Sign in to follow this  
kisusert4

Keylogger detection for Vista in KIS2009?

Will KIS2009 have keylogger detection for Vista? If not, can you recommend a good, free software that can work alongside with KIS2007/2009? (I use Super Anti-spyware as recommended by a moderator here but I don't think it has keylogger detection). Thank-you

Will KIS2009 have keylogger detection for Vista? If not, can you recommend a good, free software that can work alongside with KIS2007/2009? (I use Super Anti-spyware as recommended by a moderator here but I don't think it has keylogger detection). Thank-you

If you have any specific examples do post, because all programs have a deal breaker between getting certified for MS Logo vs. implementing crude work arounds on Windows Vista.

Edited by Whizard

Sjoeii: Are you saying yes to keylogger detection to KIS2009 on Vista or yes to Super-Antispyware. As far as I understand there is no keylogger detection protection for KIS2007 running on Vista Home Premium 32 bit version, and I don't see anything in Super Anti-spyware either (no keylogger features, menus in dialog windows or mentioned anywhere obvious in Super Anti-spyware)

Whizard: I don't understand your question.

KIS, with its various modules and, does not leave you defenseless against keyloggers in Vista. These other functions, such as signature based protection, enable KIS in Vista to not leave you defenseless against downloading and running this particular threat item.

What I am trying to say is that developers who want to get certified for MS Logo reached certain roadblocks implementing this feature. Thats why I asked you for particular keylogger examples.

Edited by Whizard

Whizard: I don't think I've ever had a real encounter with a keylogger so I can't give you an example of one. I don't even know if they are common, if they hide in the computer and sends out keystrokes over the internet when I'm on-line...I hate to think that there is one doing that on my computer...I just don't know...

You worry too much, relax KIS will protect you :)

:b_lol1: Yes relax :beer:

I also believe KIS2007 hasn't got any keylogger protection comparing to XP. Using simple trainers that are treated as keylogger as they capture certain key strokes on the computer with Windows XP where on Vista it's not detected at all. How will You explain that. Every time I used a trainer on XP it was seeing this action because trainer injects code into games executable, on Vista it is not detecting it.

Due to MS Logo requirements, developers of all applications not just Kaspersky are facing an issue implementing the features due to API not being avaiable from Microsoft.

I have used Zemana Anti-Logger ( Disable System Protection, since it sometimes conflicts with KIS 2009) and DefenseWall.

Both provide a shade better protection, but as stated by Lucian in another thread. They all can be bypassed by some malware.

But still they provide some better protection than plain-vanilla KIS 2009 ( as of now ).