• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
Sign in to follow this  

Every time I use my PC, eventually this pest shows up. I have just noticed that it has loaded twice.It is only a .gif file but it is irritating.

I understand it is not dangerous, but just a nuisance. I have used Spybot and Adaware to try to get rid of it to no avail.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 6 and my OS is XP Media Center Edition.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have used the programme you advised and ran a scan. Nothing detected. Adaware and Spybot did not detect it either. I also have Spywareblaster on my PC.

It is just an irritation and I do not think it is dangerous, but I would like to be rid of it!!!

Do you have any information on it?

I have used the programme you advised and ran a scan. Nothing detected. Adaware and Spybot did not detect it either. I also have Spywareblaster on my PC.

It is just an irritation and I do not think it is dangerous, but I would like to be rid of it!!!

Do you have any information on it?

406823[/snapback]

Hi!

Have you tried blocking adfarm.mediaplex.com in your firewall? You could make a packet rule 'All protocols' - and set is as the remote address. Block and log, for example....

I don't remember the layout of the program, but there is an option to use SpyBot's 'black list' in your Hosts file... Through 'Immunize' I believe. Mediaplex MUST be in SpyBot's database...

You could have their cookie in your browser, by the way. Together with scripts enabled this could be enough to trigger such a recurring pop-up...

Paul

Edited by p2u

so if no program detects it, how do you know you have it? who says that?

406826[/snapback]

I know I have it, because it just appears. When I go to close my browser, there it is in a full page .gif

is it an empty page? if so it's probably a banner blocked in a popup by kaspersky

406850[/snapback]

Yes, it is an empty page.

Cheers

Gingerlily

it's probably a popup ad or a redirect page you get while browsing someplace and kis blocks the banner. Can you remember what sites you visited when it popped up?

which browser are you using?

406896[/snapback]

I cannot remember the site I was visiting, I am sorry. I use Firefox as my browser.

Does that help?