Sign in to follow this  
vatson

Cannot download the package using network agent

Hello!

I have KAV Admin kit ver 5.0.474 and Kaspersky Network Agent is installed on workstations. When I try to run the task for deploying Kaspersky Antivirus on these workstatons, it fails with error:

'Cannot download the package using network agent because it is not installed on the target host yet'.

The network agent definitely *is* installed on the target host. I can see the target host in Admin Kit, listed with status 'critical' (because the anti-virus application is not installed). Also I went to the client machine and ran klnagchk, which showed no problems.

Updating the network agent from 5.0.409 to 5.0.474 didn't make any difference.

I *think* this started after I upgraded the KAV administration server from 5.0.409 to 5.0.474, but I'm not sure.

I still can't figure it out. I tried to start the task on the server while running Ethereal, and there seems to be no network traffic between the server and workstation at all. It's like the server has somehow 'decided' that there is no agent on the workstation and just refuses to try the installation...

klnagent.exe is running on your AdminServer & on the workstation, also you've all Firewalls and stuff like that disabeld (for testing only) on the machines?!

Which account do you use for running the task and what is the account you loon your system, what says the eventlog of both machines (System, Application & Kaspersky) ?

Hello!

How did you select the target computers the deployment task? Did you create a group task (a task created for a group) or a global task (a task created for a given set of computers)? If you created a global task, how did you select the target computers? Did you select them using the network tree in the AdminKit console or defined the client computers names (or IP addresses) manually?

Please create the Software Version Report for the group with these client computers (or for the only one of these computers) and check if the Network Agent is installed there. You may attach the result to your post or send a private message to me.

Thank you!

Andrew Lashchenkov,

software developer

klnagent.exe is running on your AdminServer & on the workstation, also you've all Firewalls and stuff like that disabeld (for testing only) on the machines?!

Klnagent is running on both server and workstation. Firewall is *enabled* on workstation, but UDP port 15000 is opened. The following output of klnagchk (from the workstation) should indicate that this is not a firewall problem:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\NETWOR~1>klnagchk

Starting klnagchk utility

Checking command-line arguments...OK

Initializing basic libraries...OK

Reading settings...OK

Checking settings...OK

Administration Agent settings:

Server address: 'DATA'

Use SSL: 1

Server SSL ports: '13000'

Server ports: '14000'

Certificate: present

Use proxy: 0

Open UDP port: 1

UDP ports: '15000, 15001, 15002'

Ping period, s: 900

Conn timeout, s: 30

RW timeout, s: 180

Connecting to server...OK

Connecting to the Administration Agent...OK

Administration Agent is running

Acquire Administration Agent statistics...OK

Administration Agent statistics:

Ping count: 437

Succ. pings: 437

Sync count: 1

Succ. syncs: 1

Last ping: 7.11.2005 9:31:37 GMT (7.11.2005 11:31:37)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which account do you use for running the task and what is the account you loon your system,

Now these are tough questions. When defining the product deployment task, I left the setting as 'default account'. Later, I tried with Administrator account but this seemed to make no difference. I run Kaspersky Administration kit from my workstation as a local user belonging to local Administrators group.

what says the eventlog of both machines (System, Application & Kaspersky) ?

On client, there are no event log entries at the time when the task runs. On server, the only event at approximately the same time is in Application log, logged by MSSQLSERVER 23 seconds after the task was started:

Login succeeded for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. Connection: Trusted.

If I have to take a guess, I'd guess that this is not related either.

How did you select the target computers the deployment task? Did you create a group task (a task created for a group) or a global task (a task created for a given set of computers)?

I created a global task.

If you created a global task, how did you select the target computers? Did you select them using the network tree in the AdminKit console or defined the client computers names (or IP addresses) manually?

AHA! Now we are getting somewhere. I specified the target computers manually by IP address. Actually, for testing purposes I have a task with only one target computer.

After reading your message, I created another task but selected the target computer (the same computer) via Microsoft network. Now the task started to run. The history shows:

Scheduled 9.11.2005 11:07:20

9.11.2005 11:07:22 The computer seems to be disconnected from the network

9.11.2005 11:07:22 Starting network agent's task on the destination host to download the package...

9.11.2005 11:08:01 Waiting for files...

9.11.2005 11:09:15 Setup started.

As you see, not a mention of agent not being installed. Interestingly, after 32 minutes the last message is still 'setup started', but that's another problem, if at all.

Also the 'computer seems to be disconnected from the network' message seems erroneus, I can ping the computer and as you can see the agent was even able to download files there successfully.

The problem is that not all the subnets where I need to deploy KAV are browseable via the Microsoft network, so I need to figure out some other way to deploy KAV there. But actually I think I already figured this out (from another thread on this forum).

Please create the Software Version Report for the group with these client computers (or for the only one of these computers) and check if the Network Agent is installed there. You may attach the result to your post or send a private message to me.

I can still do that, if you're interested. But now I need to find some other victim computer :)

Hello again!

Thank you, we do not need software version report any more.

Just check any problem host's properties in the AdminKit console and check wich IP address is it there (I mean "IP address", not "connection IP"). I guess it doesn't exist or is not identical to the ip address you defined in the deployment task. Please let us know the result.

Now let me explain the situation with the message "computer seems to be disconnected from the network". At that step we check the possibility of writing the distributive files to the administration share and starting the installation service on the target computer. For example, when using WinXP SP2 with the firewall enabled, the host looks just like beeing disconnected. Probably in future we shall also add ping command to get more informative message, but the result is nearly the same: installation via administration share is impossible, we can only use network agent's transport to upload the distributive to the target host.

Please let us know the result of the deployment process.

Thank you,

Andrew Lashchenkov

I created a global task.

AHA! Now we are getting somewhere. I specified the target computers manually by IP address. Actually, for testing purposes I have a task with only one target computer.

After reading your message, I created another task but selected the target computer (the same computer) via Microsoft network. Now the task started to run. The history shows:

Scheduled 9.11.2005 11:07:20

9.11.2005 11:07:22 The computer seems to be disconnected from the network

9.11.2005 11:07:22 Starting network agent's task on the destination host to download the package...

9.11.2005 11:08:01 Waiting for files...

9.11.2005 11:09:15 Setup started.

As you see, not a mention of agent not being installed. Interestingly, after 32 minutes the last message is still 'setup started', but that's another problem, if at all.

Also the 'computer seems to be disconnected from the network' message seems erroneus, I can ping the computer and as you can see the agent was even able to download files there successfully.

The problem is that not all the subnets where I need to deploy KAV are browseable via the Microsoft network, so I need to figure out some other way to deploy KAV there. But actually I think I already figured this out (from another thread on this forum).

I can still do that, if you're interested. But now I need to find some other victim computer :)

Hello again!

Just check any problem host's properties in the AdminKit console and check wich IP address is it there (I mean "IP address", not "connection IP"). I guess it doesn't exist or is not identical to the ip address you defined in the deployment task. Please let us know the result.

You're right, the IP column of these hosts is blank.

Now let me explain the situation with the message "computer seems to be disconnected from the network". At that step we check the possibility of writing the distributive files to the administration share and starting the installation service on the target computer. For example, when using WinXP SP2 with the firewall enabled, the host looks just like beeing disconnected.

OK, I understand now.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.