dale_bentley

BSOD KES 11(all versions) on Windows 10 HP Desktops

Posted (edited)

We have recently introduced 3 X new HP desktop workstations running Windows 10 (1809) - model HP EliteDesk G3. All 3 are running either KES 11.0.0.6499 or latest 11.1.0.15919.

All 3 HP desktops are now regularly experiencing BSODs, sometimes 1 a week/1 a day during Kaspersky scheduled update, or multiple times a day. BSOD occurred with errors on fwpxclnt.sys on every occasion.

We have been working with HP support to assist in resolving as we didn't initially believe Kaspersky was the cause as we run this version on other hardware such as Lenovo, etc with no issues. HP had us do a full software recovery, reinstall all application and the BSODs kept coming. From the minidumps and image diagnostics HP have ruled out any hardware fault with desktops and cannot find any obvious faults with drivers, etc. At this stage we plan to remove KES version 11 from these workstation and try downgrading to version 10 and will report back. If that fails we will troubleshoot further by running without KES at all.

I see others within the forum has posted similar BSOD issues with KES 11 however none appear to have followup resolution. Can anyone comment on similar issues to ours and if resolved and how?

Edited by dale_bentley

Hi,

Could you please provide full memory dump after bsod and also we need full GSI report with event logs. After KES deinstallation does the error appear again?

Thank you!

Konstantin,

We have captured minidumps only as this has been occurring too frequently and we need a quick turnaround on reboots - will this be sufficient? I will run a GSI report shortly and provide this as well.

Would you like both email through to you or just attached here? And we have not deinstalled KES as yet, we plan to tonight on those 3 HP desktop workstations.

Cheers,
Dale.

I am also facing same issues with HP systems with KES 11 version if  install KES 10 not facing any issue.

Minidumps is all we can provide at this stage. I am not sure how we can progress this as major fault with latest HP workstations and Kaspersky. 

Hi,

is there HP Velocity application installed on? If yes, try to remove it...

M

2 часа назад, dale_bentley сказал:

Minidumps is all we can provide at this stage. I am not sure how we can progress this as major fault with latest HP workstations and Kaspersky. 

Hello! How long has this problem appeared?

2 часа назад, Raghavendra сказал:

I am also facing same issues with HP systems with KES 11 version if  install KES 10 not facing any issue.

Please provide us with a full memory dump.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

BSOD here with Endpoint protection using Version 11.1.0.15919 Strong Encryption/Lite Encryption
Going back to 11.0.1.90 now to see if this still works.

Device is HP Elitebook X360 1030 G3 with i5 Processor and Windows 10 1809.

BSOD started today with the newest Kaspersky updates while installing at 69%.
When trying to install it again it asks for a reboot and the system crashes completely - Computer needs to get deployed again.

Edited by BeatYa

Posted (edited)
vor 32 Minuten schrieb BeatYa:

BSOD here with Endpoint protection using Version 11.1.0.15919 Strong Encryption/Lite Encryption
Going back to 11.0.1.90 now to see if this still works.

Device is HP Elitebook X360 1030 G3 with i5 Processor and Windows 10 1809.

BSOD started today with the newest Kaspersky updates while installing at 69%.
When trying to install it again it asks for a reboot and the system crashes completely - Computer needs to get deployed again.

Same with 11.0.1.90
Looks like it is related to the klnagent I will try installing 11.1.0.15919 with agent 10.5.1781 now .....

Edited by BeatYa

Guys this is total disaster! All our workstations went down. Kaspersky is totall disappointment. Support team provide some patch but without install instructions or anything. Now people told not to install kaspersky at all. Had to reinstall windows 10 .....

55 минут назад, BeatYa сказал:

Same with 11.0.1.90
Looks like it is related to the klnagent I will try installing 11.1.0.15919 with agent 10.5.1781 now .....

Hello!

Do you have installed HP Velocity on this machines?

Please attach a full memory dump to analyze.

Thank you!

48 минут назад, MegafonUser сказал:

Guys this is total disaster! All our workstations went down. Kaspersky is totall disappointment. Support team provide some patch but without install instructions or anything. Now people told not to install kaspersky at all. Had to reinstall windows 10 .....

Hello!

Do you have already created incident in your company account?

