sflint@commercehub.com

Not scanned for a long time status [Solved] [MR1] [pf96]

Are you kidding me? Still no fix for this?

We have several corporate clients we suggested to use Kaspersky and when we pull reports we look like a total failure. What a JOKE!! come on Kaspersky get the fix figured out already!!

Are you kidding me? Still no fix for this?

We have several corporate clients we suggested to use Kaspersky and when we pull reports we look like a total failure. What a JOKE!! come on Kaspersky get the fix figured out already!!

Happy waiting :bravo:

:dash1: Kaspersky seems to me to be the slowest company in fixing a problem.

Very preliminary, but I think I may have found a work-around...at least for migration/updates.

Using Security Center, I right-click on "Administration Server <your server name>" and Search for the workstation to be migrated/updated.

I remove, and keep removing the found workstation until it stops appearing in the Search results.

I go back to the "Unassigned computers" area and have Security Center re-scan the IP or Domain or Active Directory for the workstation in question.

Once it is repopulated in the appropriate "Unassigned computers" area, then it can be reassigned to the appropriate "Managed computers" area (either through rules or manually).

I then run my deploy/installation task where it finds the workstation and either installs/updates or quits (due to the product already being installed).

After that, the workstation remains green after a successful scan.

Good luck.

Very preliminary, but I think I may have found a work-around...at least for migration/updates.

Using Security Center, I right-click on "Administration Server <your server name>" and Search for the workstation to be migrated/updated.

I remove, and keep removing the found workstation until it stops appearing in the Search results.

I go back to the "Unassigned computers" area and have Security Center re-scan the IP or Domain or Active Directory for the workstation in question.

Once it is repopulated in the appropriate "Unassigned computers" area, then it can be reassigned to the appropriate "Managed computers" area (either through rules or manually).

I then run my deploy/installation task where it finds the workstation and either installs/updates or quits (due to the product already being installed).

After that, the workstation remains green after a successful scan.

Good luck.

interesting. computers are green when they are first added to management... but scans do not register as scans. so if you go through this process, they are likely to turn red again after some amount of time (whatever the "not scanned in a long time" threshold is). yet even if this is true, keep us updated on what happens after a few days. thanks.

I have this same issue. The only thing that seemed to satisfy the scan flag was to run a "Full Scan" from the Individual computer properties box, under "Tasks" in the Security Center. I tried setting the group task to mirror the "Full Scan", but it doesn't seem to satisfy the "Not scanned for a long time status".

I've heard that they are rolling out a fix in May sometimes.

It's a joke really, I can't wait that long to implement - not with all the other issues as well.

I am currently speaking to our vendor about getting our moneyback on a 300 user install because of this and many other issues.

I've heard that they are rolling out a fix in May sometimes.

It's a joke really, I can't wait that long to implement - not with all the other issues as well.

I am currently speaking to our vendor about getting our moneyback on a 300 user install because of this and many other issues.

510 licences here. Problem is, we tested few AV solutions, and Kaspersky seems to have best engine for finding/clearing

viruses, its a shame that administration console is not on par with AV engine

So, it does its primary job well, but from administrators point I agree, its a hell to maintain

Same issue here, currently have over 350 machines with ''Not scanned for a long time;"

We also have another issue, that if a user switches to another network it is forcing them onto an external address 192. not internal... as soon as we uninstall KES10, the machine works perfectly.

We have here the same Problem. We have KSC 10 installed.

The AV Clients with KES 8 work fine. But Clients with KES 10 have this Problem.

Maybe Patch B for the Clients helps? Can anyone tell me if the error is fixed with this Patch?

- patch_b_10_0_3361_nagent.zip ( 1.69MB ) ( Link )

I have installed the Server Patch but not the Client patches ... ( The Server Tasks fixes a Problem for the internal Task Planer ) ( Link )

Maybe any other Tips? Thank You ...

Hi

I just had to sign up for this forum as I have been following this thread for a while, hoping to get the answer that you all seem to be having. I also have the "not scanned for a long time" problem and have been told it will be fixed with the release of Critical Fix 1.

However, I have just been told by our support company that it will not be available until the end of June this year. We all know how often these sort of things slip back too, so you can guess when it will be actually released. That makes it almost 6 months where no proper reporting can be done in KSC. I have pushed my reseller for some sort of refund or recompense now. Surely something like this should have been tested prior to release and I will not pay for the "privilege" of being an advanced beta tester.

Kaspersky - PULL YOUR FINGER OUT!

I'm sure they're caught between a rock and a hard place right now. They have people complaining about being too slow to release a fix but when they do release something quickly and something is overlooked, people will again complain and say they should have tested it more thoroughly. Being more thorough usually means taking more time.

