Must have started to occur in the last 2 weeks, as I have never had this issue prior.

Important to note is that I have since downloaded that large windows update they recently released.

Also if I remember correctly the was some large KIS update, I got notified of. I just downloaded, and paid no mind to it as well.

Perhaps the combination of KIS, the new windows update, and GIT aren't happy.

In any case when you try to interact with a remote, such as clone or pulling you get the error displayed at the bottom of the page.

If you simply disable KIS it works fine!

I have literally not touched a single KIS setting in a long time, I just let it run in the background and usually pay it no mind.

Kaspersky Internet Security version 17.0.0.611 (I)
Windows 10 Pro Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134
Github desktop APP version 1.1.1

Error the github app gives you:
schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.

:huh: Excuse me but..What the acronym Git stand for.?  would help others

here to provide some answers : Most users create an exclusion on the

kaspersky Trusted applications, so KIS skip scan it or Upgrade your

antivirus to version - 18.0.0.405 may fix the malfunction. Also

Googling the error (0x80092012) Follow shown fixes

11 minutes ago, Indio said:

:huh: Excuse me but..What the acronym Git stand for.?  would help others

here to provide some answers : Most users create an exclusion on the

kaspersky Trusted applications, so KIS skip scan it or Upgrade your

antivirus to version - 18.0.0.405 may fix the malfunction. Also

Googling the error (0x80092012) Follow shown fixes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GitHub

What is the upgrade process to 18.0.0.405, every thing in KIS shows I'm up to date.

Most of the fixes for 0x80092012 involve removing security checks. 

In addition I have identified that disabling Kaspersky fixes the issues, so I have identified the issue is Kaspersky altering something not Git.

I've checked the trusted applications and it is already fully trusted, no blocks placed on it.

What further needs to be done to "add an exclusion".

Warfront1

Edited by warfront1

4 hours ago, warfront1 said:

What is the upgrade process to 18.0.0.405, every thing in KIS shows I'm up to date.

^_^ I don't get why kaspersky shows the antivirus is Up to Date, when you report to have

the ver. 17.0.0.611 - The process is simple Uninstall-Reinstall the program, here's the

Link : https://support.kaspersky.com/13293 : After finish the install do a manual update

2nd choice is report the problem to Klab Technical support to get help

Link : https://center.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create - Follow steps

Edited by Indio

15 hours ago, warfront1 said:

Also, 

1. import GitHubs and our Proxy's certificates to Git's keystore
Example: Git's certificate

keytool -import -trustcacerts -file "GitHubsCert.cer" -alias GitHub -keystore "...\Git\mingw64\ssl\certs\ca-bundle.crt"

Hi!

I had the same issue, I reinstalled Git many times, then figured out that Kaspersky who is causing the problem.

I found this topic, and saw that my version was also 17.0.0.611 like yours, and no update was available. So I removed Kaspersky, downloaded the installer from their website, and installed the REAL newest version (at the moment), 18.0.0.405

And now everything works fine, no more 0x80092012 error. Try doing this reinstall process.

!mre

Edited by !mre

Simple upgrade from v17 to 18.0.0.405 did not work for me. Had to add github.com to Encrypted connections scanning exclusions and then it worked.

There is a v2019 in the pipeline. Reach out to KL Support via my.kaspersky.com to request it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.