Sign in to follow this  
AdHocVisitor

100% CPU use, no FF above 30 compatibility etc.

I carefully read most of the topics related with KIS 2015. Since July, it seems that Kaspersky Lab is aware about not working controls (idle scan, rootkit scan, gaming mode) and excessive CPU load caused by new version.

Similarly, both, 2014 and 2015 versions are not compatible with one of most popular browsers (firefox) in version above 30.

Users, while asking for help, are told that Kaspersky is aware of that and that the "Maintenance Release" will sort most of the problems. Few got advice that if they in a hurry, they CAN try a beta version of this Miantenance Release in the BETA version of RELEASE Candidate (by the way, simplest name for such would be: ALPHA version, wouldn't it?).

And, this is not once happening situation. situation is persisting at least since 2012 products, and is continuing with 2015 line.

Well, let's be honest: we are group of beta testers who paid to be allowed to use non functional, faulty, beta version of the so-called protection product (if the controls and basic compatibility is not working, I think that the question about the protection ability is well justified).

However, I must admit that I had enough. I just found that since some 6 or 7 years I am beta tester who is paying yearly subscription for 10 devices (2x5PC license) and I did not got what I paid for.

It is time to move elsewhere, I think, if Kaspersky Lab would not stop their activity of releasing pre-alpha products to test it on paid users.

Therefore I will wait patiently, keeping my KIS on two machines only just to be able to observe if such unacceptable situation would be stopped or if KIS' staff would continue to ignore basic good practice rules.

In all that, there is one bright spot: Kaspersky Lab is not alone on the market.

Similarly, both, 2014 and 2015 versions are not compatible with one of most popular browsers (firefox) in version above 30.

At the moment KAV/KIS 2014 supports Firefox up to version 31, KAV/KIS 2015 should mostly support all current Firefox versions (the exception is URL Advisor extension being compatible with Firefox only up to version 31).

Users, while asking for help, are told that Kaspersky is aware of that and that the "Maintenance Release" will sort most of the problems. Few got advice that if they in a hurry, they CAN try a beta version of this Miantenance Release in the BETA version of RELEASE Candidate (by the way, simplest name for such would be: ALPHA version, wouldn't it?).

Often "beta version" is simply used as a general term for an unreleased product version. In the forum we usually do not recommend to install such versions as they are for testing purposes only. Under certain circumstances, the support might suggest to try out unreleased fixes for encountered problems.

if the controls and basic compatibility is not working, I think that the question about the protection ability is well justified

The issues you have mentioned are mostly low-priority ones. Issues affecting the protection would have a higher priority.

And, this is not once happening situation. situation is persisting at least since 2012 products, and is continuing with 2015 line.

I think version 2015 works okay for most users. Unfortunately, some problems were detected after the release which which will be addressed in future patches and updates. MR1 should be available quite soon.

At the moment KAV/KIS 2014 supports Firefox up to version 31, KAV/KIS 2015 should mostly support all current Firefox versions (the exception is URL Advisor extension being compatible with Firefox only up to version 31).

Often "beta version" is simply used as a general term for an unreleased product version. In the forum we usually do not recommend to install such versions as they are for testing purposes only. Under certain circumstances, the support might suggest to try out unreleased fixes for encountered problems.

The issues you have mentioned are mostly low-priority ones. Issues affecting the protection would have a higher priority.

I think version 2015 works okay for most users. Unfortunately, some problems were detected after the release which which will be addressed in future patches and updates. MR1 should be available quite soon.

Sorry, I cannot agree:

1. I have no idea WHICH version is supported now, but I am certain that I will not downgrade browser. EACH time when FF is updated, KIS addon is disabled because of compatibility issue. It is likely, that KIS update in some times fixes such compatibility issue, however browser is usually two versions ahead. Even if not, sorry, I prefer to work, not to check compatibility daily if KIS is fixed, and even updated KIS is never turning addon on automatically. Therefore, its functionality on up to date browser is 0.0

2. Emm... I have to disagree. BETA version is when SOMETHING you shall test is not working, but you released it to public. For me, it happens ALWAYS with released product of KAspersky Lab., which, after being tested by PAID users, is fixed in betas, maintenance fixes and other prereleases.

