Alexander Ilin

Testing private fix for Slowdown problem KES 8

did you tried this move 1 pc into a group you create rename it test and then make an update task inside it make sure that update modules is ticked kaay and give it the path from where is the source should it update from

everything is as it should be, however there are computers with the patch a or a,b that were not updated to a,b,c

In this situation, how can I apply the patches missing. Half the number of machines could not apply automatically autopatches.

everything is as it should be, however there are computers with the patch a or a,b that were not updated to a,b,c

In this situation, how can I apply the patches missing. Half the number of machines could not apply automatically autopatches.

did you try what i have been wrote abovee

After countless hours of juggling with patches b,c,pf79 and pf80 i can conclude the following for now:

- pf80 does not fix slowdown issues on windows 7 64 bit

- patch B and its counterpart pf79 can cause system file corruption (see at the bottom how i resolved that) which can prevent kaspersky to boot normally.

- In some cases patch a,b and c WITHOUT pf80 can resolve my issues on windows 7

- Windows vista 32 bit machines seam not so much affected as windows 7 machines and still run on all combinations of the patches EXCEPT for the combo A, B and pf79

- patch B was under all circumstances the culprit of the problems to my expirience.

Solution to non-kaspersky-boot on 32 bit windows 7:

1. Uninstall kaspersky, either with its own uninstall utility or if you suspect corruption by http://support.kaspersky.com/3057

2. Shedule a system file check and surface scan; reboot and wait to finish for repairs.

3. After normal boot up: run a CMD with elevated privilidges and execute 'sfc /scannow' | this will repair damaged system files if that happened.

4. Push install KES 8 again packed with a,b,c,pf80.

I have so far no consistent results for any procedure that works on windows 7 x64 to resolve non booting issues or slowdowns EXCEPT rolling back to KES 8 for workstations with patch A only.

A costumer

:dash1: So I just read http://support.kaspersky.com/9707 again and now notice in RED that it says:

"Please be informed that patch_pf80 has not been fully tested by Kaspersky Lab. Kaspersky Lab strongly recommends you to deploy this patch on a limited number of computers in the non-production or testing environment first, and make sure that the patch is applied and works correctly in the test group prior to installing it on hosts in the production environment."

This is after we were told over the past several days that pf80 was the fix for the slowdown problem, that there would be no auto update until March (then that wording changed to "soon"), and that the fix for the slowdown problem was to apply the pf80 patch.

Honestly Kaspersky, what in the F.

If I provide my mailing address would you kindly ship me whatever it is you guys are smoking over there? It must be pretty good. :dash1:

EDIT: To add some content, we are only experiencing this problem on Win XP 32 bit machines. Win 7 64 bit machines are fine. Compare that to the post above mine and this makes no sense.

DOUBLE EDIT: Mikhail says on page one of this thread "According to information we've got pf80 has passed full cycle of testing and can be used as a final solution (just for now)." And now we get the above in bold red when going to the site for the patch. Awesome.

Edited by jaylesh

:dash1: So I just read http://support.kaspersky.com/9707 again and now notice in RED that it says:

"Please be informed that patch_pf80 has not been fully tested by Kaspersky Lab. Kaspersky Lab strongly recommends you to deploy this patch on a limited number of computers in the non-production or testing environment first, and make sure that the patch is applied and works correctly in the test group prior to installing it on hosts in the production environment."

This is after we were told over the past several days that pf80 was the fix for the slowdown problem, that there would be no auto update until March (then that wording changed to "soon"), and that the fix for the slowdown problem was to apply the pf80 patch.

Honestly Kaspersky, what in the F.

If I provide my mailing address would you kindly ship me whatever it is you guys are smoking over there? It must be pretty good. :dash1:

EDIT: To add some content, we are only experiencing this problem on Win XP 32 bit machines. Win 7 64 bit machines are fine. Compare that to the post above mine and this makes no sense.

DOUBLE EDIT: Mikhail says on page one of this thread "According to information we've got pf80 has passed full cycle of testing and can be used as a final solution (just for now)." And now we get the above in bold red when going to the site for the patch. Awesome.

