So i have been useing kaspersy for years and i always buy proper versions with proper licence key and my curent install has 52 days left. But today i was online tho not activly browsing and i sudenly got a message that my protection had been disabled and that my license was showing as invalid and that my comp was at that point wide open to attack or viruses. When i clicked the licence thing it took me to the license page were i could see the little blue pic was now red and it advised that the licence was invalid. It said something about clicking the button below that said something like "update licence with server" so i clicked that and after a few min my security turned back on and my livence was yet again showing it was valid and with the remaining 52 days.

So to the question's

Did this hapen to anyone else?

Was it some kind of attack on my system that did something to the license and disabled my security?

was it some kind of error on kasperskys side? If so its extreamly bad practise to compleatly disable someones protection

I hate random things happening to my pc that i did not do and it now puts me in the position of wondering is my PC now secure and why did my license sudenly go invalid and compleatly disable my security

Please update databases > reboot, then right click the red K tray icon and select About. What is the full version number, including the letters in parenthesis?

If this issue continues, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Hi thank you for responding the version number is 12.0.0.374 (i) the current version as far as i know.

Regarding the update database thats the odd thing it said it was uptodate

When it happend and i wish i had taken screen shots but it was as follows

Threats: none

Protection components: disabled (in red)

Databases: up to date

License: invalid (in red)

You're welcome. Please do another reboot, and if the issue happens again, please contact Tech Support and also post your GetSystemInfo report, instructions are located in the fifth Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

I just had this now. Updated the definition databases and it fixed itself. (They were only 2 hours old.)

Assuming this is a bad update that was released then since the others here are having this same issue starting today aswell.

Protection components and subscription say there is an issue, (the other 2 were green) Running update fixes it but then a few hours later it just happens again. Reinstalling diddnt stop it from happening a few hours later again either.

Edited by Zaskar

Assuming this is a bad update that was released then since the others here are having this same issue starting today aswell.

Protection components and subscription say there is an issue, (the other 2 were green) Running update fixes it but then a few hours later it just happens again. Reinstalling diddnt stop it from happening a few hours later again either.

I'm guessing it's on there end server side.

Hey all,

Today, while I am working with my machine, KIS suddenly displayed a message "Database is Corrupted" with a link saying "update now". I monitored the application window shows "Protection paused" also. So, I roll back the database, and updated it. Then the message disappeared, and protection got enabled, seems everything fine.

Here how my Update Log looks like

Update: completed 15 minutes ago, update size 1.1 MB, average speed 45KB/sec(78)

Rollback: Completed 16 minutes ago (24)

Update: Completed 39 minutes ago, update size 1.4 MB, average speed 31KB/sec(83)

So, am I really really OK by now? Please help!

I don't know if this is useful at all or if this is like this normally but every time I hit update in the log it seems it downloads a different size file. Since I'm hitting update consecutively I would of assumed it would be pulling down the same exact size file from the server each time.

Edited by Zaskar

This again happend to me last night after posting here but before any one else but richbuff had posted. So i went a head and did a compleat restore on my comp thinking it was some error or virus that had got on some how. But its evident that all that was pointless and a waste of time and lost data as i now see other users are having the same problem and this means its yet again another bug with a kaspersky update or there server.

This however raises the question was it another buged update to cause this or was it a server glitch. Ether way the question remains why was our security so easily disabled after all the license key file is suposedly protected? So how can this file become so easily corrupted / effected by a defenition update that by all rights is compleatly unrelaited to the key file?. Or if it was a server side glitch that caused this again i would concider this a massive flaw in the programs security because if the servers licence list did glitch it should not be able to send out a kill comand that compleatly disable's users protection.

A staff responce would be nice to explain why this happend.

Licening thing happened to me too. And KIS in both of my machines gave the error "Failed to launch the previous launch" or something. Had to give the license number of times because it didn't accept it. I am sure this is not because of a Virus, but because of a bad update, because my desktop PC really doesn't deal with the internet, except updating KIS.

Edited by Don Pelotas

Just an update from my last post. This error just happend again so is not yet fixed.

Again some staff involvment would be nice as this is a blocker issue

Again some staff involvment would be nice as this is a blocker issue

Quoting richbuff's post, emphasis mine:

You're welcome. Please do another reboot, and if the issue happens again, please contact Tech Supportand also post your GetSystemInfo report, instructions are located in the fifth Important topic.

Here is a link to contact tech support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/helpdesk

Edited by Baz^^

It hasn't even been a full 24 hours since your request to support. Please be patient.

It hasn't even been a full 24 hours since your request to support. Please be patient.

With respect when security that you are supost to trust disables its self due to something they have done on there end i expect it to be delt with quickly as as you are probly aware this issues is not just mine many have this issue and i would bet the entire user base is effected by this. If this was some buged file that did not effect the working of the program i would be patient but this bug is not harmless it compleatly disables protection leaving your computer unprotected.

With respect when security that you are supost to trust disables its self due to something they have done on there end i expect it to be delt with quickly as as you are probly aware this issues is not just mine many have this issue and i would bet the entire user base is effected by this. If this was some buged file that did not effect the working of the program i would be patient but this bug is not harmless it compleatly disables protection leaving your computer unprotected.

