I'm trying to download a full version of Kaspersky(I bought a year license for the 5th year now, if not more)

Anyway, the download is VERY slow. I'm at 30 MBPS(cable) and all other downloads go very fast, but KIS 11.0.2.2.556en.exe is SOOO slow. It's like 50 kB/sec.

I also noticed the download speed of updates were pretty slow recently. Anyone alse having the same issues?

BTW, when I try to download an older version of KIS2011, the speed is much better...............

Yes, there are occasions when the KLab servers can be slow. Usually when there's a new build released or at around Christmas, when people get new computers. Some times it's like that. And it will always take longer if you watch it :)

Myself, I haven't noticed any recent slowdown, but saying that, my updates run the the background and I don't take much notice of them.

Yes, there are occasions when the KLab servers can be slow. Usually when there's a new build released or at around Christmas, when people get new computers. Some times it's like that. And it will always take longer if you watch it :)

Myself, I haven't noticed any recent slowdown, but saying that, my updates run the the background and I don't take much notice of them.

I've had the slow update speed problem for a while - if it genuinely "ran in the background" it would be ok but the update process takes 100% of the CPU load and makes the PC unusable. I've had the problem of KIS2010 taking over the CPU and slowing down the PC for hours on end. It doesn't like Outlook at all.

I de-installed/re-installed KIS 2010 on Friday and the CPU load went down to normal levels for a few hours. 2 days later it's back using CPU again and the update process (a ridiculously small file) took 2 hours to download. I've been running GSI for 5 hours and will post its address when it finally finishes!!

I've had the slow update speed problem for a while - if it genuinely "ran in the background" it would be ok but the update process takes 100% of the CPU load and makes the PC unusable. I've had the problem of KIS2010 taking over the CPU and slowing down the PC for hours on end. It doesn't like Outlook at all.

I de-installed/re-installed KIS 2010 on Friday and the CPU load went down to normal levels for a few hours. 2 days later it's back using CPU again and the update process (a ridiculously small file) took 2 hours to download. I've been running GSI for 5 hours and will post its address when it finally finishes!!

My GSI is http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...0a21908a789a948

We posted about the same so did not see the link.

From your GSI.

Update your ethernet adapter driver. See summary > updates tab of your GSI for information and links.

Clear your temp files. A good free app to handle this is Ccleaner.

You are running an old outdated version of 2010. Please clean upgrade to version 11.0.2.556. http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812

Also, your GSI had a big red warning for being altered. After doing the above, if still having, please post an unaltered GSI.

We posted about the same so did not see the link.

From your GSI.

Update your ethernet adapter driver. See summary > updates tab of your GSI for information and links.

Clear your temp files. A good free app to handle this is Ccleaner.

You are running an old outdated version of 2010. Please clean upgrade to version 11.0.2.556. http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812

Also, your GSI had a big red warning for being altered. After doing the above, if still having, please post an unaltered GSI.

OK no prob about the simultaneous posts.

I will have a look tomorrow at the things you've suggested - my drivers were made consistent with Asus' latest updates quite recently and I've given up on driver download sites as I've found I end up wasting time trying to find downloads that don't lead you down a rabbit hole to a subscription site of some form (when they should be freely available from the OEM of the hardware anyway).

Haven't run Ccleaner for a couple of months now so will get to that. A trial of Diskeeper kept the machine a lot less sluggish but some distressingly frequent IRQL crashes have given it a swift return to its previous level of fragmentation.

I will try and read the GSI to understand the advice (it asked me for a password earlier so gave up for the day - will have to register to read it I guess). I have no idea why it's flagged up as altered though!! Clearly not something I've consciously amended though the lengthy GSI run caused by the KIS update kicking in mid-session probably didn't help

The driver updates for your Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection are directly from hardware manufacturer site. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResu...work+Connection

Upgrade to current version is needed ASAP.

Update Ccleaner before running.

OK, a CCleaner was run, the Intel driver update was run, the KIS was updated.

KIS 2011 grabbed all the system resources and achieved 1% of its update after 1hr. I restarted and disabled updates.

The wireless controller is now up to date, but the LAN controller refuses to be updated from 6.x to 7.x. If you do it with setup.exe it comes up with an error. If you try a manual update it tells you the file is up to date and refuses to update. I uninstalled the LAN controller and let windows reinstall the driver after a reboot. It went back to 6.x and still refused to update to 7.x.

I'll put the GSI on when I can get the other computer to do anything meaningful (doing this from the netbook).

OK, a CCleaner was run, the Intel driver update was run, the KIS was updated.

KIS 2011 grabbed all the system resources and achieved 1% of its update after 1hr. I restarted and disabled updates.

The wireless controller is now up to date, but the LAN controller refuses to be updated from 6.x to 7.x. If you do it with setup.exe it comes up with an error. If you try a manual update it tells you the file is up to date and refuses to update. I uninstalled the LAN controller and let windows reinstall the driver after a reboot. It went back to 6.x and still refused to update to 7.x.

I'll put the GSI on when I can get the other computer to do anything meaningful (doing this from the netbook).

The LAN controller issue seems to be a bug with Intel's driver analysis tool. The driver it's suggesting is for windows 7 so my pc is correctly telling me I don't need an update.

The download server worked this morning so KIS2011 is now up to date. I've set KIS to update every 2 days at times I'm unlikely to be using the PC. I've also told it not to kick off with a scan for at least 60 mins. The PC seems to be happier if you fire it up and leave it running for 30mins before attempting to do anything useful with it. I've left it to defrag in the hope of perking up the performance.

