Sign in to follow this  
itbm

Migration of KIS 2014 to KIS 2015 on a Windows XP computer

My family has a Windows XP SP3 x32 Laptop w/ KIS 2014 installed. It only has 1 Ghz of RAM (Old laptop due to be replaced soon). I know that Windows XP is End-of-Support and I have no control over the decisions my family makes regarding this issue. I do help them troubleshoot issues though. KIS 2014 is definitely hogging resources (1Ghz ram) on the machine. KIS 2015 seemed to run lighter and smoother in testing. Does anyone have experience w/ Installation of KIS 2015 on Windows XP? I know that there may not be a major noticable improvement, but I wanted to gather some opinions of some people who have already migrated.

Would you recommend it? The computer will probably be around several more months.

Any advice? Should I wait for patch b or c to be released?

Hello!

Do you have any problems with installation?

KISS 2015 operating systems and hardware requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3

Microsoft Windows XP Professional x86 SP3 / x64 SP2

Intel Pentium 1 GHz or faster, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)

512 MB free RAM

Should be fine on this old laptop.

Dear B--,

Unfortunately, I don't have such experience, but KIS 2014 runs smoothly on my virtual XP machine (2 GB of RAM though). As far as I know KIS 2015 would run smoothier than 2014 version on old machines.

Dear B--,

Unfortunately, I don't have such experience, but KIS 2014 runs smoothly on my virtual XP machine (2 GB of RAM though). As far as I know KIS 2015 would run smoother than 2014 version on old machines.

Hi Egor,

Thanks for your reply! Is the download distributable considered MP1? I was thinking of waiting until the "Final version" is RTM and patched to at least patch b. before installing.

B--: I am still using Windows XP SP3 on one of my HDD's and had no problem installing KIS 2015 on it. My understanding is that Windows XP will only recognize 1 Ghz ram total so Dmitry Ulsky is correct that you need to have 512 MB free RAM for Windows XP to run KIS 2015 properly. If you do, you should have no problem installing and running KIS 2015. If you don't have at least 512 MB free RAM, you might want to consider uninstalling some unnecessary programs to gain the needed 512 MB free RAM given you plan to have the XP SP3 x32 Laptop in use for several more months. Edited by breviceps2

How is Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 running on XP SP3 lately? It is one of those family computers with 1GB of RAM (it's that old when that was standard). I re-imaged the PC 2 years ago, and they are waiting on Windows 9 to be released to buy a new PC. Then, they are re-formatting the XP PC and tossing it.

It is currently running KIS 2014 (latest patch) and is a resource hog (in part because of the1 GB of RAM). I like Kaspersky overall, but IMHO the 2014 build was not the best that has ever been released.

I am interested if anyone has experience, specifically with XP and 1-2 GB of RAM.

Main concerns: Resource/RAM usage, overall protection and stability.

Thank you in advance for your knowledge in this matter.

I've installed KIS 15.0.0.463 (15.0.1.415 is not yet available in my country) german on an old computer running Windows XP SP3 x86 with all updates till Apr 2014.

CPU Intel Core 2 duo (Penryn Wolfdale) 2.8 GHz; 1 GB of DDR2 RAM.

Conclusion: The overall computer performance is not significantly reduced.

However, the startup time to the complete desktop is delayed by approx. 15 s compared to the same computer without KIS installed.

Start time of applications, e.g. IE8, FileZilla, Foxit Reader, O&O Defrag is not significantly delayed. The same is valid for surfing the internet (of course it is not comparable to up-to-date hardware and Windows 8.1).

Important for upgrade: Exit KIS 2014, uninstall it from control panel (keep no data, only the license), reboot, install KIS 2015 (or KIS 2015 MR1), update database manually, reboot.

Anyone have any updates on this topic on the latest releases of KIS 2015 w/ MR 2 and current patches? or What about KTS w/ MR2 latest patches?

It will be for a Windows XP PC w/ SP3 32-bit. It only has 1 GB of RAM. It's a temporary computer that hopes to last until Windows 10 is RTM and then wait about 3-4 months after to see how it is going instead of going to Windows 8.1

It ran okay in a VM w/ 2 GB of RAM on Windows 7 w/ me.

Thank You!

Hello,

Sadly I do not have such experience, but I guess it should work just fine. In case you encounter any problems\errors do not hesitate to contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.