviously the server is slugish as well as the admin kit; yet I can still deploy agents successfully. This server also works are a print server to about 20 printers which are not heavily used.

I found a thread elsewhere on the web that said to exclude C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\ which is what I did but still see no results, did this last week thursday. I dont even know if this exclusion is considered safe.

I am running getsysteminfo as I type so if anyone needs i'll post it.

thanks,

cdr

There's quite a good document here which looks to be a template that Microsoft Services use for documenting common antivirus exclusions for their products.

So according to the document, for SQL 2005 you'd want to add 'mssql.exe' and 'sqlagent.exe' as trusted applications so any files they access don't get realtime scanned, and also exclude *.mdf, *.ldf and *.ndf from scanning since you don't want to be scanning your database files and transaction logs.

You probably don't need to exclude 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\' as a whole, but that'd effectively do the above providing your database data files are located under that directory so should still work.

Can't say we've experienced high cpu usage on any of our SQL servers when using Kaspersky Antivirus's over the past 4 years or so.

Also, check your event logs and see what type of error messages you have. We had a similar issue due to disk errors which led to corruption to the kaspersky sql database as well as KAK itself.

We were getting sql error messages with the kaspersky sql database even after the disk errors were fixed.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.