Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed.Yousif

OS Deployment to Upgrade from windows 8 to 10 [In progress]

Hello,

I was wondering if I can use KSC OS deployment feature to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8 or from 8 to 10 , keeping all personal data and applications . If yes , please let me know the configuration.

Hello,

I was wondering if I can use KSC OS deployment feature to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8 or from 8 to 10 , keeping all personal data and applications . If yes , please let me know the configuration.

Hello.

Image deployment functionality in KSC is designated for clean installation using WinPE, which cannot be used for OS upgrades.

Thank you.

but as per the below article, I guess this feature supports the above-mentioned task.

https://press.kaspersky.com/products-for-bu...t_Eng_final.pdf

OS image deployment New! Client workstation image deployment can be done with either existing PXE servers or directly using Kaspersky Systems Management capabilities. The second variant is especially convenient in case of an OS upgrade, as it allows all user data to be saved. If the deployment is performed during non-working hours, the target workstation can be switched on in advance with Wake-On-LAN technology. 4 Migration to Windows 8 New! Kaspersky Systems Management supports Windows 8 and can standardize operating systems across the corporate network by easily migrating from the current version of Windows to Windows 8.

Edited by Mohamed Yousif

but as per the below article, I guess this feature supports the above-mentioned task.

https://press.kaspersky.com/products-for-bu...t_Eng_final.pdf

OS image deployment New! Client workstation image deployment can be done with either existing PXE servers or directly using Kaspersky Systems Management capabilities. The second variant is especially convenient in case of an OS upgrade, as it allows all user data to be saved. If the deployment is performed during non-working hours, the target workstation can be switched on in advance with Wake-On-LAN technology. 4 Migration to Windows 8 New! Kaspersky Systems Management supports Windows 8 and can standardize operating systems across the corporate network by easily migrating from the current version of Windows to Windows 8.

Unfortunately this description does not relate to Windows 10. No announcements regarding support of migration to Windows 10 has been announced since support of Windows 10 started (in patch d).

Thank you.

Is this possible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 8 using Kaspersky OS deployment ?

I have try this but it didn't success , it start a new installation of windows 8 and wipe all data

Could this be done even with using script ?

Is this possible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 8 using Kaspersky OS deployment ?

I have try this but it didn't success , it start a new installation of windows 8 and wipe all data

Could this be done even with using script ?

Hi,

Let us clarity this information.

Thank You!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.