Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
No1dea

10 posts in this topic

Using KIS on a Mac:

Immediately after updating, all other indications are that KIS HAS updated, but the Status line under Database Information states: " Databases are extremely out of date".

Why!? and how to rectify?

Do you have the correct system date?

Yes, the system day and date on the Mac are correct.

Yes, the system day and date on the Mac are correct.

Correction: the Mac's system location, time zone, day, day and time are correct.

Correction: the Mac's system location, time zone, day, day and time are correct.

During the update, KIS status is displayed as "Databases are up to date" but as soon as the update is complete, whilst the "Database release" date is today, the status reverts to "Databases are extremely out of date".

During the update, KIS status is displayed as "Databases are up to date" but as soon as the update is complete, whilst the "Database release" date is today, the status reverts to "Databases are extremely out of date".

This has happened to me as well. When you upgrade the product to a new version, and then run the first update, you are notified that the update is completed, but then it also says "databases extremely out of date". What I found to correct that, is to reboot my computer. Once you do that, you get the prompt that all your databases are up to date.

It should say in the directions for how to upgrade your product, that a reboot is necessary.

I have similar problem. After database update, database date shows today's date, but "extremely out of date" message appears. After reboot, the database shows date 05/27/2013.

Hi I am also having the same problem as well, I had kaspersky antivirus 2011 installed on my macbook which detected some form of adware and when I tried to disinfect the adware it wouldn't let me, and my computer was running so slow, so I thought i'd install kaspersky 2013 for mac, i did this but it didn't detect any adware and it keeps telling me my databases are extremely out of date even if I run an update it says up to date but then once the update finishes it immediately switches back to saying my databases are extremely out of date.