Wonderful so they are basically advising us to install another piece of crap that they didn't test. Yet this is what was also sent to me when I opened the case with them.

They obviously DO NOT have their s#!$ together!!!!!!

Wonderful so they are basically advising us to install another piece of crap that they didn't test. Yet this is what was also sent to me when I opened the case with them.

They obviously DO NOT have their s#!$ together!!!!!!

We sat on hold for 2 hours yesterday to get a KL support tech. He wanted us to install it his special magic way on a machine that was borked so we did that and after installing it the way he told us to it borked the machine even worse than it was previously!

His response? "Boot into safe mode and uninstall Kaspersky."

Can I uninstall my companies money from KL's bank account and back into ours? :laugh3:

6 hours counting hold time with that KL support tech total to be told "uninstall it".

Hi all,

I tested the patch, but it takes too much time (if you are unlucky you must restart the computers several times before you can install the patch),and the fix is not guaranteed.

For me the quickest and safest way to work around the problem at present (on PCs affected by this issue), is downgrade to version 6:

- boot safe mode

- run kavremover

- reboot in normal

- Install KAV 6 from Security center

P.S. sorry for any mistakes in my english.

We have been working with this problem all week. Fastest solution we've found:

1. Start the machine in safe mode (hard reset if that's what it takes).

2. Disable just the Kaspersky Lab Network Agent Service.

3. Restart the machine normally and install the pf80 patch

4. Set the Agent service back to Automatic (don't start though)

5. Restart the machine. (this will take some time 5-10 minutes... there is a lot of disk activity... it will restart though)

6. Every machine I've followed this procedure on has come back normally.

Steve C

Here is what we do on our machines. We have to have IT personell actually doing nothng all day but working through the Kaspersky issue. It is costing us thousands of dollars between their wages and lost productivity in the organization. Every single windows 7 machine is affected (we have about 200), just not every machine every day. It is sporatic until we install the patch. Problems are the kaspersky service never fully starts, we dont have the icon in the taskbar, kaspersy uses only a small amount of memory (so we know it isnt fully loaded) but enough kaspersky modules are loaded to prevent network applications from accessing the network (mail programs, VOIP applications, etc). The only solution is to reboot and hope for the best until pf80 is installed.

Here is our workflow. It isn't nice.

Run the report in KES that shows product versions and patch levels.

Export it to a spreadsheet and break it down between workstations are at patch A,B and what are at patch A,B,C, and what workstations are at abc,pf80.

The ones that are at pf80 get no treatment and we dont tend to have any issues with them.

The ones at patch a,b means the computer is really messed up, because it means that patch C is trying to install at shutdown and is always failing. If the computer hangs for more than 5 minutes at shutdown, this is why. The installer hangs. You will have to install it manually. Oh, by the way, the installer hanging causes other problems too. See below.

[At patch B, needing to install C]

OK, to install patch C, here are the hoops we jump through.

At patch level B, the workstation has to be rebooted at least once or twice just to get the normal network programs to work. Other than a reboot, we can sometimes stop the network agent service, and then the antivirus program service. Then start the network agent service. Then start the antivirus program service. Sometimes the antivirus service will error out. So we try over and over again and then it starts. Otherwise we give up and reboot. Then try it all over again. The important part is that the thing is running, and showing up in the taskbar.

Then we go to the c:\program files\kaspersky.... patch directory and run patch C manually. Then we reboot when asked. Be patient. When you run it, it may not seem to do anything for a minute or so, but eventually an installer window will pop up.

OK, reboot and move on to next step.

Note: What you will sometimes see, is the installer popping up notices indicating that a prior install tried to run, and do you want to undo those changes. Yes, you do. It will ask you twice. OK, it installs eventually. This means the prior installer corrupted something probably, who knows.

[At patch C, ready to install pf80]

Note: If the patch C install didnt work correctly, but the program still shows at patch C, then you will know the install was corrupted because the program will not ever start. Ever. You have to go to windows add\remove programs and remove patch C. Then reinstall patch C from the kaspersky patches directory. Then reboot. You may be asking well, if the program never starts, how do we know what version it is at? You have to look at the avp.exe version and compare it to another "c" version, or "b" version. Otherwise, if you are lucky, it will show up in the KES report from step 1. Either way, go back and reinstall C after you have reverted to B. Then come back here install pf80.