1. No, it's not the entire user base who is affected, if it was we would be flooded here.

2. Support handles the cases as they come in, they do not start of by reading all cases and then determine which is the most important and since all major vendors support arms are always overloaded.....unfortunately waiting is the norm.

3. If you want to do something yourself while waiting, then simply uninstall KIS/KAV completely, reboot and reinstall again, update it and reboot............chances are that it will fix it.

1. No, it's not the entire user base who is affected, if it was we would be flooded here.

Im sorry but you can not say that as fact becuase the facts are that many do not even know kaspersky have these forums and for your information inadition to those here 12 of my other friends have had this exact same problem.

3. If you want to do something yourself while waiting, then simply uninstall KIS/KAV completely, reboot and reinstall again, update it and reboot............chances are that it will fix it.

As i have already said i have already compleatly restored my computer and reinstalled kaspersky fresh it worked fine till i updated it and them bam protection disabled. So uninstalling and reinstallind will not work when the bug is in the updates or server side.

Im sorry but you can not say that as fact becuase the facts are that many do not even know kaspersky have these forums and for your information inadition to those here 12 of my other friends have had this exact same problem.

Yes, i can.... every time there is a problem with an update the forum is flooded so it is in fact easy to see if there's a major issue. Remember we have 328858 registered forum members which is a rather large base and they would not hesitate to post here immediately.

Yes, i can.... every time there is a problem with an update the forum is flooded so it is in fact easy to see if there's a major issue. Remember we have 328858 registered forum members which is a rather large base and they would not hesitate to post here immediately.

Well i would disagree. there are already 2 topic on this forum regarding this problem plus the 12 freinds that ( do not even know these forums existed) this indicates that is a wider problem than just one user and with a large part if the world still in bed or at work yet to experiance this. Im sure when they get up or in and they are hit with the problem the ones that know of the forum will post. That is asuming suport dont fix it by that time or fix it and sweep it under the carpet.

Bottom line- the only way to fix these errors is to submit tickets to tech support and wait for them to collate the information enabling them to fix the problem if one exists. This does not look like a forum resolvable issue, and in the russian forum we have exactly the same advice from Kaspersky employees as richbuff, don and I have given here.

Edited by Baz^^

Well i would disagree. there are already 2 topic on this forum regarding this problem plus the 12 freinds that ( do not even know these forums existed) this indicates that is a wider problem than just one user and with a large part if the world still in bed or at work yet to experiance this. Im sure when they get up or in and they are hit with the problem the ones that know of the forum will post. That is asuming suport dont fix it by that time or fix it and sweep it under the carpet.

328858 whole lot more than 12 friends...............amazing you have 12 friends using Kaspersky seeing this btw and i do not see it. There is so far one thread with with 20 post and 4 users seeing this where of you are responsible for 8 of those. i'm, not suggesting you don't have this problem, only that if all saw this then the forum would be flooded with thread running up to several pages in just an hour or two.....that has always happened when this was seen and i would be joining in on the thread, but i do not see it on my pc's. So very alarming and of course annoying to you and those seeing it and we have to see if support can help you out fast.

As Baz already mentioned, it's not forum resolvable.

328858 whole lot more than 12 friends...............amazing you have 12 friends using Kaspersky seeing this btw and i do not see it. There is so far one thread with with 20 post and 4 users seeing this where of you are responsible for 8 of those. i'm, not suggesting you don't have this problem, only that if all saw this then the forum would be flooded with thread running up to several pages in just an hour or two.....that has always happened when this was seen and i would be joining in on the thread, but i do not see it on my pc's. So very alarming and of course annoying to you and those seeing it and we have to see if support can help you out fast.

As Baz already mentioned, it's not forum resolvable.

Did i say they came here? No i did not i said when i asked them since they are kaspersky users and they reported to me that they had this same issue or are you calling me a lier as it looks like you are and if you check your facts there is another thread with this same problem as for the other non english forums i cant say. So please check your facts befor you come here calling me a lier 2 times in a row

But since you failed to see the other thread here it is and this is relaited

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=235104

Edited by Eqinox187

Did i say they came here? No i did not i said when i asked them since they are kaspersky users and they reported to me that they had this same issue or are you calling me a lier as it looks like you are and if you check your facts there is another thread with this same problem as for the other non english forums i cant say. So please check your facts befor you come here calling me a lier 2 times in a row

But since you failed to see the other thread here it is and this is relaited

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=235104

I haven't called you a liar, you're affected and emotional and now blowing off steam at me who happens to have been here since day 1...well actually day 4 i think and have 6-7 years worth of expereince with these situations looking at them with a neutral eye, fine consider this a free one....................... bottom line as already mentioned, it's not forum resolvable.

Pure is doing it too:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=235061

Someone in that thread mentioned something interesting, said the only thing he changed since was install Google Chrome.

Earlier yesterday I had a computer lockup upon bootup that the system log showed to be Chrome (Using a dev version, occasional bug to be expected), soon after this started happening.

The rest of you having issues, by chance are you using Chrome?

Edited by Zaskar