Help - Search - Members
Full Version: my databases are obsolete and won't update
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Pages: 1, 2
arepam
Can anyone help me please my Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 says after I update database is obsolete and I have tried updating a number of times and rolled back but this doesnt work.

I tried un-enabling the proxy server

dh27564
Is your computer date and time correct?
Mo Ta
I have the same problem

- system date is correct
- I update the database but it always says :"Database and the application are out of date "
I have kaspersky internet security 2012 12.0.0.374

proxy and update source is correct

I have this problem from 5 days ago , I didn't have any problem before
rudger79
Welcome
QUOTE(Mo Ta @ 7.12.2011 11:11) *
proxy and update source is correct
If you don't connect to the internet via a proxy server, then please uncheck that option.

Reboot & Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.
And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Also, Please provide a GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
Michael9876
Hi Folks ,
I am new to this Forum.. I have the same problem , Everytime I try and update I get a message which says "Databases and the application are obsolete". I have a licence for 3 computers and about 270 days left. I have tried all the suggestions posted on this forum including re-installing several times ... changing server location, de-activating and re-activating, etc etc etc, The time is correct on my computers. I cannot update on any of my 3 computers ... 2 have KAV 2011 and the other has KAV 2012 installed.
I contacted Kaspersky online support a week ago and after 4 days I got a message which suggested re-activating... I tried this but it did not work... I replied to Kaspersky support straight away asking for another suggestion but ... 3 days later I am still waiting for a response. In the meantime my computers are not protected..
I am very disappointed in the lack of support I have recieved from Kaspersky.... Its utterly hopeless !!! They seem happy to advertise hype about how fantastic their products are but when it comes to actually providing support my current experience suggests to me that not only are aspects of the software buggy but the support actually provided is seriously lacking too !!!
It seems this company has grown so big that they can no longer handle the volume support requests ? Whatever the reason in my experience the level of support provided to me so far is utterly hopeless. This cant be be good for the longterm business outlook as I imagine if this is happening to me then they must be failing to provide reasonbly timely support to other people. Such management failures can provide opportunities for other companies to take some of their bussiness away.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get some quality support from this company.... By the way if anyone from Kaspersky support is bothering to read this my initial support request number is 313670689 as I would appreciate some support which Im am entitled to as a paying customer.
Thanks Michael
dh27564
Hi Michael,

See rudger79's post #4. Make sure you've tried everything mentioned. Consider posting the GSI report talked about in the post. Often, that helps members and moderators troubleshoot issues.
Michael9876
QUOTE(dh27564 @ 9.12.2011 21:52) *
Hi Michael,

See rudger79's post #4. Make sure you've tried everything mentioned. Consider posting the GSI report talked about in the post. Often, that helps members and moderators troubleshoot issues.

Hi Rudger, Thank you very much for your advice. Very mysteriouly, KAV 2012 just suddenly began working correctly about 1 hour ago.... I didnt do anything different in particular so I dont know what happened... I was doing something else and then noticed Kaspersky's error message had disappeared.. I suspect its a licensing issue at Kaspersky and someone from Kaspersky must have read my post and looked into the issue.... If so thank you whomever you are.... I turned on my other 2 PC's which have KAV 2011 installed to see whether they are working and found they are still not updating correctly but I guess I will wait and see if they also suddenly start working ..

thank you again for your response
Michael :-)
beautybek
I have the same problem, luckily so far it is only on one of the computers; as I also got a multiple licence one so I could cover my home computer and my laptop, I still have over 200 days left and it constantly keeps telling me my databases are obsolete.
I have followed previous posts, and have unchecked proxy server, double checked my computer time and date but still the problem continues..... it is driving me insane, making me question why I spent the $150 to buy the coverage when it wont allow me to have up-to-date- coverage
the report from getsysteminfo
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...41c5c146fad1dbb
please please help
richbuff
Welcome. Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.
And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

The steps that you already did are grey, so please do the black parts.
rudger79
Welcome
QUOTE(beautybek @ 14.12.2011 21:44) *
I have followed previous posts,
Maybe you missed this part:

Please check the animate taskbar settings and also attach the update report.
Michael9876
QUOTE(beautybek @ 15.12.2011 13:44) *
I have the same problem, luckily so far it is only on one of the computers; as I also got a multiple licence one so I could cover my home computer and my laptop, I still have over 200 days left and it constantly keeps telling me my databases are obsolete.
I have followed previous posts, and have unchecked proxy server, double checked my computer time and date but still the problem continues..... it is driving me insane, making me question why I spent the $150 to buy the coverage when it wont allow me to have up-to-date- coverage
the report from getsysteminfo
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...41c5c146fad1dbb
please please help

