mary7

Webcam Access Blocked Message for Device Census

I installed yesterday Kaspersky Internet security Kis2018 on my husband's laptop and today I see the same message Webcam Access Blocked  "Windows\System32\DeviceCensus.exe" .  The laptop is a 64bit Windows 10 1703 15063.632

Edited by mary7

I installed yesterday Kaspersky Internet security Kis2018 on my husband's laptop and today I see on Report  when I start the pc the message Webcam Access Blocked  "Windows\System32\DeviceCensus.exe" .  The laptop is a 64bit Windows 10 1703 15063.632 I see that KTS2018 gives the same problem (there is a topic on the forum Kaspersky Total Security)

is normal?

Hi,

DeviceCnesus.exe is safe it is part of WIndows 10.

Take a look in your taskmanager and check this proces for load. 

Also will be helpful GSI . CLick on GSI run it and post link here. 

I search on Microsoft Answers and found this:

Windows 10 contains a Telemetry service that reports back to Microsoft on hardware usage/errors etc.

Device Census is part of that Telemetry Framework and the process is only gathering data on your usage of the webcam

If you want restrict this access to your webcam, go to Settings -  Privacy  - Camera and uncheck the option 'Let apps use my camera hardware' 

Or to specifically restrict this process scroll down the "Choose  apps that can use my camera' list and uncheck "Feedback' hub', this will limit the data being sent back to MS Community and should free up your Webcam . . .

I uncheck the option 'Let apps use my camera hardware'  so now I think that the message of Kis2018 will disappear

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.