prattner

How do you change your language in My Kaspersky?

7 posts in this topic

When I signed up for Kaspersky, I was invited to create a My Kaspersky account. At sign up, I was asked to choose what country I am in. There's a warning: If you enter a country different from the one your credit card is in, it may be impossible to pay for things in the Kaspersky store. And you won't be able to change your country without the help of customer service. I am an American living in Vietnam, so I entered Vietnam.

I never imagined I wouldn't be able to switch the language to English. And, sure enough, I can't change the country.

So now My Kaspersky is in Vietnamese, and I can't read it very well.

The local vendor in Vietnam insists they cannot help, got tired of talking to me, and closed the support ticket. Is there anyone I can talk to at Kaspersky capable of changing the home country? Or should I just study Vietnamese harder?

Better yet, Kaspersky should allow users in My Kaspersky to simply select their language. Language selection is available until the user logs in, then the language is switched to the country associated with the account. I've seen tons of people complaining about it on the net, and since the functionality is already built into the website, the change would be trivial to implement.

I did that. The support ticket was handled by the Vietnamese vendor. Here's the amazing conversation I had with them, after which they stopped talking to me and closed the support ticket without solving the problem.

Dear Paulrattner,

He / she needs to support problem, he / she tell the details

Paul Rattner <paulrattner@gmail.com>

9:50 AM (7 hours ago)

to Hỗ

I just need the default language to My Kaspersky switched to English. It is currently in Vietnamese.

Hỗ trợ Kaspersky via freshdesk.com

10:44 AM (7 hours ago)

to me

Dear Paulrattner,

Kaspersky unfortunately can not be translated in English, as Kaspersky identify the computer's ip according to the host country.

10:50 AM (6 hours ago)

to Hỗ

So if I visit Russia tomorrow, My Kaspersky will be in Russian? I do not think I can learn Russian so quickly...

How about setting my home country to America? I am only visiting Vietnam for a short while. I cannot set the country myself, but you can.

11:33 AM (6 hours ago)

to me

Dear Paulrattner,

That its new policy Kaspersky, very sorry not to be able to support this case.

11:39 AM (6 hours ago)

to Hỗ

When I first signed up for the account, My Kaspersky asked me which country I was in. It said to be careful of my choice, because if I was in a different country than my bank account, then I couldn't buy things in the My Kaspersky store. And it said that I couldn't change the country without technical support's help.

I am asking you for the help that your website promised it would give, since there is no way to select a different language on my own. Try harder, ask around the office, and see if there's a way for you to change it.

1:03 PM (4 hours ago)

to me

Dear Paulrattner,

Sorry this case there is no way to change the language

2:14 PM (3 hours ago)

to Hỗ

I am sorry if I sound angry or irate to you, but it is just hard for me to believe your company expects people to work with your product in a foreign language. Especially since I choose "Vietnam" during installation instead of "America'. If I had chosen America, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and everything would work fine. And you could fix it by changing the home country on my account to America, but YOU REFUSE TO HELP!!!

I am going to forward this email to PC Magazine as an example of poor Kaspersky customer service. What else can I do?

I have the same problem. I can't figure out how to change the language to english. I even tried accessing the sites through my works UK branch to no avail.

Prattner - did you find a solution to changing the language?  

I have this software installed on a PC win8 and laptop win10 installed from the same CD purchase in Vietnam. Everything was in Vietnamese so I complained to the shop, and for the PC it was F12 he told me, and it functioned. However on the laptop win10 it is not functioning, and I am in the same boat as you, I do not understand or read Vietnamese. I hope you have solved the problem and will shared with us/me.

Did you check this : https://support.kaspersky.com/us/4523

Also, with my serial keys i can activate downloaded  Dutch, French, English and Russian versions, i however never tried out a Vietnamese version.