muneermohd9690

prevent users stopping usb scan

i would like to prevent my company employees from stopping usb scan while they insert any usb disks.

i am using KAV 10 sp2 10.3.0.6294.

Hi,

Run the following private fix. (This file only use this version.) 

Normally the user needs to ask for the username and password that is defined when the scan is canceled. This version also has a tiny bug. With this fix, problem was resolved.

Thanks.

pf3064(1).zip

step-01.jpg

step-02.jpg

7 hours ago, spatronn said:

Hi,

Run the following private fix. (This file only use this version.) 

Normally the user needs to ask for the username and password that is defined when the scan is canceled. This version also has a tiny bug. With this fix, problem was resolved.

Thanks.

pf3064(1).zip

step-01.jpg

step-02.jpg

@spatronncan you please guide me how to install this fix.?

You just have to unzip it and run executable file to install it locally.

If you`d like to distribute it via KSC you have to create installation package for it an make a task to install.

Thank you!

On 2/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, Nikolay Arinchev said:

You just have to unzip it and run executable file to install it locally.

If you`d like to distribute it via KSC you have to create installation package for it an make a task to install.

Thank you!

well i have tried to make a distribution package using ksc but it fails while installing saying the installation has to accept terms for installaing.does this fix ask for username and password if user tries to stop or close usb scan?

Actually, it just hide a window while scan is in progress. So, since there is no window, there is nothing to close.

6 hours ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Actually, it just hide a window while scan is in progress. So, since there is no window, there is nothing to close.

ok,what about distributing it through ksc?i get the error as i mentioned before ":Remote installation has been completed with an error on this device: To install the application, you must accept the terms of the License Agreement."

Could you please provide us with a screenshot that shows the error and describe the scenario that leads to it?

Thank you!

On 2/15/2018 at 8:57 AM, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Could you please provide us with a screenshot that shows the error and describe the scenario that leads to it?

Thank you!

Event name        Completed with error
Severity:        Functional failure
Application:        Unknown
Version number:        <N/A>
Task name:        
Device:        
Group:        
Time:        2/13/2018 9:26:54 PM
Virtual Server name:        
Description:        Remote installation has been completed with an error on this device: To install the application, you must accept the terms of the License Agreement.

the above is the error which i get while installation.