OK, so you are ready to install pf80. The ones at patch c means the computer might be able to have pf80 installed, but may need special handholding.

So after the reboot from the prior step, we install the patch via command line with the "when /now" argument. Hopefully it works. Maybe it will. Maybe it wont. If not (meaning it timed out, probably), follow to the next steps.

[so pf80 failed, now you have to do more steps]

Alright, so now we are at the command prompt, and want to install this new pf80 patch, but the last time it timed out on us. Here is something to know. When the installer is running, after a while it will try to stop the kaspersky services. If it cannot, then it will wait a long time and eventually fail. This means the installer has tried to kill the services, but cannot. You have to stop the services for it.

So, if it is running for more than 3 minutes, and the red kaspersky icon has still not gone away.... then you need to go to services.msc and stop the services. First stop the network agent, then the antivirus service. Yay. Windows might say it cant stop the service. Do it again. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries. You want to first stop the network agent service, then the av service in services.msc. Then the installer will finish within the next couple of minutes.

After doing all those things, then if you are lucky, the machine will be at pf80. The machine might be slower, I dont know, I dont care. What I do know is that at patch B, when a computer is turned on first thing in the morning, there is a good chance the network applications wont work because kaspersky is hung, so there will be at least one reboot just to start the day off. Patch C has the problem of being completely disabled and no one knows about it. Thats not good. So far pf80 hasnt broken every one of our machines like B and C did.

Good luck with all that.

We have been working with this problem all week. Fastest solution we've found:

1. Start the machine in safe mode (hard reset if that's what it takes).

2. Disable just the Kaspersky Lab Network Agent Service.

3. Restart the machine normally and install the pf80 patch

4. Set the Agent service back to Automatic (don't start though)

5. Restart the machine. (this will take some time 5-10 minutes... there is a lot of disk activity... it will restart though)

6. Every machine I've followed this procedure on has come back normally.

Steve C

It's nearly impossible to do this in an environment where 90% of employees are working from remote locations.

To do what you suggest means we need to get every one of our remote employees to be available (while they are not scheduled to actually be doing their JOB since their JOB is in the healthcare field where patient care must be attended to first) so they can do hard resets if needed, boot safe mode, etc. Our users would probably already be beating us if they were not in remote locations. Only a very select handful have been understanding and willing to work with us during their off time every day since Tuesday. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

We bought Kaspersky so we did NOT have to micro-manage each machines AV install.

At this rate, I might as well just slap Microsoft Security Essentials on all our Windows machines and write off the licenses we bought less than 4 weeks ago (come tax time since I consider it a total loss right now for our XP machines/users, and I'm sure the IRS would be inclined to agree; we were sold an ENTERPRISE but now unusable product with a 1 year license where it became useless less than a month after purchase).

The only consistent variable I can find here with our XP SP3 machines is that the remote users all use the Cisco IPSEC client for VPN access. ALL our Win 7 machines have been fine, and they connect via either PPTP or Cisco AnyConnect.

Could Kaspersky have done something with these latest updates/patches that totally screwed up installs on PCs using Cisco IPSEC VPN client? The Cisco IPSEC client installs it's own adapter and it appears Kaspersky does (or tries to) as well.

Some XP machines even required a dang winsock reset (netsh winsock reset) before ipconfig would return anything other than just dropping down another line. After the winsock reset the machines go back to pulling an IP correctly via DHCP.

After we get them to this point we have to exit Kaspersky as soon as the icon appears and then uninstall it, or their machine turns into a useless brick about 5 minutes after windows login.

Congrats KL, you have went from myself considering you one of the top security companies in the world to now being on the same level as Norton. This happened in the time span of 2 weeks. :bravo:

Alot of info

Thank you for all this info, but at this point you must agree that it would be easier to just go to a non centrally managed AV solution.

