Sign in to follow this  
Michel-B

Bitlocker encryption and Windows 10 1703 [Solved]

Are their any known issues with Bitlocker FDE and the Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2)?

We're trying to setup Bitlocker full disk encryption on a HP Probook 650 G2 with Windows 10 1703. Clean install.

When we reinstall the same notebook with Windows 10 Update 1607 it works without any problems. In that case, we use the exact same installation package, policy and installation procedure.

The following message appears in the Kaspersky event log: Failed to prepare the system volume for encryption.

KES 10.3.0.6294 (strong encryption)

KSC 10.4.343

QUOTE(Michel-B @ 30.06.2017 16:39)
Are their any known issues with Bitlocker FDE and the Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2)?

We're trying to setup Bitlocker full disk encryption on a HP Probook 650 G2 with Windows 10 1703. Clean install.

When we reinstall the same notebook with Windows 10 Update 1607 it works without any problems. In that case, we use the exact same installation package, policy and installation procedure.

The following message appears in the Kaspersky event log: Failed to prepare the system volume for encryption.

KES 10.3.0.6294 (strong encryption)

KSC 10.4.343

Hello.

Currently, there are no known limitations regarding such a scenario.

Please specify which components KES is being installed with, what is the HDD model used in the laptop, and what the installation steps are.

Please provide KES install logs and Kaspersky event log during that period, up to the moment when the error starts appearing.

Thank you.

I think we have figured it out. We're using TPM in conjunction with Bitlocker and require a 4 digit PIN.

Since the Creators Update, a 6 digit PIN is required.

Wi7GuN7.png

Source

May I recommend Kaspersky changes this as well, or at least show a warning and/or provide documentation. The error codes that KES/KSC provides are very vague.

QUOTE(Michel-B @ 3.07.2017 09:40)
I think we have figured it out. We're using TPM in conjunction with Bitlocker and require a 4 digit PIN.

Since the Creators Update, a 6 digit PIN is required.

Wi7GuN7.png

Source

May I recommend Kaspersky changes this as well, or at least show a warning and/or provide documentation. The error codes that KES/KSC provides are very vague.

We have submitted this information to the Knowledge Base team for consideration into the KES version footnotes.

Thank you.

Hi,

I had to modify that to 6 digits as well to make BitLocker encryption work.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction B)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.