East6500

Home Network Control Problems

I am having trouble with the Home Network Control in Kaspersky Pure R2. I cannot find my computers in the "search for computers" section, my local network is set as Trusted in the Kaspersky firewall settings and also tried disabling the windows firewall on both computers. I Made sure the Kaspersky administrator password was set the same on both computers. They are both Dell Laptops Connected via wireless to a Belkin router one is running Windows XP SP3 and the other running Windows 7 home. File sharing is setup and works flawlessly, Is it because of the different operating systems? I've been trying everything to get them to find each other. If I add the computers manually (by either IP or computer name) it will say "Connecting..." and then "Kaspersky PURE not installed".

I will soon have a 3rd Computer (desktop) tomorrow and that will also be running windows 7.

I never post much on forums, I know how search, search, and search but cannot find much on my problem. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Welcome.

and then "Kaspersky PURE not installed".
Which computers have Kaspersky PURE installed on them? Which computers do not have Kaspersky PURE installed on them?

Welcome. Which computers have Kaspersky PURE installed on them? Which computers do not have Kaspersky PURE installed on them?

I now have all 3 computers setup with Kaspersky PURE installed on them, none of them can find each other in home network control. I can file share between all of them and they all reply from a ping.

Dell Laptop #1 - Windows XP SP3

Dell Laptop #2 - Windows 7 Home

Custom Desktop - Windows 7 Professional

It's a longshot, but please check to see that your Network Adapters on all three PCs are up to date.

Hello,

Please check that port 12321 is opened for connection. Had you tried to connect PCs, for example by cable (LAN)? Is there any WPA/WPA2/WEP encryption in your wireless network?

Hello,

Please check that port 12321 is opened for connection. Had you tried to connect PCs, for example by cable (LAN)? Is there any WPA/WPA2/WEP encryption in your wireless network?

I'm having a similar issue.

1. GetSystemInfo reports no driver problems.

2. Opening port 12321 in the PURE firewall has no effect.

3. All computers were verified to have the same K-PURE password.

4. All computers are running Windows 7, 64-bit with UAC enabled, and multiple user accounts.

5. All computer network connections are configured as 'Home Network' in Windows.

6. All computers can see each other, share files, etc.

7. Manually entered computer names are given the status 'Kaspersky Not Installed' which is incorrect.

8. My networked is mixed wired-wireless. The wireless network is encrypted with WPA2.

So what's next?

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same one all of a sudden. I haven't changed anything on any of my computers, but when I tried to check the status today it showed that none of them had Kaspersky installed when they all do.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same one all of a sudden. I haven't changed anything on any of my computers, but when I tried to check the status today it showed that none of them had Kaspersky installed when they all do.

No solution yet and tech support has been useless. All they've done is offer their stock answers and ideas analogous random button pushing. I'm waiting for responses to two e-mails I sent per their instructions. It's been more than a week at this point. The apparent lack of knowledge of networks and their product really doesn't inspire confidence. I certainly won't be renewing my license if this keeps up.

No solution yet and tech support has been useless. All they've done is offer their stock answers and ideas analogous random button pushing. I'm waiting for responses to two e-mails I sent per their instructions. It's been more than a week at this point. The apparent lack of knowledge of networks and their product really doesn't inspire confidence. I certainly won't be renewing my license if this keeps up.

bump

I (at least) seem to have mine recognising the other computers on my network as having K-Pure installed.

Go to settings, follow prompts and select "allow each computer ... to update its own databases".

This kills the advantage of only downloading updates once though :(

On the up side, at least you are then able to manage their settings from one computer.

I (at least) seem to have mine recognising the other computers on my network as having K-Pure installed.

Go to settings, follow prompts and select "allow each computer ... to update its own databases".

This kills the advantage of only downloading updates once though :(

On the up side, at least you are then able to manage their settings from one computer.

I'm not real worried about the updates, its the management and parental controls I'm interested in. Did you have to do anything special for your computers to recognize that PURE is installed on other computers?

P.S. Kaspersky tech support on this issue has sucked! No help worth spit has been given. There have been no replies to further inquiries on my support ticket.

I'm not real worried about the updates, its the management and parental controls I'm interested in. Did you have to do anything special for your computers to recognize that PURE is installed on other computers?

P.S. Kaspersky tech support on this issue has sucked! No help worth spit has been given. There have been no replies to further inquiries on my support ticket.

I used the same .cfg file on all computers. (saved to network location).

Parental controls not an issue for me (kid is too young for compter)

Overall management can be done from any/all computers.