The entire purpose of this Kaspersky solution is so the AV does not need micromanaged on each PC it is installed on.

When I read your solution along with my now total lack of trust for KL, I'm almost scared to apply any future update/patch from them after the "This WILL fix it for EVERYONE" statements followed today by "This is BETA and should only be tried on your testing environment, not production".

My company sells a custom java program and I can tell you that if we gave contradicting statements to customers all within the time span of DAYS (not weeks or months) like KL has done, heads would be rolling.

Lucky for you and me, we are both relatively smaller organizations.

I cannot even begin to comprehend or think about the heads that are rolling in large organizations because of a problem caused by KL. Some companies don't care where the problem came from, the buck stops with their paid IT admin(s) and I would not be surprised if some companies have already fired their head admins for this absurdity that was all caused BY KL!!!

It's nearly impossible to do this in an environment where 90% of employees are working from remote locations.

To do what you suggest means we need to get every one of our remote employees to be available (while they are not scheduled to actually be doing their JOB since their JOB is in the healthcare field where patient care must be attended to first) so they can do hard resets if needed, boot safe mode, etc. Our users would probably already be beating us if they were not in remote locations. Only a very select handful have been understanding and willing to work with us during their off time every day since Tuesday. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

We bought Kaspersky so we did NOT have to micro-manage each machines AV install.

At this rate, I might as well just slap Microsoft Security Essentials on all our Windows machines and write off the licenses we bought less than 4 weeks ago (come tax time since I consider it a total loss right now for our XP machines/users, and I'm sure the IRS would be inclined to agree; we were sold an ENTERPRISE but now unusable product with a 1 year license where it became useless less than a month after purchase).

The only consistent variable I can find here with our XP SP3 machines is that the remote users all use the Cisco IPSEC client for VPN access. ALL our Win 7 machines have been fine, and they connect via either PPTP or Cisco AnyConnect.

Could Kaspersky have done something with these latest updates/patches that totally screwed up installs on PCs using Cisco IPSEC VPN client? The Cisco IPSEC client installs it's own adapter and it appears Kaspersky does (or tries to) as well.

Some XP machines even required a dang winsock reset (netsh winsock reset) before ipconfig would return anything other than just dropping down another line. After the winsock reset the machines go back to pulling an IP correctly via DHCP.

After we get them to this point we have to exit Kaspersky as soon as the icon appears and then uninstall it, or their machine turns into a useless brick about 5 minutes after windows login.

Congrats KL, you have went from myself considering you one of the top security companies in the world to now being on the same level as Norton. This happened in the time span of 2 weeks. :bravo:

I must say this is very Well put

We have 1000+ plus Kaspersky Enterpise Security Clients most of which are remote and about 1/4 of these have Becrypt Disk Encryption on them

We are having to sort these on a case by case basis which is excedingly time consuming

We have had to get our user support staff to connect to the machine with computer admin - and disable kaspersky in computer manager - get the user to cold boot with a power button then rdp on and remove Kaspersky with the removal tool - we then push kaspersky back on with the Console - and run updates - but at this point in time we have the Update modules part of this turned off.

Kaspersky support were initially very helpful - but we are finding even though we speak to the same person - we get differing advice especially WRT the various random and as yet untested patches that are being issued.

We URGENTLY need a fix ideally that includes a method of stripping the bad patches from the Admin kit - and then a module update that works

for me here, every day that passes without a concrete solution, most computers have shown extreme slowness problem, causing enormous problems of productivity. I can not contact the regional kaspersky, nobody says anything, looks like a runaway train. We want concrete answers, this problem may even go beyond the waiting spheres judicial appeals.

Can not work with Kaspersky Enderpoint Windows 8 machines Win XP sp3 and win7 are very slow and you can not open the internet and other programs.

From the start it never worked 100% because not processed objects appeared in Kit administrator and now this problem happened.

The only solution was to install WKS 6.0.4.14.24

I will like to know if i should wait for the CF2 to be released or if i should apply the pf80 patch.

I am experiencing a lot of issues after deploying the 9.2.69 Build of the KSC 9.

