bckasman

Version 9.02 - Backup Freezes

Hello,

I installed the latest version of KPM and ran into a problem.  When I try to back-up the vault, the application goes to the backup page, then freezes.  I have to close that window, then quit KPM because the main window remains grey and is also unresponsive.  Everything appears to work as it should.  I tried uninstalling KPM, saving only the vault, but nothing changed.  Any idea why this is happening?

Hi Angeidragon.  Tahnks for your reply and information. Apparently it wasn't fixed in the newest version.  I've been working with support on the problem.  Everything else is working as it should.  I was thinking though, is a backup needed if the vault is on the Kaspersky servers?  I suppose it would be useful if one forgot their Master Password.   

10 hours ago, bckasman said:

Apparently it wasn't fixed in the newest version.

I can confirm that above comment  is correct ,  this issue has been fixed.
Please follow the suggestion from  ANGElDRAGON

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply, Berny,  I appreciate it.  I'm still waiting for a response from support (they're working on it).  Yesterday I did a complete reset of my system.  Everything seems to work as it should, including KTS and KPM, except the backup.  All I can do at this point is wait for support.  Perhaps I haven't received the fix.  Remember, I'm talking about the newest version (9.02).  Seemed odd that virtually everything is working except the back-up, but stranger things have happened.

Edited by bckasman

Just wanted to let you know that support was able to find the problem.  I t was a corrupted .dll fil in the KPM folder.  Support sent an undated file to replace the damaged file and it worked like  charm.  Downloaded new version to my wife's system and had same backup issue - replaced the file as I did on my system and worked perfectly.  Good job Support!

I am from Poland, I also have this problem. Polish support knows nothing about this file. Could someone send me this file

Thank you, there's no problem with making a copy. The pile helped.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.