Sign in to follow this  
Hawkslayer

I'm having a very similar problem [split]

I received an email about upgrading my KIS 2013 to KIS 2014. I downloaded the 250+ mb file and opened it up for installation. However, keeps saying I need to restart my computer and the installation will automatically start. I've restarted my computer 5 times and each time when it boots up a box pops up to install KIS 2014 and I click that and it starts going through the installation for about 3 minutes, then it pops up the box saying I need to restart my computer again.

Is there a better way to do this?

I'm having a very similar problem, I am using Windows XP and had a fully working 2013 KAV on my system. I then received the email and tried installing 2014 KAV over 2013 KAV, it went through the full installation process and then reported that it had failed and was going to remove itself from the computer. After doing that it told me to reboot, when I did reboot it was to find that my working version of 2013 KAV no longer worked either. So I went though the installation procedure again and this achieved exactly the same result.

So I am left without a operational KAV on my system and I need some help here.

Hawkslayer...

Edited by Hawkslayer

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

I am new on this site and I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by sixth important topic. I've looked at the top of the foum and don't see anything resembling that. Can you please direct me?

I am new on this site and I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by sixth important topic. I've looked at the top of the foum and don't see anything resembling that. Can you please direct me?

Okay an update I downloaded GSI and ran it on my system, but when I right click on the message, I don't get an option to post the results into the message. Sorry to be such a pain in the butt. I've clicked on all the insert buttons, but nothing lets me paste into a message.

Okay an update I downloaded GSI and ran it on my system, but when I right click on the message, I don't get an option to post the results into the message. Sorry to be such a pain in the butt. I've clicked on all the insert buttons, but nothing lets me paste into a message.

Okay I finally sorted it out, here is the link. Thanks for all the help.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...bbab63bf251d663

Hello you have leftovers from 2012 and 2013 Kaspersky products on your system. To remedy this I would advise you to try running the removal tool in windows safe mode.

first select 2012 from the product list. let the removal tool do its thing and reboot again into safe mode. run the tool again for the 2013 version. restart again and run it for the 2014 version.

Then restart a final time and it should install correctly after all the clearing up.

http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

Edited by Don Pelotas
Removed the last step...which is not a good idea except as a last resort

Hello you have leftovers from 2012 and 2013 Kaspersky products on your system. To remedy this I would advise you to try running the removal tool in windows safe mode.

first select 2012 from the product list. let the removal tool do its thing and reboot again into safe mode. run the tool again for the 2013 version. restart again and run it for the 2014 version.

Then restart a final time and it should install correctly after all the clearing up.

http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

I carried out your instructions fully and now have a fully working KAV 2013 scanning my system while I post this message. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I have to ask you another question: Bearing in mind that I had major problems when I tried installing the 2014 upgrade that was suggested in the email, do you think I should try to install it again, or just forget about it? I will do nothing until you have replied to the question. Thanks again for the help.

Hawkslayer...

I carried out your instructions fully and now have a fully working KAV 2013 scanning my system while I post this message. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I have to ask you another question: Bearing in mind that I had major problems when I tried installing the 2014 upgrade that was suggested in the email, do you think I should try to install it again, or just forget about it? I will do nothing until you have replied to the question. Thanks again for the help.

Hawkslayer...

You issue most likely was the bad decision to install over the previous version..............although it's possible, it's as you can see not always a success. I would try it if you uninstall 2013 completely and reboot before installing 2014.......on the other hand, XP will not receive any security updates after april so i assume you will upgrade to a newer system this year? If yes then you can safely wait and upgrade to 2014 at that time. :)