To go over what you already know (and the limit of my experience):

Go to Home Network

Click settings

ensure K-Pure admin p/w is same on all comps

Hit NEXT

Delete all comps from network

Check fire wall in K-Pure is local/trusted on all computers.

search again for comps, or add manually BY IP ADDRESS (ie 192.168.1.2 etc)

Hopefully they will all come up.....

hit NEXT

select "allow each to update

hit FINISH

Restart K-Pure, or comps and hopefully they will now recognise as K-Pure controlled.

Hope this helps,

Diddler

I used the same .cfg file on all computers. (saved to network location).

Parental controls not an issue for me (kid is too young for compter)

Overall management can be done from any/all computers.

To go over what you already know (and the limit of my experience):

Go to Home Network

Click settings

ensure K-Pure admin p/w is same on all comps

Hit NEXT

Delete all comps from network

Check fire wall in K-Pure is local/trusted on all computers.

search again for comps, or add manually BY IP ADDRESS (ie 192.168.1.2 etc)

Hopefully they will all come up.....

hit NEXT

select "allow each to update

hit FINISH

Restart K-Pure, or comps and hopefully they will now recognise as K-Pure controlled.

Hope this helps,

Diddler

I appreciate the attempt to help, but those are the instructions that so called "tech support" gave me, and they simply don't work. I did try it again though just to be sure though. I've never had so much trouble with a product like this, and I've never been so underwhelmed a company's tech support. I want to like the product, but the situation is ridiculous. A simple search shows I'm not the only person with this issue on this forum (page 2 of Google).

It's most likely some kind of interaction with my router, but who knows. I did notice that Winodws Firewall was turned on for public networks on one computer but the results are the same. The only other thing I can think of is Windows Home Group is turned on, and I have a Workgroup name set. Seems like a long shot though.

I appreciate the attempt to help, but those are the instructions that so called "tech support" gave me, and they simply don't work. I did try it again though just to be sure though. I've never had so much trouble with a product like this, and I've never been so underwhelmed a company's tech support. I want to like the product, but the situation is ridiculous. A simple search shows I'm not the only person with this issue on this forum (page 2 of Google).

It's most likely some kind of interaction with my router, but who knows. I did notice that Winodws Firewall was turned on for public networks on one computer but the results are the same. The only other thing I can think of is Windows Home Group is turned on, and I have a Workgroup name set. Seems like a long shot though.

G'day foxblade,

Yes, all I can do is attempt to help. Sometimes it is good to have a sounding board to bounce ideas off, and I know that has helped me in the past.

I am running W7 32 bit on all 3 computers.

I too have a mixed wireless/wired network.

I am also running a homegroup.

My router is an ASUS RT-N12 with Tomato firmware.

All comps have static addresses, wifi network only accepts connections to authorised mac addresses.

Do you have your computers set up on the router with static IP addresses?

Do your computers respond to ping requests?

Could it be that there is an issue with the user accounts? if they are all set as administrator, does this reslove the issue?

I am concerned about the (lack of) support you are receiving. I would have thought that as multiple users are having the same/similar issue that techs woud be investigating this. This being said, I am happy with Kaspersky's product. Another global supplier of firewall/AV annoyed me 3 yrs ago when they reminded me to buy a new subscription twice a day when my subscription was valid for another 6months! As a result I swapped to Kaspersky.

It is a difficult choice to make to swap AV software, particularly having invested time and money in setting it up. However, multiple licence stuff can be readily bought on E-pay for a fraction of the store prices. I don't know whether others offer similar levels of control, and it is disappointing that K-Pure isn't delivering on their promises (actual and implied).

I hope that the techs solve this issue.

All the best,

Diddler

G'day foxblade,

I am running W7 32 bit on all 3 computers.

I too have a mixed wireless/wired network.

I am also running a homegroup.

My router is an ASUS RT-N12 with Tomato firmware.

All comps have static addresses, wifi network only accepts connections to authorised mac addresses.

Do you have your computers set up on the router with static IP addresses?

Do your computers respond to ping requests?

Could it be that there is an issue with the user accounts? if they are all set as administrator, does this reslove the issue?

The only differences in my setup and yours that I see are that 1) I'm running W7 64-bit, mixed pro & premium, 2) not all accounts are administrators, and router is a D-link w/stock firmware without MAC address filtering. I am using DHCP, but the computers in question have reserved IP addresses. Making every account an administrator would be unsatisfactory.