Hi Beautybek... As mentioned in previous posts I have had this issues on 3 computers . One with Win 7 and KAV 2012 mysteriously fixed itself for a short time and then the problem occurred intermittently. I believe I now have found a solution which has finally worked ...
1. Uninstalled KAV including activation data .( make sure you have your activation code recorded somewhere first)
2. Install KAV 2012 and activate
3.change the update source to ftp:// ftp.kaspersky.com ( if you need details on Ho to do this please let me know)
4. I also enabled "Animated Taskbar Icon" as described in richbuff post. Not sure if that has an effect or not
5.Run first update which is quote large.. it took ages. This first update incorporates a number of patches.
6. Reboot and update again.

The above worked for me so if you are still having trouble it may be worth a try.

Please Note; ... For one of my laptops I needed to repeat the above process twice before it worked.... If you click on the support button at the bottom left of main KAV screen you can see the software version... If the software version ends in letters ... "The last one is G " ... This means the patch successfully installed.
Sadly I tried many times to get online support from Kaspersky. I was very disappointed .. they just ignored my several emails requests.. when my license runs out I will be looking for a different company that actually honours its support obligations. I my view the best thing Kaspersky could do is replace the service manager before this persons management failures damage the company standing.. the software may effective if you can get it working but its not worth much if there is poor or absent support backing it up...
Regards Michael smile.gif
tapanyadav
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...bf398cad57d5092

even i have the same problem....database and the application are obsolete.....from the last 4 days i'm suffering from this problem....i rebooted my window...checked system date and time....followed everything whatever mentioned earlier in forum...plz help me users and moderators.....its really irriatates me...

regards
tapan yadav
richbuff
Welcome. Are you able to connect to Windows update?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

dabeshis barua
QUOTE(arepam @ 7.12.2011 16:40) *
Can anyone help me please my Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 says after I update database is obsolete and I have tried updating a number of times and rolled back but this doesnt work.

I tried un-enabling the proxy server

richbuff
Welcome. Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.
Wallyworld
richbuff, I am having the same problem. Date and time are correct, and the proxy is unchecked. I saved the most recent report and did a GIS run. Here is the information that is needed.

GIS Report

Please let me know what is up.
richbuff
Date and time are correct
Welcome. Please check again. It is not tomorrow, yet.
Wallyworld
QUOTE(richbuff @ 26.04.2012 20:29) *
Welcome. Please check again. It is not tomorrow, yet.

Check what again? The date and time? I am aware that today is not tomorrow, and so does my anti-virus. I just checked the date and time again and they are both correct.
richbuff
Your update report and your GSI report were both showing one day ahead.

On April 26, 9:00pm they were both showing April 27, 9:00pm.

Also check your bios time, as well as your time shown in your system tray.
Wallyworld
QUOTE(richbuff @ 28.04.2012 18:25) *
Your update report and your GSI report were both showing one day ahead.

On April 26, 9:00pm they were both showing April 27, 9:00pm.

Also check your bios time, as well as your time shown in your system tray.

I am attaching another report run today. I double checked it to verify the date is correct. Also, my first post was done on the 27th and I attached the report I ran on the 27th.
richbuff
Right now, where you are, the date is April 29, correct? Approximately 9pm.

But, your current update report shows April 30, approximately 9pm. Why is the time on both your update report and on your GSI report show one day ahead? I thing it is because your tray clock or your bios clock are one day ahead.

Your first post: Your first post was not made on the 27th, your local time. Your first post was made on April 26, your local time.

Please find out what your local date/time is, then correct your system date/time.

You and your system are one day ahead, according to the information that is posted in in your first post, and in your current post.
Grizzly37
Hi Richbuff
I am also having the same issue and followed the steps you said about to no avail, anyway i have run that report and attached to this email

cheers
richbuff

The grey parts are done. Please do/confirm the black parts. smile.gif
as120110
I have the same problem.

I cannot update the application and the database. It had happened before but after two weeks past suddenly, without tinkering the setting, the update process run smoothly, but now it happens again.
I attach the error message. I already follow the instructions given here but to no avail.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
neolodge
I have the same problem too.

