Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Unable to activate KIS 2012
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
petsy
I have been using KIS 2011 without problems and have over 200 days left on my three user licence.

Today I updated to KIS 2012 on my win 7 laptop by first fully uninstalling KIS2011 including activation data. During the install I enter my activation code that's on the original cd and get greeted by the message

As a result I am forced to use the trial mode till I get this sorted.

Anyone able to help in getting KIS 2012 to accept my activation code?
ruipinto
I'm having the same problem too.
Will appreciate if anyone could help smile.gif
Gondoland
I am having exactly the same issue. Have opened a case with the Kaspersky Technical Support some hours ago. Still waiting for their answer.
antikythera
guys they will issue a replacement compatible code when they do get back to you assuming the code you tried is from a valid licence with days left on it. nobody on this forum can resolve it so unfortunately it is a case of trial mode until they answer.
musicman1953
QUOTE(antikythera @ 7.06.2011 17:51) *
guys they will issue a replacement compatible code when they do get back to you assuming the code you tried is from a valid licence with days left on it. nobody on this forum can resolve it so unfortunately it is a case of trial mode until they answer.

This is what I was told when I asked why I could not activate KIS 2012 with my KIS 2011 code.

Greetings,

Kaspersky 2012 is not due to be released until the 21st of June in the UK.

You will be able to upgrade on this day.

Many thanks

Not nuch of an answer as I see it.
Sure I live here in the UK but I downloaded KIS 2012 from the download link here in this forum.
rezier
I bought KIS in the USA some time ago. My license key is also "not suitable". It's annoying that KIS 2012 is said to be "most recent" version when you can't activate it! First 2 times I was given triangle and message "key file is not suitable..." now I got green round icon with tick sign in it and the same message sad.gif
HappySmoker
Not nuch of an answer as I see it.
Sure I live here in the UK but I downloaded KIS 2012 from the download link here in this forum.

I'm also in the UK and I just finished upgrading to 2012 from 2011...the activation code worked OK. (I didn't delete activation details during KIS 2011 removal)

I downloaded 12.0.0.374 from here and it had a British flag next to it.... http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
petsy
Having had a play with the new version for a few hours, I've decided to revert back to the 2011 version.

It wasn't the fact that my activation code wasn't accepted since it may not do so till later this month when it's released officially in the UK. I found that I could not access my main email web portal whilst on another web based email site I couldn't tick the check boxes when trying to select all. I could not even check individual check boxes. On the Dell support site links didn't work that did when using the previous version.

On one forum I frequent, I couldn't insert smilies in my postings by clicking the chosen smilie from the list.

Having gone back to 2011, everything is working again like it should so I'm happy. I'll give 2012 a bit more time for the bugs to be sorted before I try it again.
rudger79
For those that have tried to activate 2012 with failure....has anyone tried the removal tool? http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Make sure you have your activation code handy and scroll down and select "Remove All know Products".
ruipinto
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 7.06.2011 21:41) *
For those that have tried to activate 2012 with failure....has anyone tried the removal tool? http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Make sure you have your activation code handy and scroll down and select "Remove All know Products".

Thanks for all the replies!

I did, rudger79, but no success.. I still got the same activation problem.
I've contacted the Technical Support already, will post here when I have more news smile.gif
HelpK
Hi all,

I have same issue that download from http://www.kaspersky.com/kis_latest_versions.

I notice that the installer is Technical release when i activate trial version and left 29 days remaining.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Please someone notify the Global support. unsure.gif

Gondoland
This is what answer I got:

Dear Customer.

This license ....... is only compatible with 2009, 2010 and 2011 versions, it won’t work with the 2012.

Nice, isn't it!
richbuff
When Version 2012 is officially released locally in your area, ask your Tech Support to exchange your license for a license that will work with version 2012.

Danila Tyurin
Hello all,

We will check this problem.
petsy
Activation code sent...
musicman1953

Have sent you mine
collimer

activation code sent, too ...
Danila Tyurin
Thanks.
huskyman67
I just sent mine as well!
Danila Tyurin
Thanks ALL!

This is known problem. We will fix this problem.
Diginet
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 8.06.2011 10:33) *
Thanks ALL!