My GSI for last night still came up as being altered/modified. I have no idea why this is so. Two other PCs on the network have had GSI's run without issues.

So here it is http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...23222b&ms=0

The LAN controller issue seems to be a bug with Intel's driver analysis tool. The driver it's suggesting is for windows 7 so my pc is correctly telling me I don't need an update.

The download server worked this morning so KIS2011 is now up to date. I've set KIS to update every 2 days at times I'm unlikely to be using the PC. I've also told it not to kick off with a scan for at least 60 mins. The PC seems to be happier if you fire it up and leave it running for 30mins before attempting to do anything useful with it. I've left it to defrag in the hope of perking up the performance.

My GSI for last night still came up as being altered/modified. I have no idea why this is so. Two other PCs on the network have had GSI's run without issues.

So here it is http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...23222b&ms=0

Any hints//tips on KIS settings tweaks that work for my machine would be appreciated too. I'm up for renewal at the end of the month so will be loooking at the market anyway, but am persevering with it for now.

I've managed to get a defrag (hung at 2% in normal mode), KIS update and KIS full scan done in Safe Mode without consuming excessive resources. While it was simultaneously copying 38GB of files over from my friend's NAS he lent me....

Wish I could get to the bottom of why it won't do it in normal mode

Well here is a link (for the sake of experiment) to my GSI I produced from Safe Mode.

Is this of any value to you guys? Unfortunately it still comes up as being altered...

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...6a5&force=1

Got it booting normally and running cool now (fragmentation seemed to be a major issue). It has still given me a BSOD IRQL_GT_ZERO error 3 times, so I took some online advice to roll back to the last known good configuration.

As yet it hasn't done one thing it was doing before - which was booting up, then (without warning) shutting down to an "off" state before it had finished loading all the startup drivers.

There seems to be no particular pattern to the BSODs - squeezebox server is running, a bit of idle browsing and Outlook running but not doing anything. The processor load is less than 50% as is the memory load. At least I can run the darn diagnostic tools now!

New GSI after restoring to last know good config - http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...040a9c218e7aa4d

another random BSOD after about 1.5hrs!

Another "last known good config" change.

Another GSI http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...0d79e7&ms=0

The possible incompatible software is Symantec Norton removal tool. I've never put Norton on the machine consciously but a Norton scan is buried in the installation of DivX, along with AskJeeves toolbar etc. The removal tool wouldn't work when the system was clogged before and can't support MS installers in safe mode. I got it to run this morning. Didn't make much difference so far.

The unknowns are Squeezebox server, BT agile is a BT version of Skype. I'm not sure what the appdata is all about?

Edited by properjob70

Maybe one more thing you can try while waiting for support: you have tons of HP software installed. Sometimes this can and will cause problems, so try removing everything from HP you don't actually use.

Maybe one more thing you can try while waiting for support: you have tons of HP software installed. Sometimes this can and will cause problems, so try removing everything from HP you don't actually use.

Yes it's the full control suite for the wireless HP printer/scanner/copier in our home office. Not quite sure what bits to delete but could look into it.

Yes it's the full control suite for the wireless HP printer/scanner/copier in our home office. Not quite sure what bits to delete but could look into it.

If you don't use hp bloatware apps to scan/print then you can install only drivers and remove all that bloatware. I always install only drivers and none of those bloatware apps that come bundled with device.

You have thousands of errors in your Event Log for the Apple Bonjour Service.

Is updating faster in Safe Mode with Networking?

Yes I saw those - as I'm not using Apple at the moment (had an Ipod but it got nicked) I've now reset the Bonjour service to manual. This seemed to be the best setting for it anyway having had a google at some bonjour results.

Updating isn't any faster in safe mode but if you're suffering the resource grabbing problem it's about the only way you can get it to update. Or scan. Or indeed defrag to get it to perform better in the first place in my case!! Now my system's been cleaned up it doesn't make any difference but at least in safe mode you know what services have started and KIS has exclusive access to the network connection.

Edited by properjob70

OK, the system is running quite a bit better now, but is still suffering BSODs. (IRQL_GT_ZERO errors)

On analysis of the crash dumps with WinDbg this appears to be related to a clash between KLIF.sys and RIMdevmgr, report as follows:

* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a)

Returning to usermode from a system call at an IRQL > PASSIVE_LEVEL.

Arguments:

Arg1: 97c34e1c, Address of system function (system call routine)

Arg2: 00000002, Current IRQL

Arg3: 00000000, 0

Arg4: 00000000, 0

Debugging Details:

------------------

PROCESS_NAME: RIMDeviceManage

BUGCHECK_STR: RAISED_IRQL_FAULT

FAULTING_IP:

klif+2de1c

97c34e1c ?? ???

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 2

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 77885e74 to 82c91fcd

STACK_TEXT:

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:

klif+2de1c

97c34e1c ?? ???

SYMBOL_NAME: klif+2de1c

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: klif

IMAGE_NAME: klif.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ca58e03

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: RAISED_IRQL_FAULT_RIMDeviceManage_klif+2de1c

BUCKET_ID: RAISED_IRQL_FAULT_RIMDeviceManage_klif+2de1c

Followup: MachineOwner

---------

Any ideas? The BSODs are somewhat annoying and inconvenient

Bsod: Have you contacted Tech Support, as rudger indicated in post #18? Bsod is usually a Tech Support issue, they have the capability to analyze your full dumps.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.