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Dimitry,

This issue has occurred since we deployed these 3 HP workstations 4 weeks ago and we have been working through the random BSOD issue with HP support believing it was a software/hardware issue with HP itself. HP support failed to find any issue with the hardware and the best they could analyse was a possible driver issue. The support case is still open with HP.

Yesterday all 3 workstations BSOD at the same time when the scheduled Kaspersky Update was run - writing minidumps only as this is a production site and requiring quick reboot to continue work (complete memory dump can take 15-30 mins). I have included one of these dumps even if not all that useful - however it does show what was loaded at the time.

We have now removed Kaspersky Endpoint Client version 11.1.0.15919 completely from 1 workstation and the other 2 we downgraded to version 10.3.0.6294. We will monitor all 3 and see if any further BSOD occur. It seems there is a major issue with version 11 and HP EliteDesk 800 G3 desktop workstations and Windows 10 (1809) 64bit OS - maybe Kaspersky has a relationship with HP and can lab test this hardware with their software as anyone deploying these will have same issue as us.

Please provide FTP location and we can send GSI file for your analysis - too large to attached here.

031319-4140-01.dmp

Edited by dale_bentley

Hi,

Thank you for that info!

Цитата

We will monitor all 3 and see if any further BSOD occur.

Please keep us updated. If you encounter a BSOD please provide us with GSI log and full memeory dump.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Raghavendra said:

What model of HP system are you running and does it have HP Velocity installed?

10 hours ago, mastropizza said:

Hi,

is there HP Velocity application installed on? If yes, try to remove it...

M

Yes HP Velocity was installed on all 3 HP workstations, we have removed this now. What has been your experience with that software and Kaspersky Endpoint Client?

7 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

You can use any file sharing resource to upload GSI and provide us with a link.

We are not subscribed to any file sharing service so would rather just FTP directly to Kaspersky. Surely there a FTP service for Kaspersky I could transfer this to or an email address, the file is just over 4mb.

Цитата

All 3 are running either KES 11.0.0.6499 or latest 11.1.0.15919.

All 3 HP desktops are now regularly experiencing BSODs, sometimes 1 a week/1 a day during Kaspersky scheduled update, or multiple times a day.

According to GSI log there were no dumps created and KES10SP2 is installed instead of KES11 or KES11.1

Please provide us with GSI log an full memory dump from the host, which encounter BSOD problem.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

According to GSI log there were no dumps created and KES10SP2 is installed instead of KES11 or KES11.1

As explained we immediately had to downgrade to KES10SP2 after last BSOD owith KES11 n those workstations. hence why GSI shows that version. We also have no full memory dump only minidumps when we had version 11 installed.

So far today no further BSOD for all 3 workstations however will report back after a few days to confirm it remains this way. If no more BSOD then the culprit is definitely KES version 11 on this HP workstations.

Edited by dale_bentley

2 hours ago, dale_bentley said:

As explained we immediately had to downgrade to KES10SP2 after last BSOD owith KES11 n those workstations. hence why GSI shows that version. We also have no full memory dump only minidumps when we had version 11 installed.

So far today no further BSOD for all 3 workstations however will report back after a few days to confirm it remains this way. If no more BSOD then the culprit is definitely KES version 11 on this HP workstations.

Hello.

Unfortunately, since the issue only occurs in KES 11, a system information from a host which has a different version and the issue does not reproduce, cannot be used for analysis.

However, there is a known issue with HP Velocity (which will likely be listed as the faulty driver in the memory dump). From KL perspective, the solution is to remove the faulty software.

Please address HP support is you require more information about the specifics of the fault.

Thank you.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Dmitry Parshutin:

Hello!

Do you have installed HP Velocity on this machines?

Please attach a full memory dump to analyze.

Thank you!

Hello!

Do you have already created incident in your company account?

Thank you!

HP Velocity is not installed on the mentioned machine.
Right now I reproduce the BSOD and create memory dumps and GSI stuff...

13 minutes ago, BeatYa said:

HP Velocity is not installed on the mentioned machine.
Right now I reproduce the BSOD and create memory dumps and GSI stuff...

In this case, this must be an entirely different error. fwpkclnt.sys is explicitly the HP driver. Please verify that the memory dump us not referring to it; otherwise, the driver must have been removed improperly.

When the new data is available, please attach it into the existing incident; alternatively, please close the incident to continue the case within this topic.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.