Sign in to follow this  
Khoriilya

Password Protection

We are using a college campus inviroment using Windows XP and KAV 5.x. Is there any way to prevent users from shutting down KAV Real-Time Protection as well as prevent users from changing the settings?

Thank you! :D

There's plenty of ways, depending on how you've got KAV deployed in your environment. Did you deploy everything via the KAV Administration Module? If so, you can edit your policy for your workstation group and hit the lock buttons to stop users from changing settings inside of KAV. This will prevent users from disabling real-time protection and unloading the software from the system tray.

While editing the policy for instance, you can hit the "Additional" tab and remove the check box that says "Show Application Interface" and then hit the lock next to it so it closes the bolt. This will stop the K from even showing in the system tray so users will not be able to unload the protection via the system tray, yet KAV will still load at boot and protect the system.

Let us know if you need further assistance on this. :)

please also tell what version of kav are you using....

I have been trying to deploy it to workstations using Novell Zenworks.

The version I am using is KAV for Windows Workstations 5.0.145.

Where can I find the KAV Administration Module?