Sign in to follow this  
theshowmecanuck

stop telling me about password protected files

When this thing is doing a system scan it keeps coming up with really ~~Sniped~~ annoying pop ups telling me such and such a file is password protected. All I can do with it is close the dialogue box. So what is the freaking point? (Hey LOOK AT ME! now close me cause I just wanted YOU TO LOOK AT ME even though I don't allow you to do anything.) Tell me about it at the end of the scan if I can't do anything about it during the scan. It is really pissing me off it is so annoying. If there is a way to get it to stop this please someone, tell me.

Edit: Don't use the f-word.

Edited by Don Pelotas

When this thing is doing a system scan it keeps coming up with really annoying pop ups telling me such and such a file is password protected.  All I can do with it is close the dialogue box. So what is the freaking point? (Hey LOOK AT ME! now close me cause I just wanted YOU TO LOOK AT ME even though I don't allow you to do anything.)  Tell me about it at the end of the scan if I can't do anything about it during the scan.  It is really pissing me off it is so annoying.    If there is a way to get it to stop this please someone, tell me.

379699[/snapback]

Temper, Temper! The solution is simple. Set the scan and walk away. If you have anything to worry about it will be there when you get back biggrin.gif

Under settings-scan-my computer click "customize" then in general tab, look at "scan password-protected archives" and make the box clear.

In KIS 7.0: go to Settings-Appearance-Events Notification-Advanced-Password Protected Archives and uncheck Balloon and Sound. You can also adjust event notification for other events. I don't remember if/how KIS 6.0 did this Event Notification adjustment.

Or just "disable this notification" in the popup. But why the ~~sniped~~ does KIS insist on everything in .rar files being "password protected"? IMHO it would be enough to be notified in those rare cases when it's actually true.

No, it will only notify about those archives that are infact password protected, some app's have such files like Spybot/Ad-aware.

You will only get this popup if you specificly check the option or if you change the settings from recommended to maximum.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.