1.Its not giving me real time reporting

2.its showing computers are 'off and protection is off' but physically those computers are 'ON'.

3.My client is really getting tired of the product and is threatening to throw it out if Kaspersky doesn't improve it's Administration utilities.

They purchased a 2000nodes license and i have been their suopport engineer for three(3) years now.I never had this issue with the Kaspersky 6.0(MP4 Version) which i was very comfortable with and i believed Kaspersky would improve on that version.

Now its looking like i do not know what i'm doing.

I need to tell them what the problem is and profer a direct and straight-forward solution before the end of March.

Thanks

Chukwunonso.

I will like to know if i should wait for the CF2 to be released or if i should apply the pf80 patch.

I am experiencing a lot of issues after deploying the 9.2.69 Build of the KSC 9.

2.its showing computers are 'off and protection is off' but physically those computers are 'ON'.

3.My client is really getting tired of the product and is threatening to throw it out if Kaspersky doesn't improve it's Administration utilities.

They purchased a 2000nodes license and i have been their suopport engineer for three(3) years now.I never had this issue with the Kaspersky 6.0(MP4 Version) which i was very comfortable with and i believed Kaspersky would improve on that version.

I need to tell them what the problem is and profer a direct and straight-forward solution before the end of March.

Thanks

Chukwunonso.

Thanks

Chukwunonso.

You can say that again!

Sorry,i will like to ask for a Network running about 2000 computers how does Kaspersky expect the Administrators to go round each computer and reboot each of these computers six(6) or seven (7) times before thesesd errors phase out.

It is unprofessional and unacceptable because these clients didn't pay to have their computers restarted a couple of times,they paid for their Antivirus solution to work for them.

i am not happy withKaspersky and i hope they are going to get us a permanent solution and give us steps on how to fix this issue via the KSC 9 console.

Regards,

Chukwunonso.

Following with the same problem, new slow computers appear , we have to apply patch and in some computers not work.

Please a solution, two weeks of problems, all dissatisfied customers

Kaspersky will lose prestige and many customers don´t will renew your licenses

Following with the same problem, new slow computers appear , we have to apply patch and in some computers not work.

Please a solution, two weeks of problems, all dissatisfied customers

Kaspersky will lose prestige and many customers don´t will renew your licenses

Exactly.

We have 27 computers and are left in the same bind as the rest of the users in the forum. Our reseller is telling us that there are no better options, but this testing that Kaspersky is doing on our computers is killing us. We are a small Engineering company. Our users are not drones that don't know any better - they are asking how can a security software act like a virus? And when the security program acts like a virus is it really better than actually having a virus? Of course, we do not pay people to infect our computers with viruses, but we DID pay Kaspersky.

Dear Kaspersky - FIX YOUR SOFTWARE SO THAT IT DOES NOT SCREW UP OUR COMPUTERS!!!! Everyone who has recommended Kasperksy to clients or bosses looks foolish. When my bosses ask I tell them it was the best decision we could make at the time but certainly if our subscription were up we would not make that decision again.

We're uninstalling it from the effected machines then reinstalling it with it being told to not download new program modules.. Only way we can still get updated definitions without dealing with all this crap.

Kaspersky, it would be DANG nice to have an auto-rollback function in the admin tool where you can setup a task to remove your module updates when they screw everything up (instead of having to uninstall it from the client machine then reinstall with the admin server told to not allow automatic module updates).

I don't care if KL is saying not to do this. It's the only way to have productivity with their software right now.

We're uninstalling it from the effected machines then reinstalling it with it being told to not download new program modules.. Only way we can still get updated definitions without dealing with all this crap.

Kaspersky, it would be DANG nice to have an auto-rollback function in the admin tool where you can setup a task to remove your module updates when they screw everything up (instead of having to uninstall it from the client machine then reinstall with the admin server told to not allow automatic module updates).

I don't care if KL is saying not to do this. It's the only way to have productivity with their software right now.

You can rollback from the admin console.

Select the managed computers group you want to rollback, then Task, Create a Task, give it a name, then select "Rollback" from the Endpoint Security 8 for Windows list.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.