RobbieSnr

Outdated Web Certificates

I'm finding that when I try to access some secure websites, using either Safari or Firefox, I'm getting the message that the certificate can't be verified. Firefox seem to be worse in this respect and I've not been able to access even a well known website such as Google. They have suggested that the problem could be that your licence database hasn't been updated on my Mac and gave some instructions on how to try to correct this but I couldn't follow the ones for Kaspersky.

Can someone please advise how I can correct this situation.

Hello,

Please check issue with KIS 19 for Mac:

Many thanks for this. I can't recall getting a notification about there being an upgrade to my KIS for Mac? I also have a Windows OS running under Parallels where I have a similar problem so presumably there is an upgrade for the KIS I use there.

How do I check which version of KIS, either Mac or Windows, do I have? I did download the Mac version and it seems to have sorted the problem. On the Mac I downloaded what I thought was the latest version of the Windows KIS, and then opened it up in Windows. It did download a version and I assumed that this was the latest version. However I've got a report that my connection to support.kaspersky.co.uk was not secure and that there was a problem with its certificate, and also that the owner of click.kaspersky.com has configured their website improperly!! What is happening? Please see attachments.

I'm just going off on holiday for a few days so won't be able to look further into this until I get back.

Screenshot 2018-08-09 14.23.10.png

Screenshot 2018-08-09 14.25.42.png