yghnetadmin

KSV Migration From Agentless To Light Agent [In progress]

I have a small VMware 5.1 U2 system with 5 hosts all setup with KSV agentless 3.0. I'm planning to move them to the light agent. I have one KSC instance managing everything in the environment.

Can I remove KSV agentless from one host and run light agent on it while simultaneously keeping the remaining four hosts on agentless and slowly move them over later? Would there be any conflicts running both agentless and light agent in my environment?

I can turn off DRS on the hosts until everything has light agent to prevent VM's being on the light agent host without the light agent installed. Are there any other considerations?

Thank you,

Alan

Hi,

You need to make sure that there is no vsepfit driver on hosts which will be migrated to KSV light agent 3.0, after that there will be no conflicts and you can safely migrate to KSV light agent.

BR

Hi,

You need to make sure that there is no vsepfit driver on hosts which will be migrated to KSV light agent 3.0, after that there will be no conflicts and you can safely migrate to KSV light agent.

BR

So I have to remove the vShield Drivers on the VM's before migrating. Do I reinstall them after the migration is complete?

So I have to remove the vShield Drivers on the VM's before migrating. Do I reinstall them after the migration is complete?

Please check that there is no vsepfit driver on hosts.

Thank you.

Please check that there is no vsepfit driver on hosts.

Thank you.

I have this completed and things are working fine. Since it's not using the vShield VMTools, should I also uninstall vShield from the ESX hypervisor? I don't see it in the software requirements.

I have this completed and things are working fine. Since it's not using the vShield VMTools, should I also uninstall vShield from the ESX hypervisor? I don't see it in the software requirements.

Have you migrated all of the machines to the light agent solution? This is right there is no vShield requirements for light agent 3.0

Thank You!

Have you migrated all of the machines to the light agent solution? This is right there is no vShield requirements for light agent 3.0

Thank You!

I have completed this for one of five hypervisors. It runs fine except for when I run the weekly full scan. It maxes out the SVM's CPU and the VM's lose connection to it. The log message says the scan "Completed with error - SVM is unavailable"

Is this problem related to all VMs or just one?

Could you please provide us a screenshot of full scan task settings?

BR

Is this problem related to all VMs or just one?

Could you please provide us a screenshot of full scan task settings?

BR

It happened to most of the VM's. I've attached a Word document with all of the screen caps. I noted one setting that I had changed after receiving the errors.

Scan_Settings.doc

Edited by yghnetadmin

You changed security level of scanning, could you please create a new task with default settings and check?

As i can see there is a 1 hour passed after it run.

Also try to change scan scope.

BR

You changed security level of scanning, could you please create a new task with default settings and check?

As i can see there is a 1 hour passed after it run.

Also try to change scan scope.

BR

Do you have a recommendation for what to change in the scope?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.