3. Could I ask a simple question: Have you read what you wrote? 100% CPU use, lack of controls, what causes the PC unusable is LOW PRIORITY? sorry then, but using your philosophy, I would be most secure just switching my machine off. I paid for having PC working, while being secured, not to be secure and not able to work. Comparing it with car industry, lack of brakes release ability you would presumably call low priority, because stationary car cannot cause incidents, right? Furthermore, looking on the point 1 above (addons incompatibility) I have serious doubts about your statement. If something is turned off because of compatibility issues, for me, it odes not work, so I'd tent to suppose that turned off features are NOT protecting my machine, right? Finally, on this forum, ppl claiming high CPU use are getting advices to turn off some features of protection to be able to work on their machines (like idle scan, rootkit scan etc.). Same as for addons, I think that following such advices decreases the protection level, isn't it?

4. Mentioned SOME problems, are appearing on ALL (sorry, WERE appearing, uninstallation and installation of other software did the job) of my computers, which are of various configuration and models (one common: all are the laptops). True is, that SOME users reported it, while most just uninstalled test versions and went forward. Unfortunately, as I said before, I bought 10 licenses, but I will follow others as well

4. In this forum, I see that MR1 release should be available quite soon written since July. Now we have SEPTEMBER. Let me check...07, 08, 09. Three months, what is 25% of the year. Have you refunded single user with 25% of the product price for the period, in which something he paid is not working as it should? People are paying you for product which would keep them protected while they play or work, not for something what would allow them to use their machines only if they would drop down the protection level (for lower protection level they would rather choose FREE products of your competitors).

I am sure not, because... it is low priority issue for you.

As I mentioned before, I used the KIS since several years on multiple machines, and with each released version I had the feeling that it works worse and worse adding more and more to the resources consumption. 8 cores CPU 99% load, constant SSD grinding, constant HDD spinning and my PC is converted into household heating device.

Enough. I do not want any refunds, I do not want any: use beta, turn that protection component off, wait for compatible addon advices. I want product ready to be used. Obviously, you are unable to deliver it, so it is YOUR will. Ask your sales department how many others were/are/will follow my step of just using something else from the market.

and do not spend your precious resources on providing mentioned above "useful advices", but concentrate on provision working product. Your customers (me including) paid you for this.

1. I have no idea WHICH version is supported now, but I am certain that I will not downgrade browser. EACH time when FF is updated, KIS addon is disabled because of compatibility issue. It is likely, that KIS update in some times fixes such compatibility issue, however browser is usually two versions ahead. Even if not, sorry, I prefer to work, not to check compatibility daily if KIS is fixed, and even updated KIS is never turning addon on automatically. Therefore, its functionality on up to date browser is 0.0

Firefox add-ons needed to be adapted for every new major Firefox version. Because of this compatibility could break after installing a new Firefox version. In version 2015 the Firefox extensions were reworked. So this problem should be mostly gone now, with further improvements coming in MR1.

Usually, Firefox should re-enable incompatible add-ons if they become compatible again after an update (provided they were enabled before). KIS 2015 tries to automatically enable add-ons if possible.

100% CPU use, lack of controls, what causes the PC unusable is LOW PRIORITY? sorry then, but using your philosophy, I would be most secure just switching my machine off. I paid for having PC working, while being secured, not to be secure and not able to work. Comparing it with car industry, lack of brakes release ability you would presumably call low priority, because stationary car cannot cause incidents, right?

No, if your computer becomes unusable it is not a low-priority issue. We could try to investigate it if you want, or you could ask support about it. However, add-ons being not fully compatible is not a very important issue. The add-ons mostly provide easier access to product features. The actual protection is provided by the product itself.

Have you refunded single user with 25% of the product price for the period, in which something he paid is not working as it should?

It is possible that users get a refund if problems cannot be solved. For this, contact support or the place where the product was purchased. Since I am not a Kaspersky employee myself, I don't know about the details.

We do fully cover all period that was affected by a bug.

Problems with 100% CPU usage and overall performance sluggishness are rare. This is not low-priority as has already been mentioned and should be addressed quickly. Please post incident numbers if you have already contacted Tech Support.

JanRei has covered almost every your point. Please correct me if he has missed something so I could give some clarification on the problem.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.