I have updated the software to 2012 and tried updating the software again, but it gets stuck at 71%. I have done all the steps that you recommended but the result is the same. I have attached the detailed report.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
richbuff
QUOTE(as120110)
I have the same problem.
Welcome. Databases are corrupted. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

QUOTE(neolodge)
I have the same problem too.
Welcome. Network operation timed out. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

neolodge
hi richblufff, thanx for the prompt reply. I am attaching the getsysteminfo link for your analysis. I have also attached the zip file. Thanx for ur help.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d40631fff417582
richbuff
You're welcome. Revert to the default host file: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Do a checkdisk, check both boxes, instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...disk-for-errors

Any better?
as120110
QUOTE(richbuff @ 6.05.2012 14:40) *
Welcome. Databases are corrupted. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Welcome. Network operation timed out. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

This is my report link: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...371bb0a00a4c20b.
Hopefully, this will help my problem. Thanks.
neolodge
hi richbluff, i have kept my pc for scanning as you suggested. I wanted to explain the setup that i am using. I have an internet connection (cable) which is connected to a router and 2 desktop PC's (both running Win XP) are connected through the router and one laptop (running Win 7) is connected through wifi. All 3 PCs have kaspersky Internet Security 2012. I have not been able to update the databases on all 3 Pcs and it gets stuck at different percentages. But last night when i took my laptop home i was able to update the database there. At home i have a desktop (running Win 7) which is connected through the router and my laptop on wifi. The internet connection is the same(cable). I dont seem to understand why this is happening. Can u please help me out.
richbuff
QUOTE(as120110)
This is my report link...
You have too many anti-viruses installed. One is the correct number of anti-viruses installed per PC in this quadrant of the universe, and there are cryptic inscriptions on a shard of metal unearthed in Roswell, NM, that indicate that this is true in the other quadrants of the universe, too. Please uninstall Avast and RUBotted > reboot. Please disable Windows Defender, too.

QUOTE(neolodge)
hi richbluff, i have kept my pc for scanning as you suggested. ...
Any better after you followed all of the instructions that I posted for you?
neolodge
no, its the same. The update gets stuck at 71% in one pc and 43% in the other.
richbuff
Please inform Tech Support of this issue: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk
as120110
QUOTE(richbuff @ 7.05.2012 05:16) *
You have too many anti-viruses installed. One is the correct number of anti-viruses installed per PC in this quadrant of the universe, and there are cryptic inscriptions on a shard of metal unearthed in Roswell, NM, that indicate that this is true in the other quadrants of the universe, too. Please uninstall Avast and RUBotted > reboot. Please disable Windows Defender, too.
Any better after you followed all of the instructions that I posted for you?

I just installed Avast last Sunday as a second antivirus though with limited function according to Avast message while installing the software. The reason for the second antivirus is because this Kaspersky update problem, I need a backup protection until the update problem is solved. As for RUBotted I already installed it before I installed Kaspersky antivirus and it has no problem updating even though RUBotted is present.

As you suggest, I uninstalled the Avast and RUBotted and disabled Windows Defender, Tor Connection, but I still cannot update the application and the database.
richbuff
Databases are corrupted.

If you uninstalled Avast and RUBotted and disabled Windows Defender, Tor Connection, then please un and re install Kaspersky: Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.
as120110
QUOTE(richbuff @ 9.05.2012 06:38) *
Databases are corrupted.

If you uninstalled Avast and RUBotted and disabled Windows Defender, Tor Connection, then please un and re install Kaspersky: Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

Finally, the database is up-to-date after I followed your instruction. Hopefully, this problem doesn't occur again.
One final question, can I enable Windows Defender and reinstall RUBotted?
richbuff
No. smile.gif

No. smile.gif

Windows Defender needs to be disabled when Kaspersky is installed, to avoid a wide variety of conflict-type issues.
as120110
QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.05.2012 05:18) *
No. smile.gif

No. smile.gif

Windows Defender needs to be disabled when Kaspersky is installed, to avoid a wide variety of conflict-type issues.

Ok, thank you for your help.
neolodge
Hi richbluff, tried contacting the kaspersky team as well and they suggested a lot of methods and even took my pc on team viewer but i still havent been able to update the databases. Its been almost 2 weeks but no solution has been found. Cud there be some problem with the internet connection, which maybe blocking the databases from being updated. Can u help me out with any solutions to this problem?
richbuff
and they suggested a lot of methods and even took my pc on team viewer...
As you can see, Tech Support has a lot more tools than I do to diagnose and solve the issue. Beyond posting new gsi and update logs, and suggesting that you contact your internet service provider, there is nothing more I can do above and beyond what Tech Support is doing.
as120110
QUOTE(as120110 @ 12.05.2012 23:18) *
Ok, thank you for your help.

