antikythera

Member categories based on number of posts is misleading

'Kaspersky fan' is something I would not class myself as. Apparently because of the number of posts I have made since joining this forum I must be. All I would say is recently there have been a number of instances which call into question whether I am willing to put up with this label.

1. If you give someone on the forum some advice in a polite manner which they will not accept they decide that you are biased because of the 'Kaspersky fan' label under your forum ID. This is irritating but rather than challenge it with them and justify my growing list of negative reasons which would most likely get me banned from the forum right now I request you change this category.

2. I am neutral, your products are no better than others on the market at present and I wouldn't recommend the current range at all if asked because it is badly flawed and overly bubblewrapped leaving us experienced users no control over what goes onto our systems.

So please do away with this system or replace it with a more reflective title at minimum like 'Forum Regular'. However, like everything else recently this suggestion too will get ignored and swept under the carpet.

Rant over, thank you for your time.

----------------------------------------------

Good day,

1. How would you call a person, who has more that 1800 posts on a Kaspersky forum? "Kaspersky regular" - is a too unemotional description of someone who definitely likes to spend time on this forum. But anyway I see your point and I can change your title to "Kaspersky regular".

2. I see an evident contradiction in this statement. ;)

I am neutral, your products are no better than others on the market at present and I wouldn't recommend the current range at all if asked because it is badly flawed and overly bubblewrapped leaving us experienced users no control over what goes onto our systems.

badly flawed and overly bubblewrapped - does not sound 'neutral'. :) I would say it sounds rather negative and what I don't appreciate the most with such statements: carries no objective data with this. I am pretty sure, you did not do an extensive research of the AV market and your opinion is based on your personal notions, not real facts. For true neutral opinions, there are independent comparative researches and many of them indicate that Kaspersky is number 1.

I personally value your opinion, but I suggest to refrain from making not objective statements like this. Please note this forum is not for ranting, it is for assistance! :)

Thank you for understanding,

Igor

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.