crazykiwi

USB keyboard and tablet pc problems

Hi I am running antivirus workstation 6.0.2.768 on 4 computers.

Two of them are Windows 2000 pro and they have USB keyboards, when Kaspersky is installed, if you reboot or turn on the computers the keyboard needs to be unplugged and plugged back in to make it work.

Uninstall Kaspersky and it works fine again.

The other two are Windows XP Tablet pcs, when Kaspersky is installed you can't click on any of the Kaspersky dialog boxes and you have to plug a normal mouse in to click on them, change settings etc.

Help!!

Thanks

Marcus

Hey, Marcus. I just found the same problem on my tablet too. It is strange, like nothing I have ever had happen before. When KAV has the focus, its window behaves as if there is a fence around it preventing the mouse pointer from entering the window at all. The popup menus from the taskbar and System tray behave the same. No input to the KAV interface is possible (I only have the pen for my slate tablet at home tonight - no external keyboard or mouse) so I can't even make it do an update.

Can any of you gurus out there help us? Mine is a fresh install of KAV in a clean reinstall of windows from mfg's distribution media with all service packs/updates applied.

-Lonn

Two of them are Windows 2000 pro and they have USB keyboards, when Kaspersky is installed, if you reboot or turn on the computers the keyboard needs to be unplugged and plugged back in to make it work.

The other two are Windows XP Tablet pcs, when Kaspersky is installed you can't click on any of the Kaspersky dialog boxes and you have to plug a normal mouse in to click on them, change settings etc.

Help!!

Thanks

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Open Device manager, click View and select Show Hidden Devices.

Then change the value of the klif driver from system to automatic.

I tried this but the klif driver keeps jumping back to system and won't stay on automatic, do you have any more ideas?

Thanks

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Open Device manager, click View and select Show Hidden Devices.

Then change the value of the klif driver from system to automatic.

367494[/snapback]

Hey, Marcus. I just found the same problem on  my tablet too. It is strange, like nothing I have ever had happen before. When KAV has the focus, its window behaves as if there is a fence around it preventing the mouse pointer from entering the window at all. The popup menus from the taskbar and System tray behave the same. No input to the KAV interface is possible (I only have the pen for my slate tablet at home tonight - no external keyboard or mouse)  so I can't even make it do an update.

Can any of you gurus out there help us? Mine is a fresh install of KAV in a clean  reinstall of windows from mfg's distribution media with all service packs/updates applied.

-Lonn

367462[/snapback]

Have you found a solution? I'm still having problems and no matter what I do it doesn't like the pen, works fine with a usb mouse sad.gif

hello

boot in safe mode, there open regedit through start->run, type in regedit and press ok.

in the left side navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Klif

in the right side you will see a Start entry with the value 1, double click it and set the value to 2. close regedit and reboot

372578[/snapback]

Thats great! My windows 2000 usb keyboard problem is fixed, but any help with the Tablet pcs now?

What does the klif service do by the way?

Thanks for the help.