sflint@commercehub.com

Not scanned for a long time status [Solved] [MR1] [pf96]

Is anyone else have the error with new KSC and KES where clients are showing up as being in a critical state due to not being scanned for a long time? I even tried to disable this setting in the policy, but it still hasn't impacted the clients showing as critical.

As a test, I ran a scan on one of the computers exhibiting the behavior. Even after the scan, this error still shows. I think it has to do with KSC 10 rather than the new KES agent, since it is happening on computers that haven't had KES upgraded yet.

Anyone else seeing this? Seem to be more bugs than anticipated. I'm also not able to go into computer management and start the services anymore, a lot of installs are showing as failed and then appearing as successful, and users are being prompted to interact with the setup on reboot (which wasn't the case before). Will probably be evaluating other products sometime soon, as we've only had this for about 6 months and it's been a management nightmare for us.

Is anyone else have the error with new KSC and KES where clients are showing up as being in a critical state due to not being scanned for a long time? I even tried to disable this setting in the policy, but it still hasn't impacted the clients showing as critical.

As a test, I ran a scan on one of the computers exhibiting the behavior. Even after the scan, this error still shows. I think it has to do with KSC 10 rather than the new KES agent, since it is happening on computers that haven't had KES upgraded yet.

Anyone else seeing this? Seem to be more bugs than anticipated. I'm also not able to go into computer management and start the services anymore, a lot of installs are showing as failed and then appearing as successful, and users are being prompted to interact with the setup on reboot (which wasn't the case before). Will probably be evaluating other products sometime soon, as we've only had this for about 6 months and it's been a management nightmare for us.

I've noticed almost all my machines showing 'not scanned for a long time' as well, despite task logs for automatic and even in some cases on-demand scans showing successful runs. I know it's a big bit of software, but come on, Kaspersky. Don't make us trade one set of bugs for another.

Nah, we haven't had the 'pleasure' of seeing this bug yet.

But this bug was present in early versions of Administration Kit and KSC.

For now, you can try force synchronization and then see what happens! *Fingers Crossed*

Nah, we haven't had the 'pleasure' of seeing this bug yet.

But this bug was present in early versions of Administration Kit and KSC.

For now, you can try force synchronization and then see what happens! *Fingers Crossed*

Unfortunately the Force Sync doesn't do anything. It's really irritating because it makes it difficult to visually go in and see what computers are legitimately having issues. I'm tired of putting work arounds in place...it seems like the answer for everything is to do a temporary work around and then they never follow up with a fix for the actual issue.

Have you tried to set a scan task with settings like the ones in this article? http://support.kaspersky.com/5305 I know that it's for KAV6 and AK8, but worked also for early versions of KSC9 and KES8, so I think it's worth giving it a shot.

Please, can you tell me if you came from a migration from KES8 or if you have installed KES10 on brand new workstations?

Thanks and hope the article helps.

Have you tried to set a scan task with settings like the ones in this article? http://support.kaspersky.com/5305 I know that it's for KAV6 and AK8, but worked also for early versions of KSC9 and KES8, so I think it's worth giving it a shot.

Please, can you tell me if you came from a migration from KES8 or if you have installed KES10 on brand new workstations?

Thanks and hope the article helps.

In my case, they were mostly migrations, but a few clean installs are showing the same behavior, as well. The objects to scan are exactly as described in the article, and before the 'upgrade' to KES10/KSC10 converted the task, it worked fine on KES8.

Hi Will,

have you also tried to create a brand new task with that scope?

I have, yes; both an automatic one and a manual run one, even one under 'tasks for specific computers'. The tasks complete fine, users complain of sluggishness while they're scanning etc, they simply don't update the status afterward.

I'm seeing the same behavior with my test group as well. Both converted scan tasks and new scan tasks never mark the computer as scanned.

I'm seeing the same behavior with my test group as well. Both converted scan tasks and new scan tasks never mark the computer as scanned.

Can I add that this is what I am seeing as well!

There was similar bug in KES8 in last year, when variable %systemroot% was not recognized by scan task (was later fixed by KES8 CF1)

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1791641

Please try scan task on test machine, add to the scan scope c:\windows (with subfolders) and see if it helps to the status change in ksc

Tried this and it still isn't being marked as scanned.

We have the same issue too!!

anyone raised this to Kaspersky?? any tickets opened?

Solved for me by running the built-in Full Scan Task manually on each computer and one by one.

Right click a computer name --> properties --> tasks --> Full scan --> start.

We've seen this behavior across many of our clients when upgrading. We submitted an escalated case and are currently awaiting a reply. As mentioned in the previous post, running the built-in scan (as if it wasn't under a group policy) does fix the issue. The problem with that solution is that 1 week later the issue will arise again (assuming your warning is at 7 days).

We've spent at least 8 hours with support and uploaded over 20gb of data for them to look at. I'm sure it's a documented issue at this point.

Our team received an email from Kaspersky this morning stating in part: "This has been recognized by our development team as a bug..."

Upper level support has requested that we do additional testing.

Until Kaspersky releases a fix for this you should be able to remedy the problem by following the below steps:

1. Locate the scan task and go to properties>properties>Objects to scan>Settings.

2. Make sure the following items are in the scan scope and if they are not make sure to add them:

System memory

Startup objects

Disk boot sectors

%windir%

%windir%\system

%windir%\system32

%windir%\system32\drivers

%windir%\SysWOW64 - under x64 OS versions only

%windir%\SysWOW64\drivers - under x64 OS versions only

(MAKE SURE the "including subfolders" checkbox is DISABLED-UNCHECKED for all of the above objects beginning with %windir%)

3. Run the scan task and verify that the problem has been fixed. Remember that in order for it to show in Security Center it must perform an "Info Update".

Let me know if this works for you!

Until Kaspersky releases a fix for this you should be able to remedy the problem by following the below steps:

1. Locate the scan task and go to properties>properties>Objects to scan>Settings.

2. Make sure the following items are in the scan scope and if they are not make sure to add them:

System memory

Startup objects

Disk boot sectors

%windir%

%windir%\system

%windir%\system32

(MAKE SURE the "including subfolders" checkbox is DISABLED-UNCHECKED for all of the above objects beginning with %windir%)

3. Run the scan task and verify that the problem has been fixed. Remember that in order for it to show in Security Center it must perform an "Info Update".

still the same .....any other suggestions?

System memory

Startup objects

Disk boot sectors

%windir%

%windir%\system

%windir%\system32

Already tried that with the same result.

All of the machines that we tested the above solution on came back with an "OK" status yesterday after the scan task and update.

Today when we checked the security center again, they are all back to "Not scanned in a long time".

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up, we'll be submitting traces and connector traces to upper level support today to see if we can find a solution that works. I'll post back when we get a reply.

All of the machines that we tested the above solution on came back with an "OK" status yesterday after the scan task and update.

Today when we checked the security center again, they are all back to "Not scanned in a long time".

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up, we'll be submitting traces and connector traces to upper level support today to see if we can find a solution that works. I'll post back when we get a reply.

please tell me ticket number

Already tried that with the same result.

I have this same issue. The only thing that seemed to satisfy the scan flag was to run a "Full Scan" from the Individual computer properties box, under "Tasks" in the Security Center. I tried setting the group task to mirror the "Full Scan", but it doesn't seem to satisfy the "Not scanned for a long time status".

I have this same issue. The only thing that seemed to satisfy the scan flag was to run a "Full Scan" from the Individual computer properties box, under "Tasks" in the Security Center. I tried setting the group task to mirror the "Full Scan", but it doesn't seem to satisfy the "Not scanned for a long time status".

Yep, me too.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.