aberezin

Upgrading from KSC 10.1 to 10.2 DB error [Solved]

Doing an upgrade to 10.1 from 10.2 and keep getting an error "Error while installing: Generic db error: "3726 'Could not drop object 'nac_hosts' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint.' LastStatement='IF([dbo].[upgd_if_table_exists]('nac_hosts')<>0) DROOP TABLE nac_hosts;"".

Anyone come across this?

Thanks!!!

Edited by Evgeny Borshchev

Doing an upgrade to 10.1 from 10.2 and keep getting an error "Error while installing: Generic db error: "3726 'Could not drop object 'nac_hosts' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint.' LastStatement='IF([dbo].[upgd_if_table_exists]('nac_hosts')<>0) DROOP TABLE nac_hosts;"".

Anyone come across this?

Thanks!!!

I also put in a ticket with support. Ticket number INC000004213881. I searched the forums and other users are having the same issue. The topic is in Russian. I have translated some of it but no one seems to get it fixed and they are reverting back.

Hi,

We will continue investigation within the incident.

Thank you!

I've the same problem - INC000004218292

I've the same problem - INC000004218292

Hi,

Additional information was requested in the case. Please have a look.

Thank You!

I've just got the same error message :(

Hi,

Please submit a case and we will provide you solution.

Thank You!

Kaspersky support sent me a batch file to run against the DB. It fixed the issue. I don't want to post it just incase they are testing and don't want to screw up other peoples install. If you are having the issue just call them up and ask for it. Thanks Kaspersky for the quick turn around.

Thanks, have just done that.

INC000004220265

Hi,

Please submit a case and we will provide you solution.

Thank You!

Thanks, have just done that.

INC000004220265

Hi,

You should receive an email with instructions.

Thank You!

is the problem solved? because i also want to upgrade our ksc..

Hi,

It was already reported by a few customers including the post above that provided solution resolves the issue.

Thank You!

is the problem solved? because i also want to upgrade our ksc..

For this issue yes. If you are having this same issue just call it in and you will get the fix. You won't know if you have the problem until you run the upgrade. Don't know if you can call in and get it and run it before. That's a question for Kaspersky.

I'm starting to think I should hold off on my upgrade, with this and someone else that none of his clients could connect to the KSC after the upgrade.

I'm starting to think I should hold off on my upgrade, with this and someone else that none of his clients could connect to the KSC after the upgrade.

Hello.

The issue discussed in this thread is now fixable with a patch.

If you encounter a different issue, please let us know by creating a new topic.

Thank you.

For this issue yes. If you are having this same issue just call it in and you will get the fix. You won't know if you have the problem until you run the upgrade. Don't know if you can call in and get it and run it before. That's a question for Kaspersky.

ok. thanks!

Same problem to upgrade to KSC 10 SP1 from KSC 10 MR1.

Ticket = INC000004227680

Hi,

Instructions were sent to the stated in the case email address.

Thank You!

Just in case we would have the same issue.

Does the migration process damage current installation and KSC will stop working or upgrade process just fail and everything rollback and will work like before and fix is required to be able to upgrade to SP1?

Just want to know if we should consider possibility of not working KSC server till we would get fix from support.

Thanks for info

From my experience, I'd contact support first, before trying the upgrade.

When we got the error, it did a roll back, but didn't load after that :( Had to uninstall and reinstall.

My one tip, always backup KSC before upgrading. So I'm so glad we did.

Just in case we would have the same issue.

Does the migration process damage current installation and KSC will stop working or upgrade process just fail and everything rollback and will work like before and fix is required to be able to upgrade to SP1?

Just want to know if we should consider possibility of not working KSC server till we would get fix from support.

Thanks for info