Hi,

I would like to have the option of NOT having ALL my files scanned everytime there's an update. Is it possible? I assume that once I have active protection on, no virus will be able to reach me, as has been the case up to now.

Where and how do I set this, if there's a place specific for that.

Thanks.

Marcos Daniel

"I would like to have the option of not having all my files scanned everytime there's an update."

My thinking is that does not happen. Updates to not trigger full scans.

If you go to reports and watch the item "verified objects" at the bottom, you'll see the files keep increasing. I assume it's veryfing the PC 'cause the speed of some things reduce the performance. Am I wrong?

"I would like to have the option of not having all my files scanned everytime there's an update."

My thinking is that does not happen. Updates to not trigger full scans.

That scanned objects figure includes files scanned by realtime protection and web filtering etc. it doesn't mean that every time you run an update a full system scan takes place. all that is happening is that files are being scanned on access.

Edited by antikythera

Thanks for the reply.

Ok. But why does the PC gets slowed down after the update is applied? I have changed the updates to happen once a week, and exactly on that day it happens.

That scanned objects figure includes files scanned by realtime protection and web filtering etc. it doesn't mean that every time you run an update a full system scan takes place. all that is happening is that files are being scanned on access.

Because it is busy doing a weeks worth of updates at that time?

Please set update settings back to Default Automatic. Any better?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.