Can you inform us when the problem has been solved? Thanks.
SpetzNatz
Same situation here. I will send my activation code. unsure.gif
Danila Tyurin
QUOTE(Diginet @ 8.06.2011 14:09) *
Can you inform us when the problem has been solved? Thanks.

Yes, of course.
supermagicien
Hello,

I'm french user and i have the same activation problem.

I hope this problem will be résolved early.

Christophe
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(supermagicien @ 8.06.2011 12:54) *
Hello,
I'm french user and i have the same activation problem.

I hope this problem will be résolved early.
Christophe

It seems quite a few has this issue so it will be high priority i'm sure. smile.gif

Edit: One post removed, we do NOT want to advice users to install 2012 over/ontop of 2011 and end up with possible issues from this type of install due to the different architecture of these two versions!
massalama
I uninstall KIS2011 without remove activation data and then install KIS2012 that was instantly activated. many users did the same successfully. this is the best way to upgrade instead of install a new version over an old one. this can lead to major problems
supermagicien
Citation (massalama @ 8.06.2011 13:32) *
I uninstall KIS2011 without remove activation data and install KIS2012 that was instantly activated. many user did the same successfully. this is the best way to upgrade and not install a new version over an old one. it can lead to major problems

re hello,

i have already tried this but without succes...

Christophe
rezier
QUOTE(supermagicien @ 8.06.2011 15:47) *
re hello,
i have already tried this but without succes...
Christophe

It doesn't work for me either. sad.gif
Gondoland
I did exactly the same. Uninstalled KIS 2011 with keeping the activation data, installed 2012 but did not activate, even after manually keying the activation code. Obviously it's a common issue, so I suggest that for now we wait for the support team to do their job and come up with a solution. In the meantime we can all activate trial versions, I guess.
meteozdemir
Hi, I Uninstalled the older version via Kavremover utility, as described here - http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
and restarted the pc. then I installed KIS2012, it did not even ask for my activation code, it was instantly activated. You had better use Kavremover... Greetings from Turkey.
supermagicien
Citation (meteozdemir @ 8.06.2011 14:06) *
Hi, I Uninstalled the older version via Kavremover utility, as described here - http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
and restarted the pc. then I installed KIS2012, it did not even ask for my activation code, it was instantly activated. You had better use Kavremover... Greetings from Turkey.

hello,

i have also already tried this, but without succes. dash1.gif

Christophe
Diginet
Dear all
The problem occurs only with some series of activation codes. KL is aware of the problem and are looking for the solution. I think it is useless to post our individual experiences and solutions. We must patiently expect the solution from KL. Thanks
zf490
I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 11.0.2.556 license 166 day remain
When i install new kis 2012 . Did not activate the program
(expires - License)
rudger79
Hello. Please see here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1672017
sprog
There does seem to be some issues with some Activation codes. Kaspersky is working to fix it.

Have a read through this thread on the forum.

Does this match your issue?
bob563
When I try to use my activation code for KIS2012 I get the message: "Key file is not suitable for this application". I use this activation code file for KIS2011, which I reinstalled to test the code thereby testing all of the possible causes for failure outlined in the error message.

My activation code expires on 16.10.2011 and is for 3 pc's.

Thanks

Bob

Divo
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 8.06.2011 03:33) *
Thanks ALL!

So, will be necessary to send the code as the other users, or wait till the issue was fixed to use our actual code? bt.gif
HelpK
I have successfully activated.

If you are using 2009 key to activate, it will prompt the error message as the #1 post.

QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.06.2011 10:20) *
When Version 2012 is officially released locally in your area, ask your Tech Support to exchange your license for a license that will work with version 2012.

Edit: + Richbuff quote.
Gondoland
and here is what I got when I asked for a compatibility activation code for 2012:

"Unfortunately no, we can’t. Maybe compatibility 2009-2012 will be granted in the new future, but there hasn’t been any exact information about that."

I am not very happy with this statement and it took them about a day to reply.

