lukech

License Expired Message - still plenty of days left

This morning myself and others that I work with had the following message appear.

YOUR KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY LICENSE HAS EXPIRED!

As shown in the screenshot in the bottom right I have well over 400 days left, and it's a similar story for others.

It might be fine for someone like me that knows it's incorrect but has spooked others that use Kaspersky Internet Security as it looks serious especially when it appears inside Kaspersky IS (Kaspersky Lab news).

Why did this appear?

Luke

post-610902-1478224584_thumb.png

Alright, I've submitted the tech support request. Although keep in mind this has appeared on PCs with different configurations, different licenses and different locations.

Has anyone else had this "Expired" message appear on their screen today or previously (see earlier screenshot)?

Edited by luke_h

Alright, I've submitted the tech support request. Although keep in mind this has appeared on PCs with different configurations, different licenses and different locations.

Has anyone else had this "Expired" message appear on their screen today or previously (see earlier screenshot)?

Yes i am in Australia and at first boot this morning friday i got that identical message in internet security.

I clicked to close the message and checked my license and it was perfectly normal, with expected time left.

So i ignored it and did a manual update and no problems since.

Might have been a glitch, but all gone now for me.

as well}}

It happens in at times unexpected so relax enjoy as your protected.

:supercool:

Thanks, myself and the others I mentioned earlier are also in Australia (oops, forgot to mention that before), glad to know it's not just us.

For those that aren't tech savvy, it certainly hasn't helped their confidence in the product.

Do you have Kaspersky security on any tablets or iPods etc? I received the same pop up telling me I'm no longer protected even though on my PC I have over 233 days remaining. I think the reason is my Kaspersky for Galaxy TabA is about to or has already expired but I've been receiving emails reminding me to renew for the last couple of months. Thing that annoys me is why is my PC being notified when I'm fully protected? BTW I'm also in Australia. Also why doesn't "My Kaspersky" show my PC in devices when I log into it?

Edited by Doop

I got this same message today when Im starting my laptop, seems this is not an isolated issue.....

post-610943-1478264717_thumb.jpg

Edited by rasikak

I'm a computer tech. Have sold countless of kaspersky products to clients for many years. At least 3 of my customers had informed me today about the expired message when i just sold and installed for them. This is bad for my business if kaspersky started to scam ppl to buy their product again which has already paid. I'm experimenting it by installing latest kaspersky internet security on my laptop for 1 yr and immediately i received the same 'expired message, your device no longer protected'. I'll stop buying kaspersky product for clients until they fix the issue as it's bad for my reputation. I'm in Australia

I'm a computer tech. Have sold countless of kaspersky products to clients for many years. At least 3 of my customers had informed me today about the expired message when i just sold and installed for them. This is bad for my business if kaspersky started to scam ppl to buy their product again which has already paid. I'm experimenting it by installing latest kaspersky internet security on my laptop for 1 yr and immediately i received the same 'expired message, your device no longer protected'. I'll stop buying kaspersky product for clients until they fix the issue as it's bad for my reputation. I'm in Australia

I have been using kaspersky since it was a grey DOS GUI around 1997/98 approx and this is the very first time i have seen this type of message.

I updated on the spot and the message went away , probably a glitch easily solved on my pc.

My license and remaining days is what it should be.

We have 5 computers with remaining 162 days and all got this message! We are in Australia. This is really terrible. My father was really worried by it and wouldn't use his computer until he talked to my husband. It is really poor work if Kaspersky has done this

Hi, as well}}

Run a Kaspersky update reboot should be ok again.

Hi, as well}}

Run a Kaspersky update reboot should be ok again.

Hi, got the same expiry message yesterday. Checked the days remaining - over 600. Applied all of the updates. closed the message. Today after reboot it has reappeared. :dash1: And, yes, Australia.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.