And to be frank, I don't usually do this much work for a private company that isn't paying me. Switching back to my old AV/parental controls solution would be cheaper in terms of hours put in. Plus, Kaspersky's sloppiness and lack of concern have cost them my trust.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just upgraded my Kaspersky to Pure yesterday so far I have it on 4 computers. When I go to home network on my desktop it has 3 of the 4. When I am on my laptop the laptop is the only one that is in the network. I have tried all the suggestions I have seen here and have not gotten a reply form Tech support. My laptop will not run the full scan without over heating and shutting down I was hoping to be able to run it from another computer. This is the whole reason I went with the Pure.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just upgraded my Kaspersky to Pure yesterday so far I have it on 4 computers. When I go to home network on my desktop it has 3 of the 4. When I am on my laptop the laptop is the only one that is in the network. I have tried all the suggestions I have seen here and have not gotten a reply form Tech support. My laptop will not run the full scan without over heating and shutting down I was hoping to be able to run it from another computer. This is the whole reason I went with the Pure.

I think Kaspersky has given up and has no intention of supporting this feature. I'm switching back to my former 'solution' when I have time. I think PURE means 'purely unsupported' in this case. Wish I could help, but I think this is case of seriously flawed software that wasn't properly tested before being released. Most companies would have at least made another attempt to help me or at least have tried to contact me after all the negative things I have said (or maybe even had the audacity to delete this thread!), however Kaspersky has shown no interest in working with me or in following up on this issue in any way. I have nothing to gain expect some software that works as advertised, so I can't imagine why there hasn't been a proper response other than that they really have no intention of solving the problem. I can say that I will recommend to anyone I know that they don't use Kaspersky because of their unresponsiveness.

I think Kaspersky has given up and has no intention of supporting this feature. I'm switching back to my former 'solution' when I have time. I think PURE means 'purely unsupported' in this case. Wish I could help, but I think this is case of seriously flawed software that wasn't properly tested before being released. Most companies would have at least made another attempt to help me or at least have tried to contact me after all the negative things I have said (or maybe even had the audacity to delete this thread!), however Kaspersky has shown no interest in working with me or in following up on this issue in any way. I have nothing to gain expect some software that works as advertised, so I can't imagine why there hasn't been a proper response other than that they really have no intention of solving the problem. I can say that I will recommend to anyone I know that they don't use Kaspersky because of their unresponsiveness.

Foxblade, I understand your frustration when an app does not work as it should, and you cannot find any help either with support or the forum. (I have another issue where I have similar experience.) Topics like yours and mine, are creating a poor image of the vendor. I really hope somebody can take action to resolve this network issue.

I have now tried the Home Network Control section; I have 2 comps in my network, a win7 64b and a XP 32b. Both comps could view the other one, but I had messages like “Kaspersky PURE not installed”. I noticed: I had disallowed Remote control (CP, System) on both comps. After allowing remote control, I had to click Settings in PURE/HNC to start the wizard. After that, everything worked fine. I just tried to run Parental Control on the XP from the W7 comp, everything works fluently.

You have of course allowed remote control in the Windows System settings?

Hi, today I had to completly reinstall my Sony Vaio notebook. However I had to remove all the preinstalled software and install Kaspersky PURE to the "clean" OS. I was very disapointed when I have discovered the Home Control doesn't work. I have checked everything several times and couldn't find anything, although other computers were able to detect Kaspersky PURE on the the newly installed machine. The new machine was telling all other computers don't have Kaspersky PURE installed. I tried to reinstall PURE, to enable all ports etc. Nothing helped. Then I realized to check communication on port 12321. I was surpised that this port is accesible on all other computers, but on the new computer can be accessed just locally. I have checked all system services and discovered some rests of McAffee security package, that came preinstalled with OS image. Although I have uninstaled it successfully, the remaining firewall part was blocking some communication and the Kaspersky PURE installer wasn't able to detect it. I have downloaded the McAfee product cleaner, removed rests of the McAffee firewall and Kapsersky PURE Home Control started to work!

My recommendation: if everything looks ok (passwords, trusted network etc.), try to check if you are able to connect from other computer to the local port 12321 on the affected machine. If you can't ("telnet machnename 12321" will exit with error message), then look into the system for the incompatible software.

Hi all

I had the exact same problem when I installed Pure and my wireless connection went down.

However I noticed that I couldn't login using my ipod - which doesn't have Pure loaded onto it.

The problem appears to be that when Pure is installed it somehow blocks the password to the wireless router.

Login as administrator to the router and retype your wireless security password.

Everything is now working fine

If that doesn't work then I don't know what to suggest.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.