I'm very disappointed in Kaspersky's handling (or lack of) in this manner. We were forced to upgrade as our license was about to expire and the license wouldn't work with the version we were running. We were forced into this mess with no fix in sight.

Having the same issue here.

Ditto -- Old fix is run full virus scan of All drives I guess. I'm running KCS 10 - I'm guessing newer post are same

Is anyone seeing this it seems to be related to this issue, the PCs do not seem to be communicating to the Security Center.

I get zero virus alerts in any of the reports that I get daily. Yet on one computer when hovering over Kaspersky in the tray I get the message:

Maleware detected.

If you open Kaspersky it says: There are Active Threats but does not give you any other information.

In the Security Center if I go to the PC and run: View virus activity it says Zero.

If I go to Events there are several entries for that PC.

In Events there are many entries for multiple PCs but again nothing is being reported in any of the daily reports that I get.

This is a big problem as we cannot go to every computer daily to see if it found any viruses or sit there and dig through the Events in the Security Center.

Is anyone seeing this it seems to be related to this issue, the PCs do not seem to be communicating to the Security Center.

I get zero virus alerts in any of the reports that I get daily. Yet on one computer when hovering over Kaspersky in the tray I get the message:

Maleware detected.

If you open Kaspersky it says: There are Active Threats but does not give you any other information.

In the Security Center if I go to the PC and run: View virus activity it says Zero.

If I go to Events there are several entries for that PC.

In Events there are many entries for multiple PCs but again nothing is being reported in any of the daily reports that I get.

This is a big problem as we cannot go to every computer daily to see if it found any viruses or sit there and dig through the Events in the Security Center.

Hello!

Please provide us with the export of the active policy.

Thank You!

Hello!

Please provide us with the export of the active policy.

Thank You!

Could you tell me what you mean and how to do that? I am new to Kaspersky.

Thanks.

Could you tell me what you mean and how to do that? I am new to Kaspersky.

Thanks.

Hello,

Select your active policy, right-click and choose "Export" The it will be exported to file.

Hello,

Select your active policy, right-click and choose "Export" The it will be exported to file.

Not sure this is what you need but here it is.

Well I tried to upload it but got this error:

Error Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file

I read some Kaspersky training material on KSC10 the other day. The gist of the section about statuses is that you have a couple of options to make all computers show scanned/green.

1. Set local scan tasks on each machine manually to run at required times, this will result in green status.

2. Disable the check on the admin kit so that the scanned status is not monitored - This is pretty much recommended in the documentation/training material

According to the documentation only local scan task results are monitored for 'status' so you can scan using the group tasks all day and night and it will still not show green. It seems that is what everyone here and myself have also confirmed.

Kaspersky's logic for this in the documentation is that a scan is not required for health/safety as any viruses will be scanned on execution and therefore if they are sat on your C: drive without being executed they are of no threat and when they are executed KAV will stop them before they can do anything.

So in the mean time I have changed the KSC settings to not monitor the scanned status and everything is green again. If Kaspersky release a fix for this so that the KSC monitors the group task status then great but I am not holding my breath!!

I was having the same problem until today but not on every machine.

The machines I was having the problem with all had hidden partitions on the hard drives mainly factory reset partitions etc.

I set my scan task up as attached and all my computers that had this error have gone green.

I'm not sure that my selections cover everything needed but I'm pretty satisfied at the moment. Can anyone comment as to how protected they feel these options are leaving me?

Thanks

Mark

post-187883-1367510565_thumb.jpg

I, too, am having the issue on a small deployment of 35 devices. I guess I don't have as much to complain about compared to the installs with 300 or 500 I've seen posted here. I do recall having this exact problem with v8 too.

I had so much hope for this new version. First, the remote deployment would not go over top of 8 without 8 being removed and rebooted first. Then after deploying 10, many users received installation wizard prompts when the install should have been silent. Then the license key was lost in the installation and had to be pushed. And then this with the scanning. At least 8 didn't have the deployment issues.

I'll be dropping "the Russians" (as my users put it -- they can't even say "Kaspersky") once our renewal comes due with all the bugs I've seen and the outdated management interface. I recently evaluated ESET and found that terrible. I'll be looking at TrendMicro next and may end up sucking up the conversion costs to make a switch early rather than wait another year and a half for the license to expire.

-Chris

Im having the same issue with my 150 deployment not to mention the 10 or so xp systems that have started to randomly bluescreen. I am glad to see im not the only one having the issue but its not great to see its been going on so long with out a resolution. I have contacted support twice and both times I figured out my own issue before they even responded to me.

Edited by shockme

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.