kpcz

Encrypted hdd removal from KSC [In progress]

Hello.

Encrypted laptop with KAV, then I had to decrypt it (as there were problems with keyboard). Then after a while I encrypted it again. Afterall the laptop was uninstalled and deleted from KSC. But in KSC Encrypted devices there still is two instances of encrypted SSD of this laptop. How can I delete these two SSD instances from KSC console?

Second problem is, that when I encrypt this laptop, in Pre-Boot laptop keyboard doesn't work, impossible to log in. Woks only External USB keyboard. Lenovo E31-70 Model: 80KX

KSC: 10.2.434

KAV: 10.2.2.10535 mr1

Thank You

Hello.

Encrypted laptop with KAV, then I had to decrypt it (as there were problems with keyboard). Then after a while I encrypted it again. Afterall the laptop was uninstalled and deleted from KSC. But in KSC Encrypted devices there still is two instances of encrypted SSD of this laptop. How can I delete these two SSD instances from KSC console?

Second problem is, that when I encrypt this laptop, in Pre-Boot laptop keyboard doesn't work, impossible to log in. Woks only External USB keyboard. Lenovo E31-70 Model: 80KX

Thank You

Hello,

please attach GSI utility report from the laptop.

Thank you.

Hello.

Thank You

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that you do not need to un-encrypt this laptop anymore, what have you done to its disk exactly? Did you add the laptop to unmanaged machines before deletion.

Thank You!

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that you do not need to un-encrypt this laptop anymore, what have you done to its disk exactly? Did you add the laptop to unmanaged machines before deletion.

Thank You!

Hi. no there is no more need to un-encrypt this laptop, as its sdd has been formated. And no it was deleted from managed computers.

Thanks.

Hi. no there is no more need to un-encrypt this laptop, as its sdd has been formated. And no it was deleted from managed computers.

Thanks.

Please provide an illustrating screenshot where these disks are shown and need to be removed from?

Thank You!

Hi.

These two ssd need to be remowed, as the computer is reinstalled:

mtx4rxuvoau4o7asuf6o.png

Second problem, is that manually added tasks for computer cannot be deleted. If I delete them, after a while, after computer reboot, they appear back:

2ray8eibpk9bzfa3pkhi.png

Thank You.

As these tasks cannot be removed, they generate new users all the time. Account management is full of identical users. How to stop them?

As these tasks cannot be removed, they generate new users all the time. Account management is full of identical users. How to stop them?

Hello.

Please clarify how long you have had each of these issues, and also what is the latest patch (if any) you have installed in KSC.

Does the second issue happen to one of the hosts from the first? Or are there several computers with this sort of behavior?

Thank you.

The first issue is for every encrypted device, there is no button to remove the encrypted hdd/ssd when te device is no longer in use and is deleted from KAC.

The second issue happen on one of the encrypted computers, what was recently encrypted. Added a task, to add user in pre boot, but couldnt run the task, there was "Could not run task" error. Deleted the task, and created another task. Then somehow the task ran, but also showed up all other previous tasks. Haven't tested to add preboot users on another devices.

klsrvplg.dll version is 10.2.531.0

KSC version 10.2.434

Hi.

There are installed latest patches on KSC. User problem is resovled, by decrypting, deleteng computer form KSC and encrypting it again.

Still, question is opened, how to remove unnecessary HDD/SDD from Encrypted devices tab, as there is no delete button.

Thanks.

Hi.

There are installed latest patches on KSC. User problem is resovled, by decrypting, deleteng computer form KSC and encrypting it again.

Still, question is opened, how to remove unnecessary HDD/SDD from Encrypted devices tab, as there is no delete button.

Thanks.

Hello.

Please clarify at which point the same instance of the same SDD appeared in the Console. Is a duplicate created every time you decrypt the disk and choose to encrypt if again?

Thank you.

Sorry for delay.

Yes HDD is duplicated every time PC is decrypted, then encrypted. The old encrypted HDD is not removed (and cannot be removed) from KAC. So for now I have 4 instances of the same HDD in KAC (pc was encrypted and decrypted 4 times, because of various problems)

Hello.

Please clarify at which point the same instance of the same SDD appeared in the Console. Is a duplicate created every time you decrypt the disk and choose to encrypt if again?

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.