Sign in to follow this  
lailoken

Renewal is more expensive than new product.

So I came here to renew my licence, which is due to expire in a few days. I truly think that Kaspersky is the better AV out there at the moment (I do research each year).

However, I'm going to switch to something else this year because of how I perceive Kaspersky treats existing loyal customers over potential customers. It makes sense from a business perspective, until they lose too many customers because of this.

Just trying to send a message: Not cool.

PS: I know I can just re-buy it, but how can I trust a company like this? Fortunately there are other choices out there... keep up the good work!

I'm not sure where you're located, what your renewal price was, or where you're trying to purchase a renewal from, however, I'm in the US and checking the legitimate, Kaspersky authorized reseller that I purchase from annually, the renewal price for a 3-user, 1-year license is $22.07 USD. (Kaspersky Internet Security 2016)

Also,

Yes, buying from Kaspersky is very expensive.

Buying from a reliable source like Amazon is very cheap

Also, though I don't condone this you can usually find the previous version for even cheaper and the license works the same with the current version

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 | 3 Devices | 1 Year | Download [Online Code]

$22.07 from Amazon

So I came here to renew my licence, which is due to expire in a few days. I truly think that Kaspersky is the better AV out there at the moment (I do research each year).

However, I'm going to switch to something else this year because of how I perceive Kaspersky treats existing loyal customers over potential customers. It makes sense from a business perspective, until they lose too many customers because of this.

PS: I know I can just re-buy it, but how can I trust a company like this? Fortunately there are other choices out there... keep up the good work!

Hi, RandomMarius. In addition to what the others have said, basically you are paying for the convenience of renewal.

However, many of us shop around, buy from a reputable retailer, and just use the activation code for the updated product.

A little more work, but worth the saving. I was able to buy a 2 year multi device version for a very good price. :)

I just has a quick look at Amazon, Tesco etc. All reliable sellers. Then I looked at the Kasperksy Store U.K. The difference in price varies but is about £35 for a 1 year 3 device licence

That is breathtaking, I agree. My understanding is that as long as you have the activation code and disc from a reputable seller then Kaspersky will not treat you any less favourably than a "renewal customer". Indeed I'd be surprised if K is able to even distinguish that you are not a renewal customer.

My sympathies but unless things change with K's pricing policy and you do not want to leave K because it is the best then your best course of action would seem to be clear

mikethebike

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.