I am getting somewhat disappointed by the support as the migration policy posted here: Migration policy to KIS 2012 claims that " KIS 2011, KIS 2010, KIS 2009 – You can use your current activation code to migrate to KIS 2012"

Maybe I don't read something right or what! ao.gif
rezier
Hey guys, can any of you tell me what's the procedure of getting proper activation code? One have to prepare some special request or just ask Danila Tyurin and send him the "old" license code to change into a proper one?
Midnite1
Downloaded and installed KIS 2012 from the Link(s) posted in this Forum and the installation went well.
However, when I attempt to enter my (Legit) key, it says "Not available" for My Region....Canada.

Spoke to Kaspersky Tech support who stated that KIS 2012 is newly released and bound to have bugs.
There will be updates and fixes in the near future.

I hope this is true, as I only have 27 days left in the Trial release.

Anybody else experiencing similar problems?

Thanks for any input and solutions. b_punk.gif

P.S. Just saw that this was also posted here:

CODE
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=209850
Midnite1
QUOTE(meteozdemir @ 8.06.2011 08:06) *

Did the same thing, but KIS 2012 did not Activate.
Tech Support told me that they will advise when a fix is available, hopefully before the Trial runs out!
Don Pelotas
Ladies & gentlemen

Patience is a virtue not always mastered (hard earned personal experience).

Wait while while this is investigated. A trial last 30 days and a fix will be issued before that....until then it really does not help anyone to repeatedly posting the same about this admittedly annoying issue. If the fix is to contact support requesting a new replacement code then it will be posted here.

So the advice would be to wait and use the trial activation until any info is available instead of posting the same over & over. Again this will be posted here whether it will be to request a new code or if KL will be able to correct it via the activation servers. smile.gif
rudger79
Hi
QUOTE(fad3d_uk2k @ 12.06.2011 07:08) *
Any ideas?
Yes. Read here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=209850 Activate trial version in the mean time.
fad3d_uk2k
QUOTE(Berny @ 13.06.2011 22:49) *
Hello,

Is your system date correct ?

It is - I don't know what has caused it, as all of a sudden while i was using it, it suddenly threw me out of the settings and came up with the message
jakski
Kaspersky's handling of the KIS 2012 activation code problem is completely dysfuntional. I filed an official complaint and then received an automatic response with generic recommendations that were not even related to my problem. I returned the automatic response as requested, attached my purchase receipt, and indicated that Kaspersky did not correctly address my problems. Still no response!!

Yes, problems can occur with a new release but other than this forum, Kaspersky is still not officially acknowledging the activation code entry problem. How long is going to take before Kaspersky officially advises its customers of the problem and publishes the recommended course of action?
HomerGB
QUOTE(jakski @ 14.06.2011 16:01) *
Kaspersky's handling of the KIS 2012 activation code problem is completely dysfuntional. I filed an official complaint and then received an automatic response with generic recommendations that were not even related to my problem. I returned the automatic response as requested, attached my purchase receipt, and indicated that Kaspersky did not correctly address my problems. Still no response!!

Yes, problems can occur with a new release but other than this forum, Kaspersky is still not officially acknowledging the activation code entry problem. How long is going to take before Kaspersky officially advises its customers of the problem and publishes the recommended course of action?

Good point jakski, regardless of what other people say here on this forum I think KL should at least have the consideration to acknowledge that there is an activation problem or at the very least post something here when a possible solution is forthcoming, this would then have the desired effect that it would put everyones mind at rest and hopefully put an end to this never ending thread... mad.gif
jakski
Thanks for your posting. I Just tried my code again after reading your post and it worked. It appears that Kaspersky has fixed or started to fix the code entry problem. It would be more practical if Kaspersky made an official announcement as many of their subscribers do not frequent the forum.

QUOTE(supermagicien @ 14.06.2011 11:44) *
Hello everybody,
ma key has been finaly accepted!

I invite you to make it so much

Christophe.

rudger79
QUOTE(HomerGB @ 14.06.2011 08:25) *
I think KL should at least have the consideration to acknowledge that there is an activation problem

You mean like this.
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 8.06.2011 01:33) *
Thanks ALL!

Keep in mind that KIS 2012 is not officially released in all parts of the world, so hence the reason for lack of official support. If users are having the activation issue, trial activation will give them some time until the problem is sorted out. smile.gif
dadooo
I've just renewed my licence and it says that my licence is expired. How long does it take to reactivate it? I payed via Visa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.