din_vl

Storage file SS_SETTINGS.dat is corrupt...

6 posts in this topic

hi.

working with admin kit 6.0

last time i see erors in event viewer every 15 minutes on the server with kit database:

Storage file C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\Storages\b4364f08-2f27-4473-a1ff-9f3cf3c6c040\SS_SETTINGS.dat is corrupt

Error information: 1192/0 (Data is corrupted or has an unknown format), O:\CS AdminKit\development2\std\par\parstreams.cpp, 254

looking some time for help with this error - no success.

anyone can help ?

thanks.

hi.

last time i see erors in event viewer every 15 minutes on the server with kit database:

Storage file C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\Storages\b4364f08-2f27-4473-a1ff-9f3cf3c6c040\SS_SETTINGS.dat is corrupt

Error information: 1192/0 (Data is corrupted or has an unknown format), O:\CS AdminKit\development2\std\par\parstreams.cpp, 254

anyone can help ?

thanks.

Bump

I am having the same exact problem. Does anyone have a solution for this?

hi.

anyone can help ?

thanks.

You may restore administration Kit from backup with klbackup utility.

Typical reason of the problem is power loss with HDD caching enabled.

To prevent similar problems in the future you may turn off HDD caching, you may also upgrade Administration Server to the version 6.0.1591, this version has some extra redundancy to reduce possibility of such corruption.

post-340-1210068079_thumb.png

You may restore administration Kit from backup with klbackup utility.

Typical reason of the problem is power loss with HDD caching enabled.

To prevent similar problems in the future you may turn off HDD caching, you may also upgrade Administration Server to the version 6.0.1591, this version has some extra redundancy to reduce possibility of such corruption.

Thank you so much for the response. One quick question though. I updated the Kaspersky Admin Kit to 6.0.1591 (this is after the corruption) but my last "good" backup was on April 26. Will it be ok if I restore from the backup, even though the backup was taken with an older build, and the files are over a week old?

*Note, the older build I was using was Admin Kit 6.0.1405

Randy

Edited by randy8080

Thank you so much for the response. One quick question though. I updated the Kaspersky Admin Kit to 6.0.1591 (this is after the corruption) but my last "good" backup was on April 26. Will it be ok if I restore from the backup, even though the backup was taken with an older build, and the files are over a week old?

Randy

Yes, it will be OK.

Yes, it will be OK.

Great, thank you for all your help! I will turn off the Disk caching, and run the restore tonight!