Well, the problem comes back again. A few days after the problem disappeared I replaced the hard drive with another one that has linux operating system and using it for several days. Two days ago I put back the hard disk with the windows system and behold, the antivirus cannot be updated. I did not enable the Windows Defender and I did not reinstall another antivirus either not did I reinstalled the RUBotted software.

This incident happens for the third time, the first time it happened a few months ago but the problem gone without me doing anything. I looked at the report and it says that the database is corrupt, so it has nothing to do with the other antiviruses.

I regret having bought this Kaspersky antivirus, although it was cheap but now I consider it expensive since I cannot update the antivirus for the third time. I should have stuck with the AVG Free antivirus. I won't renew the license after it expires in October this year. A few years ago I had Symantec antivirus and it had no problem in updating the application and the database, but I did not renew the license because it was very expensive. It is regrettable that the big company such as Kaspersky make a poor software.

In the mean time, I enable the Windows Defender, reinstall the RUBotted and the Avast softwares but I just leave the Kaspersky antivirus as it is, who knows may be it will be updated again suddenly like it happened at the first time.
richbuff
It most probably won't work with those three things re-installed/re-enabled, even though the issue returned when those three things were not installed/enabled.

Please post new logs and also inform Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk
PatrickPatrick
I have tried all steps listed.

Here's my getsysteminfo

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...67abe596b3aae22

Regards,
richbuff

Grey parts are done. Please do the black parts.

Your gsi report link > Summery > suspicious tab > uninstall Embassy Security Center Lite > reboot.

Delete DLPccUtl.dll from C:\Windows\Temp\tismsi\DLPccUtl.dll
PatrickPatrick
QUOTE(richbuff @ 2.06.2012 07:52) *

Grey parts are done. Please do the black parts.

Your gsi report link > Summery > suspicious tab > uninstall Embassy Security Center Lite > reboot.

Delete DLPccUtl.dll from C:\Windows\Temp\tismsi\DLPccUtl.dll

I apologize for not being clear in my initial message.

I have checked/tried all of the parts in black already.

I deleted the .dll

I cannot find "embassy security center lite" to uninstall. From reading the description that the link provided it is either my fingerprint scanner or possibly has to do with the HDD encryption/login that I have to enter before my computer boots (before POST).

PatrickPatrick
QUOTE(PatrickPatrick @ 2.06.2012 08:09) *
I apologize for not being clear in my initial message.

I have checked/tried all of the parts in black already.

I deleted the .dll

I cannot find "embassy security center lite" to uninstall. From reading the description that the link provided it is either my fingerprint scanner or possibly has to do with the HDD encryption/login that I have to enter before my computer boots (before POST).

Update: I can't find the embassy security center in my add/remove programs, I can however find the embassy security center in my installed programs under dell. There is unfortunately no link to uninstall the lite version that I can see.
richbuff
1. Your update report is.... ?

2. Please contact Dell tech support, and ask them how to remove Embassy, so Kaspersky can update.
jpbwp
I am having same problem,updates are over week old have tried changing the setting and doesn;t seem to work.I have report here
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...af231f5314dd1e8

Thanks JB
ant1virus
Hello,
I have just updated my database however right after updating it, a message shows that my databases and the application are obsolete (Image 1).
I have followed your advice to install the most updated version. I have also tried deleting the active license number and then installing it again. But it did not solve the problem.
I also unchecked the proxy settings and enabled the animate task bar.

I bought a license for 3 computers and my other notebook also experiences the same issues with kaspersky 2012.

I would like to know how to fix this problem. I used kaspersky 2011 last year but i did not encounter such problem.

I have uploaded a copy of my update report and this is the link to my system info:
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...185935870af54a2
richbuff
QUOTE(jpbwp)
I am having same problem,updates are over week old have tried changing the setting and ...

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic. The grey parts are already done. Please do the black parts. Also, please do a checkdisk, check both boxes, instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...disk-for-errors

QUOTE(ant1virus)
Hello,
I have just updated my database however right after updating it, a message shows that my databases and the application are obsolete (Image 1).
Welcome. Please uninstall Ask Toolbar > reboot. If un and re install Kaspersky still results in corrupt databases, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.