Sign in to follow this  
geertvanbeek

Cannot connect to the internet [In Progress]

Three weeks ago I installed KAV 6.0.3.837

Since that time I cannot connect to the internet automatically.

I have a wireless Cisco Linksys connection.

As soon as I disable Kaspersky I am able to connect after some time.

I do have to switch sometime between the Linksys wireless internet connection and the Windows XP wireless connection.

What do I have to do to get automatically internet acces when I startup the PC.

Please give me advise to solve this issue.

Three weeks ago I installed KAV 6.0.3.837

Since that time I cannot connect to the internet automatically.

I have a wireless Cisco Linksys connection.

As soon as I disable Kaspersky I am able to connect after some time.

I do have to switch sometime between the Linksys wireless internet connection and the Windows XP wireless connection.

What do I have to do to get automatically internet acces when I startup the PC.

Please give me advise to solve this issue.

I had simular problems all due to Cisco client software. Apperantly it scans the network in very short intervals, which triggers AV software with heuristic analyses. Thats is how it should be!

After calling Cisco support, and with a tweak in the registry, those network scans are now below the trigger level of most AV solutions. In my case Kasperky Enterprise.

There are still 2 issues with Cisco client software, mostly due to SNMP, which should be burned and burried for those client cases anyway, but you can dissable them in your client as well, or simply block SNMP ports within Kaspersky polcies.

chears

I had simular problems all due to Cisco client software. Apperantly it scans the network in very short intervals, which triggers AV software with heuristic analyses. Thats is how it should be!

After calling Cisco support, and with a tweak in the registry, those network scans are now below the trigger level of most AV solutions. In my case Kasperky Enterprise.

There are still 2 issues with Cisco client software, mostly due to SNMP, which should be burned and burried for those client cases anyway, but you can dissable them in your client as well, or simply block SNMP ports within Kaspersky polcies.

chears

Hello!

Could you please tell us which versions of KAspersky products do You use?

Thank you!