Christian H.

Removing Network Agent (lost PW)

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with uninstalling the network agent on one machine. I set a password in the past via group policy but either I don't remember it or the uninstallation routine doesn't want to accept it. Even changing the PW in the group policy doesn't solve anything, I still can't uninstall the software.

I only found a few methods how to uninstall KAV without a PW but nothing about the network agent. And I found this thread (http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=118245&hl=agent) but the solution doesn't work for me.

So I'd be glad if anyone has a few hints for me how to solve this.

Thanks,

Christian

Helmut,

I tried to use msicuu2 from MS, but didn't worked out, was complaining about the missing PW

mastropizza,

your patch worked, thanks!

Problem solved

Regards,

Christian

Hi all, i have the same problem with network agent 8 on windows 7 64 bit..but the patch mastropizza attached did not help..can anyone help?

Hi all, i have the same problem with network agent 8 on windows 7 64 bit..but the patch mastropizza attached did not help..can anyone help?

Try this.

M

I tried both the solutions mentioned above and still not able to uninstall the kaspersky lab network agent (8.0.234).....Is there any other means???

Look in the registry under the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Installer

You will find this string: msiexec.exe /x{6641E82C-4814-4E5A-BB1A-A9C2F38F627D} /qn KLUNINSTPASSWD="%p" KLSETUPDIR="%d"

Use this command.

Look in the registry under the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Installer

You will find this string: msiexec.exe /x{6641E82C-4814-4E5A-BB1A-A9C2F38F627D} /qn KLUNINSTPASSWD="%p" KLSETUPDIR="%d"

Use this command.

"Nope.....couldn trace the file out....used the search options....found "msiexec.exe" files......but not the one mentioned above!!!!!" is there any other possible means???

Can you post the value of your key?

Can you post the value of your key?

????oopz!!sry i didnt actually get that...!!!! are you asking me my key??

I ask you for the value of the registry key.

I ask you for the value of the registry key.

I understand I am sounding totally "dumb" here...!!! but how do i get the "value" of my registry key????

Open the registry with regedit.

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Installer

The third key is "UninstallString3". Copy this value into the command line and execute.

Open the registry with regedit.

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Installer

The third key is "UninstallString3". Copy this value into the command line and execute.

I navigated as per the instructions..!!

kasperskylab\compnents\34\1103\1.0.0.0\ports (instead of "installer" as you mentioned I have ports)

when i click on ports the right window shows ---- Name - ab default, Type - reg_sz, data - (value not set)

NB: As i couldnt uninstall the network agent, I still went forward with installing the kaspersky anti virus 2012. thats installed....but i need the network agent to be uninstalled as it gets my system "stuck, hang" once i plug in my broadband cable!!!!