Hi all!

I want to install KIS on a computer running Windows XP x86 SP3 Pro. I have tried with KIS 2016 and it doesn't work. I still didn't try KIS 2017.

Thanks.

Rrgards,

DANIEL

In addition to what vBDKv said:

What type of CPU is used? There is a need that CPU supports the SSE2 instruction set. Unfortunately some oldfashioned CPU types do not support SSE2 but only SSE (for example the AMD AthlonXP CPU).

Edited by ErnstK

Thank you, guys!

This is my configuration: CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240, 2800 Mhz, 65W • MB: ASUS M2N68-AM Plus • GPU: GeForce 7025 (on-board) • RAM: Kingmax DDR2 2GB, PC2-8500, 1066 Mhz, 3W • HDD: Seagate 2TB Barracuda ST2000DM001, SATA3, 7200RPM, 64MB + Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blue, WD6400AAKS, SATA2, 7200RPM, 16MB • DVD-RW: LG GH22NS50, 30W • PSU: Corsair VS550, 550W, 120mm fan • Case: Intex Easy PC, MiddleTower

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240
Your type of CPU supports the SSE2 instruction set. So it should not be the reason for your issue.

Thank you, guys!

This is my configuration: CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240, 2800 Mhz, 65W • MB: ASUS M2N68-AM Plus • GPU: GeForce 7025 (on-board) • RAM: Kingmax DDR2 2GB, PC2-8500, 1066 Mhz, 3W • HDD: Seagate 2TB Barracuda ST2000DM001, SATA3, 7200RPM, 64MB + Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blue, WD6400AAKS, SATA2, 7200RPM, 16MB • DVD-RW: LG GH22NS50, 30W • PSU: Corsair VS550, 550W, 120mm fan • Case: Intex Easy PC, MiddleTower

Only 2GB of RAM? upgrade to 4GB as minimum...

@Sylver Cheetah 53

As I experienced with my system of WinXP-Home-32bit-SP3 with CPU of 'AMD AthlonXP 2800+' and RAM of only 2GB the KIS/KAV 2016 (MR0 and also MR1) and the KIS/KAV 2017 was installable and running well under that system as long as the SSE2 CPU issue was not present.

So in my opinion I don't believe that the only 2GB size of RAM should be a reason for your issue. (My system for example is using about 1GB maximum)

Maybe some other software is taking a lot of memsize. Take a look into your windows task manager (use the administrator mode/account) about RAM space consuming.

Before installing KIS you should close all other programs to ensure that there is no additional RAM usage.

Also ensure to have enough unused size (free space) on your system drive (normally drive 'c').

Maybe it is helpful to create a systeminfo log and to post the URL of the report with your reply.

For instruction look at here: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

Edited by ErnstK

On 6/8/2017 at 2:15 PM, Sylver Cheetah 53 said:

I can not upgrade to 4GB because I am using a 32-bit operating system, so I can not go over 2,5GB of RAM.

Actually, you can. XP simply won't recognize "all" of it. 

I have WIndows XP Home Edition 32-bit, with 4GB RAM installed (a pair of 2GB sticks) and only 3.46GB of it is recognized. 
I also have an Intel Core i5 CPU with 2.80GHz, so maybe that helps? I'm not savvy enough with computers to understand all the finer nuances and tech specs, I just know what works and what doesn't through practical applications and actual use (on my machine, anyway). 

Edited by WTWASP
additional information

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.