After installing Kaspersky Internet Security, the Protection screen says subsystem malfunction and the anti-virus and anti-hacker are in red type.

I went to Start, programs, Kaspersky Internet Security, Repair - but that did not fix the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gary

After installing Kaspersky Internet Security, the Protection screen says subsystem malfunction and the anti-virus and anti-hacker are in red type.

I went to Start, programs, Kaspersky Internet Security, Repair - but that did not fix the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gary

383504[/snapback]

Sounds like all the components of KIS didn't install.

I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling KIS and see if that solves the problem.

If you don't already have this version KIS 6.0.2.621 download and install it.

Also make sure that you have removed your previous AV's files and reg. entries prior to reinstalling KIS.

This is just 1 idea, I'm sure someone else will reply to help you also. wink.gif

Edited by Littlem129

Appears to be a conflict with another firewall and/or another (formerly installed) anti-virus. Other anti-viruses: uninstall, run removal tool (in safe mode) and registry cleaner as needed. Formerly installed other antivirus: run the removal tool(in safe mode). Other firewalls: uninstall both KIS and other firewall, restart computer, re-install KIV first and then other. Search this forum for additional info.

....................if you have an earlier version of Kaspersky, then uninstall what you have and download the latest from my signature and install that. You can keep the activationdata during the uninstall of the old btw.

Which version of KIS are you running, did you make a clean uninstall of older versions KIS or other security programs !?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gary

383504[/snapback]

I had this happen oh so many times when I was beta testing Online Armor FW, some kind of conflict at the time (which has been fixed).

I discovered by closing Kav out in the tray and restarting (opening) the program solved the problem until the real problem was fixed.

I never had to remove the program. It sounds like it has a beef with another security software.

Try it! I hope it works for you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.